GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 10 : Weekly Rally Series?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 324 comments
We can call this week "Lefty's Revenge!" Awesome job, man. 👍

Your so funny Chuck :lol: that is the name I gave my race car/truck when I was spending thousand$ on it ......

picture.php

The real "Leftyz Revenge"

Jerome, You need to use the in-race adjusters... I have mine set up on a sixaxis. This allows you to change brake balance and torque split even if there are no setting adjustments in the main menu.

Oh, I thought that took that out. Sounds like they put it back in I'll adjust on the fly with my DFGT, thx 👍

Jerome

I'm a big fan op rally, but the rally modes in Gran Turismo never seemed to interest me. The handling on dirt really feels so "strange"

After 30 minuten:

:eek::lol:
Very impressive (as always) 👍

EDK
  • Power: 452 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1585 kg (Stock)

Uh, not that it matters, because you can't change it anyway, but that's not really stock figures for the Focus WRC, is it?

Holy cow lefty.
1st lot of splits.
T1 37.205
T2 46.858

Last edited:
Uh, not that it matters, because you can't change it anyway, but that's not really stock figures for the Focus WRC, is it?

Definitely not. Congratulations, you've found my copy/paste error of the week. You win............

Absolutely nothing. ;)

I don't have access to see the correct stats ATM, so I'll have to fix this later tonight.

Lefty - you're looking pretty good this week! 👍

I haven't as yet tried with the BB/Torque options but might have to set that up to work with the DS3 - I am clutching at straws already after being so far behind. :lol: Might need to stop sliding about so much since it doesn't seem the best way to get the job done. 👍

Lefty - you're looking pretty good this week! 👍

Thanks Mill, I try so hard w/ the asphalt stuff and only can muster mid pack stuff and then I get my wish. The offroad stuff is where I rock in the real world. It's so bad where I come from that my buddy who is a 3pete champion at Placerville raceway in the Pro-stock class and now races Bah ha won't inviete me to watch him practice because if he let's me drive I would kick his rear end and he knows it. These offroad events are my only shot at some realization of what I bring to the table and maybe w/ these and the world competition stuff that the Seasonals hold someone will give me a shot, But isn't that why they call them dreamzzz...lol

Just for ***** N Gigles I was able to calm Little down long enough to post some rockin splits and after I log out he will make his presents known... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found 50/50 split to work pretty well.
ABS 10, I don't know about that yet, but trying it.

Couple of passes here after some 10 laps of arcade mode to familiarize me with the track, it's been a while.

Splits to get on the board.

Wheel FFB on 1, feels like the 7 I usually run.

Five laps. Disconnected force feedback.

How do you do that, just unplug the power and use just the USB cable to the PS3? I have a DFGT.

Jerome

How do you do that, just unplug the power and use just the USB cable to the PS3? I have a DFGT.

Jerome

Yup, just unplug the power after it has calibrated and you are already in the game. I haven't raced like that but I know it works.

I may have to try this one again.
First splits: Three days, seventeen hours, two minutes, and four seconds.
I think it's all those flashbulbs!!

I had a go at this earlier and as expected, it took me about an hour to even get half decent splits.:dopey: I'll post them up tomorrow sometime when I know the exact times I ran. I'll be somewhere in the middle of the leaderboard as it currently stands. I am not sure I can improve on my time either.:ouch:

I just spent some time looking at how to enable the RM functions and mapping the buttons to my sixaxis controller.

After a bit of experimentation, I mapped to the left, right and down on the d-pad, as well as left-stick-click and right-stick-click (L3/R3)

I altered the Torque split to 45/55 from the defaults, and arbitrarily chose BB 2/8 I think, no idea why - immediately MUCH faster. I am very surprised at how much faster you can go just by altering these. Since there is no way to stop them being applied I fully agree with the decision to allow usage of the RA options in the race rules, but I think the degree to which they are a game-changer in this event is startling!

Anywho - down to business, I gained a huge amount of time and will make more use of this in future. Since it's part and parcel of the rules - I suggest everyone that does not use the RA functions to use them!

T1: 36.847
T2: 45.213

👍

Holy cow lefty.
1st lot of splits.
T1 37.205
T2 46.858

Just to make Lefty s****** a little more here's my frustrating new splits.
Faster 1st slower 2nd but .500 @ the line.

T1 36.819
T2 46.922

Yeh Ryan that how your suppose to roll. Drag ya dad down to your leval & beat him with experience.👍

Last edited:
My dad really coached me good on this one and I think I did ok but I'll probibly end up mid pack or something :) but at least my T1 time was faster then his... :lol:

T1: 36.260
T2: 44.808

First splits.

T1: 37.097
T2: 44.545

A big :bowdown: for Zoky, well, second and third place are still up to grabs. :lol:
and for Lefty and little lefty, maybe there is some asphalt hidden somewhere on the track. ;)
You guys are crazy fast. :eek:

Last edited:
T1: 36.728
T2: 44.693

50/50 Torque split, 2/9 BB
TCS 0, ABS 10, AS Mild

Better T2 and another whole second knocked out.

Lefty and little lefty, maybe there is some asphalt hidden somewhere on the track

When I was couldn't figure out what to do in this dirt racing stuff my dad always tells me to "aim the gun and then pull the trigger" he never gives me a straight answer :lol:

Nice change of scenery this week. It's be interesting to see how the leaderboards change on the dirt.

First splits:

T1: 36.734
T2: 45.366

Actually, my first splits were much slower. I changed the torque splits to 45/55 as recommended to get these. Top tip. 👍

When I was couldn't figure out what to do in this dirt racing stuff my dad always tells me to "aim the gun and then pull the trigger" he never gives me a straight answer :lol:

Haha, looks like someone who doesn't want to get beaten by his son. :sly:

I'm complete useless driving in dirt...
However I like to take part in every week (missed only two cause me and my ps3 were apart)
so here it goes...

T1: 38.592
T2: 48.059

Back