GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
Ok...its BACKWARDS....like that...let the testing continue.
I've got 66 cars (including a few duplicates) on my initial short list (with a couple of them potential 3-series candidates), and 190 somewhat-more-expensive cars (again including duplicates) to get real stats for.

I could cull a few of them by not doing the online bonus races, which, considering the F3 race is at Suzuka and I've hated Suzuka since it first appeared in Pole Position 2, is a distinct probability.

I'm already using a notebook (I mean paper, pen, the old thing) for the WRS events, and I'm opening a brand new one for this alone. Wife travels a couple of days for business so intense testing schedule until saturday. The championship, the special event at Suzuka, you guys are keeping us busy 👍

The MR2 is very nice at Stowe and the Ring, but 2 seconds above target at Grand Valley :(
Time to keep on looking, but probably going higher on stock PP and power limiting is the way to go right?

The MR2 is very nice at Stowe and the Ring, but 2 seconds above target at Grand Valley :(
Time to keep on looking, but probably going higher on stock PP and power limiting is the way to go right?

You know there is no rule in running under the PP value :sly:.

Not necessarily. Most of the high-PP cars I've seen have to be choked down on power way too far to be useful due to their high-speed gearing.

I'm leaning toward the mid-to-late 1990's Honda offerings.

You know there is no rule in running under the PP value :sly:.

If a car is faster at one track, is it allowed to use the power limiter just at the one track in order to stay inside the lap time limits of all three tracks for the one week?

Last edited:
If a car is faster at one track, is it allowed to use the power limiter just at the one track in order to stay inside the lap time limits of all three tracks for the one week?

Yes, as long as the car does not exceed both the PP and the lap time of the selected track you are free to use the Power Limiter as much as you want.

Its free and open with car choice as possible, if you have the credits you could run a separate car for each track.

Some rules.
  • Races that have capped lap times cannot be exceeded (heavy penalty including points and credit)
  • Tuning Prohibited races, the power limiter is available to use
  • You can purchase any car in the regulations for the cup series (unless stated other wise i.e GT300 cup)

Ah glad I sparked this conversation. Mid 90's Honda is what I meant for higher PP value too Steve. Will keep testing but I think I might have found a winner...
Thanks for the clarification on the rules Hassle 👍

I have tried about a dozen cars. So far, all are too slow by about a 1.5 to 3 second average at the three tracks. Tried a variety of techniques adjusting the PP to 350 (oil change/no oil change, purchase at 350 with no limiter/higher PP limited to 350, etc.).

:confused:

Any tips as to which cars you guys wrote off because they were too fast? If you were too fast, then maybe I could get within a second of the time limit for each of the tracks. I already have been trying the cars some have been brainstorming here in the previous pages of posts. Thank you.

:boggled:

I have tried about a dozen cars. So far, all are too slow by about a 1.5 to 3 second average at the three tracks. Tried a variety of techniques adjusting the PP to 350 (oil change/no oil change, purchase at 350 with no limiter/higher PP limited to 350, etc.).

:confused:

Any tips as to which cars you guys wrote off because they were too fast? If you were too fast, then maybe I could get within a second of the time limit for each of the tracks. I already have been trying the cars some have been brainstorming here in the previous pages of posts. Thank you.

:boggled:
How about the 1997/1998 Civic? I got to the limit at Grand Valley East (and past at the other two tracks) with the 1997 in single-car testing, and the 1998 should be a tick faster, especially with a draft on the front straight (a bit more powerful at the same weight).

Last edited:
...especially with a draft on the front straight...

My best laps at Autumn Ring and Silverstone are within a second of the target lap times with a few cars (a couple different Hondas are my fastest); however, Grand Valley is still a bit outside (1.7 seconds slow with a near-perfect lap). I might be ok if I can get lucky with a few helpful drafts, as you say.

I'll put in a few hundred more miles and see the lap times start to improve; here's a room number for practice laps...

1472-4711-0167-3384-2614 :ill: closed :ill:

Last edited:
My best laps at Autumn Ring and Silverstone are within a second of the target lap times with a few cars (a couple different Hondas are my fastest); however, Grand Valley is still a bit outside (1.7 seconds slow with a near-perfect lap). I might be ok if I can get lucky with a few helpful drafts, as you say.

I'll put in a few hundred more miles and see the lap times start to improve; here's a room number for practice laps...

1472-4711-0167-3384-1302 :ill:closed:ill:

What setup are you using regarding assists Optic? Tc?

1472-4711-0167-3384-1302 :ill:closed:ill:

Try one of the FTO's or there is a FF Toyota (Celica I think) all within your budget at the moment.

I was able to get a few cars that are generally getting within one second of the limit at Autumn Ring and Silverstone Stowe (47.2xx & 1:05.4xx). Those cars are getting 1:25.1xx to 1:25.8xx at GVS. Is that close enough?

Try one of the FTO's or there is a FF Toyota (Celica I think) all within your budget at the moment.

I have an FTO that was able to get within a second at Autumn and Stowe, but can only get 1:26.5 at GVS.

Last edited:
It's too bad but I had to cancel the participation of the Sunday Cup :grumpy:

I was able to get a few cars that are generally getting within one second of the limit at Autumn Ring and Silverstone Stowe (47.2xx & 1:05.4xx). Those cars are getting 1:25.1xx to 1:25.8xx at GVS. Is that close enough?
I'd think so. Not only is there drafting help to get you closer to 1:24, if somebody has a bad lap, they can't run a 1:23 to make up the difference (at least not without a penalty).

I would say so, I'm not sure what everyone else is aiming for so I couldnt really say ;).

Bonus event 2 registration has been closed.

Bonus Event 3 is live

Bonus Event Details

Bonus Event No 3: GTP_WRS-Online Week 37:Dont Cha wish Your Golf Was pretty Like Me

Compete in GTP_WRS/3D3 Online race Week 37: Dont Cha wish Your Golf Was pretty Like Me and receive the last bonus credit of 2500 cr before the Career starts.

• Bonus Credit: 2500 cr

grand-valley-speedway_6-jpg.231860

I am very disappointed about this, but I am going to drop out of the Sunday Cup.:grumpy: This last weekend I had a very frustrating experience with my internet and online racing, So I am going to sit out of the online races for a little while.

Thanks for putting this together Paul @hasslemoff :cheers: Enjoy the racing everyone.

This last weekend I had a very frustrating experience with my internet and online racing, So I am going to sit out of the online races for a little while.
I'm nervous before every start mostly because of this sort of thing. It has sometimes happened in WRS events that I disconnect, but I mostly evade it since it's one race only and I do prepare.

Bonus Event No 3 is not in the OP. ;)

I was editing the thread while in the F3 room last night and never got chance last night :P, but thanks for the reminder :).
I am very disappointed about this, but I am going to drop out of the Sunday Cup.:grumpy: This last weekend I had a very frustrating experience with my internet and online racing, So I am going to sit out of the online races for a little while.

Thanks for putting this together Paul @hasslemoff :cheers: Enjoy the racing everyone.

I think there was a few last night in room A that had problems, Will have to try and get some testing done to see if it is a new bug :odd:

How about the 1997/1998 Civic? I got to the limit at Grand Valley East (and past at the other two tracks) with the 1997 in single-car testing, and the 1998 should be a tick faster, especially with a draft on the front straight (a bit more powerful at the same weight).
I tested the 1995 Civic EG6 SiR and I totally loved it.That will be my car for the event

I have a question.In my submission I informed the team that I will have the 1995 Civic EG6 SiR but I didn't wrote its prize.What shall I do?Submit again by adding the prize?

I have a question.In my submission I informed the team that I will have the 1995 Civic EG6 SiR but I didn't wrote its prize.What shall I do?Submit again by adding the prize?
I'd say PM @hasslemoff with the price even though it doesn't look like the entry was processed.

Back