GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
Great racing yesterday. One tenth from target at Indy, got pole from Euclid (Did you do that on purpose or just missed launch?) and could hold Bart for the entire race :eek: I had more power than him of course, but still glad I didn't make any mistakes. Laguna was fun but I went off road at turn 1 once and lost contact with the lead. Found Mike's Boss limping at the top of the hill and couldn't make up my mind between sides to overtake so I just stood on the brakes. Lost the position to Patrick overshooting the corkscrew.
Love this championship, can't wait for the next round 👍

No, none of what happened at Indy was intentional.. I got completely frazzled..
Did all of my testing and prep on Thursday and was all set to go, and then proceeded to focus on other things the rest of the week.. Then Sunday I inadvertently raised my power value a bit before the qualy... And then before the start I couldn't figure out why I did that.. So the lesson taken from all that is how important a good practice session is prior to those career races.. Heck, the lobby was open a good hour early.. I was really kicking myself for that and embarrased too.
I prefer to stay fairly clear of the lap limits and just push hard and not worry about it..

No, none of what happened at Indy was intentional.. I got completely frazzled..
Did all of my testing and prep on Thursday and was all set to go, and then proceeded to focus on other things the rest of the week.. Then Sunday I inadvertently raised my power value a bit before the qualy... And then before the start I couldn't figure out why I did that.. So the lesson taken from all that is how important a good practice session is prior to those career races.. Heck, the lobby was open a good hour early.. I was really kicking myself for that and embarrased too.
I prefer to stay fairly clear of the lap limits and just push hard and not worry about it..

We usually have practice rooms up during the week before the races, and the more you lap the tracks, the lower the hp values go. This rooms are a lot of fun too so don't hesitate to join in. But we have all gone below cap during the series so don't be too hard on yourself.

Practice sessions are often as much fun as the actual race. We typically talk about car choices, dial in the power limiter, and have short sprint races to see how traffic and draft affects lap times.

I didn't have time to practice much for this one and it looks like my car was a rocket in the straight line but not very good in the corners (well, what did you expect from a Mustang :)).

If I had more time I would have probably picked some "fake American" car like Acura or Scion :)

Didn't remember to save the replay from R1, but here's a gallery of shots from Laguna Seca.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_03.jpg

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_09.jpg

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_04.jpg

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_08.jpg

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_01.jpg

If I had more time I would have probably picked some "fake American" car like Acura or Scion :)

I would have tried to make the Shelby GT350 work :lol: Still, the Ford GT is an epic car to have in the garage and I love driving it. At Laguna Seca I was too quick in quali, but in the race I decided to use the H-pattern and clutch. I only had to use 2 gears (2nd and 3rd) around the whole track!

Indy was good fun too. All I could do is mount the pressure on Javier, but he is a cool customer. I would follow the bumper in the hairpins but lacked a little punch to overtake. Then in the last few laps I had to defend to Mike, only crossing the line 0.002 before him :eek:

Here are some pictures of the last championship, the National A, I believe it was. Due to how long it takes for me to photograph a race (anywhere between 30 minutes to around 2 hours) I'll be uploading it in two parts. This covers everything from the Night Masters to the 4WD Cup.

These here are a selection, the full album can be found here.

A note on my mindset whilst taking these, and probably how I'll continue to in the future. While @Gravitron and all the other regular photomode 'photographers' do a great job of capturing the broad scope of the races, I thought I'd approach it with a tighter focus and attempt to capture the intense little battles that happen throughout the races, and be slightly more liberal with the 'artsy' features like blurs and dodgy compositions.

Anyway, enjoy these pictures, I'll get round to Part II as and when I can.

Wooh, my first podium! Who knows, maybe next time I'll take one because of my abilities, rather than just by showing up more :D

Congratulations Javier @roamer2629 for the win, I think the longest I've held Bart @PASM off for was maybe a lap or so before I buckled or gave up and let him pass, the dude's relentless.

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the pictures, everyone likes to hear their work is appreciated.

Attaboy JT (Euclid) I told you this series was fun and full of good racers.......Enjoy.

So when do we start again......I'll do this series and Monday Nights only.....beat up or not !!!!

Lets go back and start over....like summer reruns on TV (some of you are old enough to remember those...right (say yes...please say yes).

Attaboy JT (Euclid) I told you this series was fun and full of good racers.......Enjoy.

So when do we start again......I'll do this series and Monday Nights only.....beat up or not !!!!

Lets go back and start over....like summer reruns on TV (some of you are old enough to remember those...right (say yes...please say yes).

Hey I grew up with four black and white channels to choose from :D

Registering for this although i dunno if i'll have time to participate. 500K is just 500K :drool::bowdown::cheers:

hmm, i think i did registered, but not sure now, else i wouldnt post my post about registering for this. Hmm, maybe reg form had a small outage, or maybe my memory had a big blackout.

I really dunno now

Forgot to register :banghead:

I noticed you raced on Sunday but didn't register sorry.

I'm sure there will be a TT bonus event soon :sly:.

hmm, i think i did registered, but not sure now, else i wouldnt post my post about registering for this. Hmm, maybe reg form had a small outage, or maybe my memory had a big blackout.

I really dunno now

My Fault your bonus had been added 👍.

Will be there next races on GT6 Career Championship? I'm interested.

Its been a bit quiet the last month in here as the triple mix took center stage for a month and the GT500 / GT300 enduro is coming up, works starting behind the scenes to get the capped lap times and dates sorted for the International B Championship.

New rules.
  • Overall Championship with credit spent and earned is been dropped
  • A new capped lap time rule including quali and race capped lap times again to allow closing racing.
  • New starting credit for the new drivers and drivers who have not been able to make all the events.
  • New winning credit for each race, 1st = 150 000 cr so the quicker cars are freely available.

International B Championship Cups

Tour of Japan = 2 races one night / PP 520
  • Tokyo
  • Twin ring Motegi East
Tour of Europe = 2 races one night / PP 540
  • Spa
  • Ascari
Tour of America = 2 races one night / PP 560
  • Indinapolis Road Course
  • Laguna Seca
All tour races are classed as one cup (overall winner determined over the 3 tours)

Supercar Festival = 4 races over two weeks / PP TBD

• Monza
  • Nurb GP/D
Tuned Car Festival = 4 races over two weeks / PP TBD
  • Apricott Hill
  • Daytona
GT Kart 125 = 3 races one night
  • Kart Space 1
  • Kart Space 2
  • Gt Arena
Dirt Trials = TBD
  • Toscana (Variable time)
  • Eiger Norwood W TRail
  • Chamonix West (Weather)
British Light Weights = 2 races / PP TBD
  • London
  • Brands Hatch Indy
Classic Supercar Festival = 4 races over two weeks / PP TBD

• TBD

GT All-Stars Championship
= 4 races over two weeks /PP TBD
  • TBD

Above events are subject to change by the Stewards discretion, the above is a guide to help you pick your cars for the International B Championship.

Back