GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 117 : SSuzuka

• Thread starter EDK
  • 180 comments
And how do you find your theoretical best lap out? I usually just run until I can't catch my ghost anymore :/
I used to hunt my ghost as well but now when I see a very good split, I rewind and watch it again to try and see what I did better/different. Knowing I'm capable of doing certain splits I hunt those times and turn off the ghost. Of course once I move on to the next set of laps, the review of that particular best split is gone because I don't save that replay. Only the best laps.

I never drive with Mr Ghost, he distracts me too much :indiff:

Just got back from the hospital. Been there since 9ish this morning. Woke up with serious back spasms. Having another bout of sciatica which usually puts me out of commission for 3-4 days. Gonna try to continue my run anyways. We'll see how it goes after I try to get a good nights sleep tonight.

Get yourself in shape, we'll be here when you're better. :) I have to track down Gayle first before I can chase you anyway. :eek:

Get yourself in shape, we'll be here when you're better. :) I have to track down Gayle first before I can chase you anyway. :eek:

I'm sure you will be passing me soon Omar! Mitch, I can sympathize with you today. I spent most of the day at the VA Clinic with severe back and hip pain. Meds didn't even touch it. Had an Xray so maybe it will show whats wrong. Hopefully tomorrow I can try to stay ahead of Omar!!

so many failed laps on the first series of turns :(
but loving the excuse to finally learn the track properly

1'00.697

1'00.259

Last edited:
1:00.217

Still a lot to find out there. I tried no abs on this and its alright but I'm just learning how to drive without abs so my times would be terrible :)

should have some time this week, so count on some split updates soon:)

Just like Matt said, you have no reason to fear me as well, great splits, you and Andrew 👍

1'00.174

Any gearing advise :dopey:

Splits of last night but was not able to post them, let's say i was a bit in a hurry

I ended up with the exact same time at T2 twice and messed up T3 twice :ouch: One time even worse then the other :lol: Plenty of time left till the deadline

Saw better T2's passing by

Any gearing advise :dopey:

Which part of the track?

As promised, some split updates:

1'00.106

Last edited:
I pretty much understand this kind of gearing, I'm asking when should i shift up (rpm or km/h)
And nice splits 👍

Thnx

I shift when the rev light start to burn except in 3th i wait longer about 175-178 km no idea if it's faster. But i have the feeling the car drops abit if i shift to 4th when the rev lights go on.

I shift when the rev light start to burn except in 3th i wait longer about 175-178 km no idea if it's faster. But i have the feeling the car drops abit if i shift to 4th when the rev lights go on.

Yep, I'm shifting the same way.

Just got back from the hospital. Been there since 9ish this morning. Woke up with serious back spasms. Having another bout of sciatica which usually puts me out of commission for 3-4 days. Gonna try to continue my run anyways. We'll see how it goes after I try to get a good nights sleep tonight.

Hope you feel better. :)

I never drive with Mr Ghost, he distracts me too much :indiff:

I love Mr. Ghost! He's my best buddy. :D

Splits of last night but was not able to post them, let's say i was a bit in a hurry

I ended up with the exact same time at T2 twice and messed up T3 twice :ouch: One time even worse then the other :lol: Plenty of time left till the deadline

Saw better T2's passing by

Nice job. :) Not to far behind now.

Thanks doodle, appreciate the well wishes.

Hey, I've got a quick question or two if you all will indulge me for a moment. Now that we have official word about GT6, will the WRS continue on into the new release? If so, about how long will it take to get things up and running? I realize it is way to early, but just wondering if there has been any tentative plans put into place or any thoughts about it yet. I wasn't around for the transition from GT4 to GT5, so I don't know how it works. I assume we all will have to start from scratch and our division rankings now will mean nothing in GT6? Not looking for any definitive answers of course as we still have about 6-7 months, just looking for the admins thoughts on this, thats all.

Last edited:
I had another go and went faster, but still miles off the pace and not enjoying, so I will return next week 👍

I had another go and went faster, but still miles off the pace and not enjoying, so I will return next week 👍

That is the most important thing.

Enjoying it.

New set of splits without SRF.

1:01.041
0:50.413

New splits:

1:00.536
0:50.559

Last edited:
Went to have another session after work last night , then seen the new seasonal special event TT for the green hell in 24hr layout. Love that track! Ended up running that for 2 hrs even though I made gold first go around, it was just fun. Back to this tonight.

Well, it's been over a year since I was last here!

But all the excitement around GT6 yesterday got me to dig out GT5 and do a little driving! I've missed it!

So here I am... Back competing at WRS, getting more stressed at every apex I miss, try to find those tenths of a second that count!

My first splits after about 20 laps...

1:00.667

Suzuka is not my friend!

Hey, I've got a quick question or two if you all will indulge me for a moment. Now that we have official word about GT6, will the WRS continue on into the new release? If so, about how long will it take to get things up and running? I realize it is way to early, but just wondering if there has been any tentative plans put into place or any thoughts about it yet. I wasn't around for the transition from GT4 to GT5, so I don't know how it works. I assume we all will have to start from scratch and our division rankings now will mean nothing in GT6? Not looking for any definitive answers of course as we still have about 6-7 months, just looking for the admins thoughts on this, thats all.

My assumption is that it would go the same way it did between 4 and 5. A re-qual would seem likely and I would think that divisions would shake out very similar to where they are now anyway.

Although, with the new structure for creating a club/league there may be a way that GT6 will handle everything on it's own. I was very excited to hear about this feature and I'm eager to learn more. :)

I won't be putting anymore laps on this one, at least until my back heals. Good luck to everyone!!

My assumption is that it would go the same way it did between 4 and 5. A re-qual would seem likely and I would think that divisions would shake out very similar to where they are now anyway.

Although, with the new structure for creating a club/league there may be a way that GT6 will handle everything on it's own. I was very excited to hear about this feature and I'm eager to learn more. :)

Same here. If everything holds true as to what was announced in the press conference, GT6 should be a vast improvement. I just hope they arn't rushing things just to compete with Forza 5 and come out with a half completed game like GT5 was in the beginning. Anyway, thanks for your insight, much appreciated.

Keep making tiny mistakes out there, its tough to keep a good lap going without making a small mistake that costs tenths

Back on my horse. Still not feeling well, but managed to get myself into my Playseat for a few laps. Very messy lap and my timing was way off, but it is what it is for now.

1'00.786

What are you doing here. Please leave :lol:

great splits 👍

Keep making tiny mistakes out there, its tough to keep a good lap going without making a small mistake that costs tenths

I'm know. Had the same tonight. Needs to run the so close to my limit that the tiny mistakes cost you dearly. :grumpy: Oh well that's the story of a TT-er

A bit happy with my first stint at the seasonal at Fuji

New splits...still on my horse. Kinda stuck in my Playseat :lol: and can't get out so I might as well put my time to good use. :lol: My girlfriend should be here in a few hours so she can help me up when she gets here. 👍 I need one of those Life Alert things....Help, I'm in my Playseat and I can't get out!! :lol::lol:

1'00.716

Back