GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 117 : SSuzuka

• Thread starter EDK
  • 180 comments
Well, what else can I say, then that I am happy that once and a while I am able to run that magical lap.... good to see my efforts get rewarded :) Personal best on first and last sector, second sector could have been better but I am not complainning as I took off 0.6 of my personal best time :dunce:

Edit : Wow, did not realise these times would bring me in such close battle with Shawn and Majed, I think I have a decent last sector, but you never know ;) I probably submit with these splits....

Last edited:
Well, what else can I say, then that I am happy that once and a while I am able to run that magical lap.... good to see my efforts get rewarded :) Personal best on first and last sector, second sector could have been better but I am not complainning as I took off 0.6 of my personal best time :dunce:

Edit : Wow, did not realise these times would bring me in such close battle with Shawn and Majed, I think I have a decent last sector, but you never know ;) I probably submit with these splits....

Great Splits 👍

Frank Says " Wow, did not realise these times would bring me in such close battle with Shawn and Majed, I think I have a decent last sector, but you never know ;) I probably submit with these splits..."
Well done Frank! 👍

Very nice splits Frank. I can see I have some work to do now.:sly:

Very nice splits Frank. I can see I have some work to do now.:sly:

Thank you. There was no doubt, you wouldn't 👍 good luck, I am sure you will be able to catch up or even better... I might give it another run on monday.

I tried for 30 minutes earlier to improve on my lap time. The closest I ever got was being up by .014 in T1 in terms of clean laps. Had another one that was looking promising but I cut Casio just a bit and backed off so I didn't risk besting my current lap with something that was dirty.

Nice splits. You got me there. My T3 sucks on this lap. And when i say sucks, i mean really really sucks :ouch: Believe the T3 in my first lap was faster :lol:

Haven't bin able to run his of a couple of days now. Had a wedding yesterday and have a major hangover today

Hope i can improve my T3 with some good first 2 sectors. Otherwise a good T3 will not help me at all

Well, I think these may be my final splits. But if I see you getting way ahead i can work on it :mischievous:

Two days of not running this Combo brought me back to square one, doing laptimes as it was my first go at the Combo. :banghead:

1hr later I'm back up to speed.

Last edited:
Well, I think these may be my final splits. But if I see you getting way ahead i can work on it :mischievous:

Well if i look to the board a see a gap of only .1xx. On a the total time of T1 & 2 of 1:49, i don't call that "gettig way ahead" and that .1xx can easily blown away by me in T3. And believe me i blew alot more then .1xx

Well if i look to the board a see a gap of only .1xx. On a the total time of T1 & 2 of 1:49, i don't call that "gettig way ahead" and that .1xx can easily blown away by me in T3. And believe me i blew alot more then .1xx

I call that "getting way ahead" if you give the combo one more try and manage better splits. But with a T3 consisting of 2 turns and being less than 30 seconds(I don't know about yours :lol:) , if you are ahead .2xx after T2, you have very high chances you'll be ahead in the final.

I keep forgetting to run this for some reason. :dunce: Will give it one more go after my karting league this afternoon and then I'll submit.

I won't respond, I'm too afraid of my basic english grammar and I don't want any confusion with these guys.

No problem. I just thought if they heard it from more than one person, then they would see just how strict these events are ran, plus the honesty of the members that run them. I know nothing is fool-proof, but I have the utmost confidence in the staff the regulates and oversees these events plus I comepletely trust the WRS community that run in these events. The WRS has become a big part of my otherwise empty life, and I couldn't be more proud to be a member. :gtpflag:

wow... feels like a completely different car today, cant keep it on the track... at first I realised I hadn't changed my BB today... but that didn't solve it... I then double checked I had the right tyres fitted... im 3seconds slower than yesterday :(

wow... feels like a completely different car today, cant keep it on the track... at first I realised I hadn't changed my BB today... but that didn't solve it... I then double checked I had the right tyres fitted... im 3seconds slower than yesterday :(

Had the same feeling when I tried it on friday vs thursday, for me though I was on fire on thursday in the first corner and mostly through sector 1 and a bit of 2 on friday I cant get a rhythm in sector 1 and 2 but on fire in sector 3, Suzuka is amazingly tough sector 1 is like a whole lap in other tracks hopefully ill get lucky and put it all together

yeah yesterday was my first attempt done about 30 laps in total... and had about .3 still on the board... but decided to have a break and try again today.. bad mistake

note to self.. when your in the zone.. just keep going! :D

Yeah, I think everyone here knows that feeling.

When in the zone, make the most out of it. When not, quit and try again at some other time. :)

oh yeah, I got a bone to pick with you speedy.. you've overtaken me in D2S rankings for this TT :grumpy:

its mighty close at the top though gj 👍

by looking at the times its clear im losing time in t2.. but t2 is effectively 2 corners.. the hairpin + spoon... im 95% sure ive maximised the hairpin so that leaves spoon.. and I cant for the life of me find a quicker way through it.

im sure theres about .2 in turn 1, and a couple tenths through the esses, its just a case of getting back on track and getting some consistent times

well after a few cups of coffee and some time watching big bang theory I managed to get back into it, ever so slightly better splits but .3 at the line

Back