GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 113 : You Only Live Twice

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 189 comments
Talking of walls...some of us seem to have a lot of contact with walls at varying speeds. I'm thinking about the chassis restoration option in GT Auto. Do we increase the cost of chassis restoration (= damage the chassis more) if we have a lot of collisions? Anyone?

Talking of walls...some of us seem to have a lot of contact with walls at varying speeds. I'm thinking about the chassis restoration option in GT Auto. Do we increase the cost of chassis restoration (= damage the chassis more) if we have a lot of collisions? Anyone?

No. It costs the same if you land the car badly from a jump or if you do demolition derby with parts falling off (premium cars)

No. It costs the same if you land the car badly from a jump or if you do demolition derby with parts falling off (premium cars)

But do you agree that we damage the car slightly when we collide with things and that we should then do a chassis restoration to repair the damage? I can see myself trying to mash the Start button just before I do a head on with the wall :lol:

WWMD NGU 👍:dopey:

Lol, you remember.👍 Yea, not giving up, just got to take a short break. Don't know whats wrong with me today, but for some reason I just can't drive. Just one of those days I guess.:crazy:

@Clive: I do a chassis restoration everytime I cange the oil or do an engine restoraton. I can definately tell the difference if I don't. The money is no issue.:sly:

Don't know whats wrong with me today, but for some reason I just can't drive. Just one of those days I guess.:crazy:
👍 Happens to us all Mitch. Today I can do 37.0 1st sectors but someone has changed the track in sector 2 and I can't exit the fast right/left esses without smashing into the Armco.... 10 laps in a row. :crazy: More coffee and try again...

👍 Happens to us all Mitch. Today I can do 37.0 1st sectors but someone has changed the track in sector 2 and I can't exit the fast right/left esses without smashing into the Armco.... 10 laps in a row. :crazy: More coffee and try again...

Is your chassis reinforced?

Nice splits Jon :cheers:. Stop ninja-editing :lol:.

Is your chassis reinforced?

Nice splits Jon :cheers:. Stop ninja-editing :lol:.

I just added the chassis reinforcement myself. Going to see if it helps or not right now.

EDIT: Finally, an improvement. Added chassis reinforcement (made car more stable) and also added 20 kg. of weight to the +50 end.

Last edited:
Think these will be my final splits unless I get some time next monday eve.. Busy all weekend out and about plus some racing to do.

36.941 (magic first sector)

Errrm...what? :dopey:

No but I don't think that's the problem since it wasn't yesterday either. The problem is the track is narrower I'm sure. 💡

:lol: tried asking in the weirdest possible way. I just wanted to check if you're using chassis reinforcement at all, but based on your answer I guess not.

Finally....making some progress. This damn track is taking me forever to figure out. Still have a long way to go, but at least its a step in the right direction.

Errrm...what? :dopey:

No but I don't think that's the problem since it wasn't yesterday either. The problem is the track is narrower I'm sure. 💡
For me the track is there (narrow and slippery) and I am older so can't see in the dark as well as I could. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Finally made an improvement. Thanks Mitch for the Chassis Reinforcement and the ballast ideas, they helped.

Not my best T1 at all, but I was faster over the line this lap, so that's all that matters.

Previous splits:
38.701 38.322
28.216 28.436

Quick session before work:

T1 37.619
T2 27.795

Lost 2 tenths from my best 3rd sector though, but improving on the first two. Still a bit left im hoping - gonna give the chasis reinforcement a go tonight.

Still can't find that sector one time but am finding time getting coffee in the pits...it all counts :lol:

My first TT had to be on a course I haven't driven much since GT4! Suspect I'm over-driving horribly, but I'll start with

Hopefully calmer will be faster!

Finally made an improvement. Thanks Mitch for the Chassis Reinforcement and the ballast ideas, they helped.

Not my best T1 at all, but I was faster over the line this lap, so that's all that matters.

Previous splits:
38.701 38.322
28.216 28.436

You're welcome, no problem. Like I told you before, just hang in there and don't give up. Stay positive. If you have questions/concerns, don't be affraid to ask. Good to see you on the rise my friend. :cheers:

Chassis reinforcement definitely helped (as did switching to a red car. It's a well-known fact that red ones are faster).

Definitely more to come.

Last edited:
Chassis reinforcement definitely helped (as did switching to a red car. It's a well-known fact that red ones are faster).

Definitely more to come.

Lol, thats just a myth my friend. I have read stats tho where Red cars get noticed more for speeding and such, but thats just because the color Red sticks out more and catches your attention. But as far as being faster, nah.

Lol, thats just a myth my friend. I have read stats tho where Red cars get noticed more for speeding and such, but thats just because the color Red sticks out more and catches your attention. But as far as being faster, nah.

Must just apply to motorcycles then ;)

You're welcome, no problem. Like I told you before, just hang in there and don't give up. Stay positive. If you have questions/concerns, don't be afraid to ask. Good to see you on the rise my friend. :cheers:

I realised I don't have much to worry about. I'm not that far off my Division pace, so I'll keep plugging away at the TT's, I'll learn more that way, no? And the community support after I requested demotion was staggering. I think I am in good company.

Can't say I'll be able to improve by much (those last splits were hard to achieve), but I'll keep trying while I have the time, which might not be a lot over the weekend.

I realised I don't have much to worry about. I'm not that far off my Division pace, so I'll keep plugging away at the TT's, I'll learn more that way, no? And the community support after I requested demotion was staggering. I think I am in good company.

Can't say I'll be able to improve by much (those last splits were hard to achieve), but I'll keep trying while I have the time, which might not be a lot over the weekend.

See, I told you that you add nothing to worry about. Success takes time. We now live in a microwave society where everyone wants things better, faster. They want instant gratifacation. Ther'e are still some things in society that cannot be "microwaved", so to speak, and success is one of them. Please remember that my friend. Hard work over time will be what gives you true success. The success you taste in the end will taste far better than anything microwaved.:sly: Good luck my friend, the journy can be long, but also an enjoyable one. Peace.

Finally got a reasonable sector 1 time, now I need to work on the rest :(

37.277 37.176
27.819 27.819

Edit: Found the second sector but lost some in the first....:indiff:

Last edited:
Thread for the online race is now live!

SpecialStageRoute5copy_zps28badce3.jpg

Struggling with this event to run consistent laps. I can not run the same line lap after lap.
T1 and T2 overall were worse than previous, but good T3 gave me better overall time. Think I can get .2 or .3 better. Running out of time, leaving on a business trip for a week early tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back