GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

Discussion in 'WRS-OE Archive' started by hasslemoff, Sep 7, 2014.

1. euclid58

euclid58

No, none of what happened at Indy was intentional.. I got completely frazzled..
    Did all of my testing and prep on Thursday and was all set to go, and then proceeded to focus on other things the rest of the week.. Then Sunday I inadvertently raised my power value a bit before the qualy... And then before the start I couldn't figure out why I did that.. So the lesson taken from all that is how important a good practice session is prior to those career races.. Heck, the lobby was open a good hour early.. I was really kicking myself for that and embarrased too.
    I prefer to stay fairly clear of the lap limits and just push hard and not worry about it..

2. roamer2629

roamer2629 Premium

We usually have practice rooms up during the week before the races, and the more you lap the tracks, the lower the hp values go. This rooms are a lot of fun too so don't hesitate to join in. But we have all gone below cap during the series so don't be too hard on yourself.

euclid58 likes this.
  3. mr_lab_rat

mr_lab_rat

Practice sessions are often as much fun as the actual race. We typically talk about car choices, dial in the power limiter, and have short sprint races to see how traffic and draft affects lap times.

I didn't have time to practice much for this one and it looks like my car was a rocket in the straight line but not very good in the corners (well, what did you expect from a Mustang :)).

If I had more time I would have probably picked some "fake American" car like Acura or Scion :)

roamer2629 and euclid58 like this.
  4. euclid58

euclid58

Didn't remember to save the replay from R1, but here's a gallery of shots from Laguna Seca.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_03.jpg

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_09.jpg

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_04.jpg

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_08.jpg

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_01.jpg

5. PASM

PASM Moderator

I would have tried to make the Shelby GT350 work :lol: Still, the Ford GT is an epic car to have in the garage and I love driving it. At Laguna Seca I was too quick in quali, but in the race I decided to use the H-pattern and clutch. I only had to use 2 gears (2nd and 3rd) around the whole track!

Indy was good fun too. All I could do is mount the pressure on Javier, but he is a cool customer. I would follow the bumper in the hairpins but lacked a little punch to overtake. Then in the last few laps I had to defend to Mike, only crossing the line 0.002 before him :eek:

6. mr_lab_rat

mr_lab_rat

I'll try to take some pics including that photo finish.

PASM and euclid58 like this.
  7. PHO3NIX_F1RE

PHO3NIX_F1RE

Here are some pictures of the last championship, the National A, I believe it was. Due to how long it takes for me to photograph a race (anywhere between 30 minutes to around 2 hours) I'll be uploading it in two parts. This covers everything from the Night Masters to the 4WD Cup.

These here are a selection, the full album can be found here.

A note on my mindset whilst taking these, and probably how I'll continue to in the future. While @Gravitron and all the other regular photomode 'photographers' do a great job of capturing the broad scope of the races, I thought I'd approach it with a tighter focus and attempt to capture the intense little battles that happen throughout the races, and be slightly more liberal with the 'artsy' features like blurs and dodgy compositions.

Anyway, enjoy these pictures, I'll get round to Part II as and when I can.

8. mr_lab_rat

mr_lab_rat

wow, these are awesome!

euclid58 likes this.
  9. Gravitron

Gravitron Moderator

Congrats Javier @roamer2629 on the win overall for the International B Championship!!! :cheers: Holding Bart off for 12 laps at Indy and then being gifted 2nd at Laguna due to qualy errors, great job. :tup:

Well done to Aaron @PHO3NIX_F1RE on 2nd, and nice pics. :gtpflag:

gt6-career-19 (1).PNG
    gt6-career-19.5 (1).PNG

gt6-career-IBoverall-points.PNG

hasslemoff, roamer2629 and euclid58 like this.
  10. PHO3NIX_F1RE

PHO3NIX_F1RE

Wooh, my first podium! Who knows, maybe next time I'll take one because of my abilities, rather than just by showing up more :D

Congratulations Javier @roamer2629 for the win, I think the longest I've held Bart @PASM off for was maybe a lap or so before I buckled or gave up and let him pass, the dude's relentless.

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the pictures, everyone likes to hear their work is appreciated.

11. roamer2629

roamer2629 Premium

Thanks Guys more than happy!!! :cheers:

12. PASM

PASM Moderator

Relentless is my middle name haha :lol:

Nail-27, Mires, mr_lab_rat and 2 others like this.
  13. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

Attaboy JT (Euclid) I told you this series was fun and full of good racers.......Enjoy.

So when do we start again......I'll do this series and Monday Nights only.....beat up or not !!!!

Lets go back and start over....like summer reruns on TV (some of you are old enough to remember those...right (say yes...please say yes).

14. roamer2629

roamer2629 Premium

Hey I grew up with four black and white channels to choose from :D

euclid58 and Nail-27 like this.
  15. hasslemoff

hasslemoff Premium

Been a long break for summer and I should have some spare time again to get this show back on the road. So to help you build up the credits again have a go in the Triple 24 Minutes of Spa-Francorchamps this sunday and receive a Bonus of 500 000 cr.

Bonus Event

[​IMG]

Credit 500 000

Nail-27 and GTP_Dutchy like this.
  16. PASM

PASM Moderator

Awesome! :) Don't be shy to register for this race, there will probably be multiple rooms and drivers will be closely matched.

Nail-27 likes this.
  17. Mires

Mires

Registering for this although i dunno if i'll have time to participate. 500K is just 500K :drool::bowdown::cheers:

18. roamer2629

roamer2629 Premium

Hey Paul Welcome back dude!!

hasslemoff, Nail-27 and euclid58 like this.
  19. hasslemoff

hasslemoff Premium

Mires and Gravitron like this.
  20. roamer2629

roamer2629 Premium

Forgot to register :banghead:

21. Mires

Mires

hmm, i think i did registered, but not sure now, else i wouldnt post my post about registering for this. Hmm, maybe reg form had a small outage, or maybe my memory had a big blackout.

I really dunno now

22. hasslemoff

hasslemoff Premium

I noticed you raced on Sunday but didn't register sorry.

I'm sure there will be a TT bonus event soon :sly:.

My Fault your bonus had been added :tup:.

roamer2629 and Mires like this.
  23. RacingOtaku86

RacingOtaku86

@hasslemoff, please remove me from the Career Championship registry. I will no longer race in the CC anymore.

24. Harsk100

Harsk100

@hasslemoff When is the 1980's American Muscle Championship for GT6 Career Championship?

25. hasslemoff

hasslemoff Premium

Harsk100 likes this.
  26. Harsk100

Harsk100

27. hasslemoff

hasslemoff Premium

Harsk100 and GTP_Patrick1 like this.
  28. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

When is GT500 GT300 enduro....

29. Ph1sh

Ph1sh Premium

I'm interested in doing the career championship whenever it starts up again. Looking forward to it :tup:

MadMax and hasslemoff like this.
  30. hasslemoff

hasslemoff Premium

Its been and gone it was a quote from a few months ago :).