Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicane)

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_6_zpsca3bc8fe.jpg

Ferrari F40 '92

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_2_zps2baafd98.jpg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: Arcade Mode : Time Trial
  • Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicane)
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: Italy > Ferrari
  • Model: F40 '92

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 478 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1352 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type: Sport Soft (S3's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_3_zps28564f04.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track.
  • Green surfaces next to rumble strips are not track.
  • See Week 18's OP for more on legal/illegal areas. Rules are the same this week.

Steward's Comments:
The first road legal production car to break 200mph. The last Ferrari to be introduced on Enzo's watch. Finally, we get to drive it!
Credit to EDK for this combo. Enjoy!

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_5_zps43a51500.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_zps242f40d1.jpg

Number of splits: 2

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 111 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, April 8th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaNoChicane_7_zpsb04ca695.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Lovely last photo!

Might have a run on this, sounds great, cheers Lucas and Kevin :)

I would imagine 21s and 38s are possible for those with the requisite talents.

Edit:

Perhaps not 21s :lol:

Last edited:
Thank the lord this is in arcade mode! Can't imagine trying to find a good setup for this car :lol:

I have been pretty inactive recently, both in GT5 and WRS. After a big home project I now have more time to spend behind the wheel.
Alas, my PS3 has died on me so I don't have access to the game until I find another console.
Keep in touch 👍

New firmware is miles better. I can get more but it's tricky hooking up all the chicanes.

I haven't run this yet but I'm guessing the first sector is full throttle all the way :lol:

Perhaps not 21s :lol:
I concur. :P

At last the F40, for my money the perfect Ferrari and one of the purest cars ever made. Who needs fancy paint and a stereo? :sly: I'm not a fan of this Monza layout... not much of a fan of Monza at all really but I'm not going to miss a run in this monster. First crack of the wip:

Possibly a .2 there in the 1st sector and definitely a touch more in sector 2. I'm sure its common knowledge though that Ascari and Parabolica can both murder a good lap in a blink.

I haven't run this yet but I'm guessing the first sector is full throttle all the way :lol:
:rolleyes:

Haven't got around to trying this one yet, but I thought the car choice was quite coincidental as its the featured car on the upcoming episode of one of my favorite shows, "Fast And Loud." Love them guys at Gas Monkey Garage. If you've ever seen that show, I have a mad crush on Richard's secretary. :drool: She is one hot chick.

This is going to annoy me, you have to reverse or do a whole lap before you can get a good run across the line! Stupid PD!

It seems the first sector is possible without lifting if you take a trip through the gravel trap... ;)

Honestly, I'm considering not running this week because of this, it takes all the fun out of it :(

Last edited:
Don't really like this track so I haven't run it much. I agree with Chris about the car, it's exactly what a car should be.

Good chunk of time left in t2, I threw away a much better lap at parabolica.

This is going to annoy me, you have to reverse or do a whole lap before you can get a good run across the line! Stupid PD!

It seems the first sector is possible without lifting if you take a trip through the gravel trap... ;)

Honestly, I'm considering not running this week because of this, it takes all the fun out of it :(

Enlighten me about this gravel trap you speak of. Are you telling me its possible to go off track and still be legal? Confused. If thats the case, I'm out of this one too.

Enlighten me about this gravel trap you speak of. Are you telling me its possible to go off track and still be legal? Confused. If thats the case, I'm out of this one too.

I was only joking about the gravel trap, of course your lap would be invalidated.

However it is highly annoying and frustrating that you have to complete a lap or reverse backwards to get a good run across the start finish line, otherwise you lose around a second in T1 because PD decided it would be clever to place us after the last corner at the start 👎

I was only joking about the gravel trap, of course your lap would be invalidated.

However it is highly annoying and frustrating that you have to complete a lap or reverse backwards to get a good run across the start finish line, otherwise you lose around a second in T1 because PD decided it would be clever to place us after the last corner at the start 👎

Oh, alright. Excuse my dumbassness then, :dunce: :lol: I'm such a tard. :lol:

Possibly a .2 there in the 1st sector

I saw a high 2 earlier before upgrading my wheel firmware, weirdly I'm now slower in sector 1 and quicker everywhere else. I can now finally flick back to 640 degrees instead of 900, which wasn't 900 at all. Not sure what they were thinking with 750b.

I am aiming for a 1'01.000 now that I trust the kit!

My baby

picture.php

Oops... that was an F50

22.470 22.378 22.465 22.575 22.487 22.256
40.560 40.147 39.663 39.578 39.396 39.297

Whoosh...I worked hard for that!

Last edited:
Any advice on break balance ? I am still at 5/5

Last edited:
Any advice on break balance ? I am still at 5/5

I actually used 3/9 without testing anything else...just to get more steering as I braked. But then I'm currently slower than you ;-). I guess some rear bias is needed and quite a lot I would think.

Had quite a few runs at this tonight.

I found that at the beginning I was quite consistantly getting .3 on T1 even hitting a .272 but, cannot seem to get very close to that again now! :grumpy:

I'm happy knowing that during the week I can probably hit that again but, T2 I can't figure out at all.

First splits for the week.

It occurs to me I have never driven this car for anything but a photo shoot. Must rectify!

Seriously??? This car is wacky and I love every second of it. Gonna be a FUN week!

Back