GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 119 : Taking Your Girl for a Scenic Drive

• Thread starter EDK
  • 163 comments
First go at this using mj's tune. Not broken in yet.

Another fun combo. Hope I get more time on it.

I managed to find the time for an early start this week. Hopefully I can find some more free time during the week.

I might have to go back and chase a slower ghost though! This one seems to be haunting me all the way round!

Still not happy with the tune but its a start. Love this track, gonna be a fun week.

Got mj's tune on now and I quite like it. :D Need to figure out that whole uphill section between the ring and the hairpin but if I go by my red lap I have another 3+ left to put together.

Autumn Ring is one of my favourite tracks, good combo! From what I remember, DS3 users should be ok with this one, I just missed out on the win around here back in Week 32.

First 5 laps using Kevin's tune:

I don't hope for a Div podium this week, you guys know i'm really bad on tuned combos :indiff:

10 laps with a new car and most of Kevin's setup :)

I seem to be getting slower. The only answer is new kit, lots of it.

Edit

So much understeer.....

Last edited:
I have changed my BB to 7/5 and improved my lap time quite a lot.

my splits:

Look what came in the mail today ;)

bhadkj.jpg

I'll wait until next week to get back into the wrs. Got an extremely busy week.

Awww I'm so jealous right now :)
Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks. I had one before and it had some issues, took almost 2 weeks to get a new one back to me

It's weird though. It calibrates way different than the last wheel did, the FF feels smoother and the brake peddle feels like it has a progressive spring in it. Maybe they upgraded it or I had a shotty wheel to begin with

Look what came in the mail today ;)

bhadkj.jpg

I'll wait until next week to get back into the wrs. Got an extremely busy week.

Cool, you got fishing poles. :lol: Just joking of course. Your box looks different than mine did. Maybe they did upgrade it...who knows. Anyway, happy to have you back friend. I just haven't been the same since you left. :sly: Now come here big boy and let me give you a bog ol' hug, I missed you man. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cool, you got fishing poles. :lol: Just joking of course. Your box looks different than mine did. Maybe they did upgrade it...who knows. Anyway, happy to have you back friend. I just haven't been the same since you left. :sly: Now come here big boy and let me give you a bog ol' hug, I missed you man. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: whoa now! Haha it's a relief to get it back. I went through withdraws!! Yea those are my 'baitfish' fishing poles. I use those to catch small fish to put on my bigger poles to catch catfish with. One thing I love more than racin, is fishing. Matter of fact, that's what I'm gonna be busy doing lol better bring your a game next week Mitch cause I will be! ;)

:lol: whoa now! Haha it's a relief to get it back. I went through withdraws!! Yea those are my 'baitfish' fishing poles. I use those to catch small fish to put on my bigger poles to catch catfish with. One thing I love more than racin, is fishing. Matter of fact, that's what I'm gonna be busy doing lol better bring your a game next week Mitch cause I will be! ;)

OMG, you are now my new man crush. :lol: Thats exactly what I do. I go out in the morning and catch 2 or 3 carp and then filet them up into strips and use them to go catfishing at night. I love night fishing for big ol' cats. The biggest I caught was a 27 pounder out of the Detroit River near the opening of Lake Erie. Talk about a fight. Full moon too as thats when I've had some of my best fishing. Sorry about going off-topic, but you just got me all excited when you mentioned you were a cat fisherman.

Not sure if i'll have enought time this week, but i had 2 short sessions so far, fun combo! never driven that track in GT5 (in reverse) :scared: its better than i thought, but the last split will require some time to get it right.

edit: Welcome back Daniel :)

Not sure if i'll have enought time this week, but i had 2 short sessions so far, fun combo! never driven that track in GT5 (in reverse) :scared: its better than i thought, but the last split will require some time to get it right.

edit: Welcome back Daniel :)

Do you have any advice on how to go about learning a new track, besides the obvious just doing laps. I mean, is there a particular way to go about doing it? How do you go about learning a new track, and not develope any bad habits for that track from the beginning.

Thought I should step up w/ this one :)

T1: 18.610
T2: 31.937

Nice setup Kevin 👍

T1: 18.621
T2: 31.637

Finally :)

picture.php

Last edited:
I catch fish all the time. Though, admittedly, they are orange and come from a box. :lol:

Not yet had an improvement in my time but the adrenaline from the Hawks win tonight is slowly subsiding so maybe I can concentrate now. :D

I catch fish all the time. Though, admittedly, they are orange and come from a box. :lol:

Not yet had an improvement in my time but the adrenaline from the Hawks win tonight is slowly subsiding so maybe I can concentrate now. :D

You do know what you can do with your :censored:cago Blackhawks, right? :lol: In case you haven't noticed, I live in Detroit and am a very devoted RedWings fan. 👍 Besides the Tigers, they are the only hometown team I route for. Besides that, I despise any :censored:cago team. :yuck:

Just a little friendly trash talk for you from a Detroit guy. 👍

You do know what you can do with your :censored:cago Blackhawks, right? :lol: In case you haven't noticed, I live in Detroit and am a very devoted RedWings fan. 👍 Besides the Tigers, they are the only hometown team I route for. Besides that, I despise any :censored:cago team. :yuck:

Just a little friendly trash talk for you from a Detroit guy. 👍
Them catfish have to come outta the cool water else they ain't no good. So outta the box isn't such a bad idea! Well, maybe I should just stick to racing on the page? 💡

Slower T1 and T2 but apparently a blazing T3 (for me anyway) , knocked off nearly 6 tenths from the lap. I'm happy with my T1s would like to shave 5 or so off of T2 though.

Why are the European's soo much faster, and the Japanese for that matter, is it their version of GT? Pardon me for such a lame question! :dunce:

Back