GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 119 : Taking Your Girl for a Scenic Drive

• Thread starter EDK
  • 163 comments

Slight improvement, Baron your tune is awesome, but had to tame it a bit requires nerves of steel.

This is getting exciting :D.

N1. 👍

I had a .209, .252 but blew the last corner. So I'm sticking with my *safer* start but quick s3.

see how it shakes out at the checker. :scared:

p.s.
Here's what I did to put some stability into Baron's setup. (no idea how you can make the backward ARB work out, physics says the softer end of the car should have the stiffer ARB, unless your using that understeer to fight the oversteer from the rear toe?)

wrs119tune.jpg

Last edited:
All this toe talk reminds me of the big lebowski....

I might have to give up on this, cos Spa is my favourite track.....Ill submit a time if its clean when I check it ;)

Gl all

Around 0.2s at the line.

Good to see you around again Daniel 👍.

N1. 👍

I had a .209, .252 but blew the last corner. So I'm sticking with my *safer* start but quick s3.

p.s.
Here's what I did to put some stability into Baron's setup. (no idea how you can make the backward ARB work out, physics says the softer end of the car should have the stiffer ARB, unless your using that understeer to fight the oversteer from the rear toe?)

I know what you mean. Had a time to put me on top of the leaderboard, but binned it exiting the last chicane 👎.

My ARB's are setup like yours too (2/6), with a lesser extreme toe and more rear camber. Means I can step on the gas with my lead foot without worrying about spinning out.

Great tune Cats_PJs 👍

Time sent with these splits:

I've used this setup, it's Cats_PJs's setup with some tweaks and other gearbox:

Code:
CAR DATA
========

Maker ............... : NISSAN
Model ............... : Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) RM '02
Performance Points .. : 522
Track ............... : Autumn Ring / Reverse

LIST OF INSTALLED PARTS
=======================
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Suspension Fully Customisable Kit

OTHERS
======
Car full break in, oil change

SETTINGS
========

Power (BHP) ......... : 330
Torque (kgfm) ....... : 35.8
Weight (Kg) ......... : 1000
Tyres ............... : Racing Hard / Racing Hard

Ride Height (mm) .... : -25/+10
Spring Rate ......... : 14.5/3.0        
Dampers (extension) . : 9/6              
Dampers (compression) : 6/1
Anti Roll Bars ...... : 7/7            
Camber Angle (-) .... : 1.5/0.7           
Toe Angle ........... : +0.30/-0.30
LSD ................. : 8/30/10
Downforce ........... : 20/50
Brake Balance ....... : 1/3
Ballast Amount ...... : 0
Ballast Position .... : 0
Power Level ......... : 100%

TRANSMISSION
============

1st .... : ---- 4360
2nd .... : ---- 3300
3rd .... : ---- 2731
4th .... : ---- 2285
5th .... : ---- 1945
6th .... : ---- 1673
7th .... : ---- 
Final .. : ---- 2500 (origin 3400)
Max Speed: 180 km/h

AIDS
====
Active Steering ..... : OFF
Traction Control .... : OFF
ABS ................. : 1

Hard to believe... I just tried Dr Watson's modified Baron setup (with Kevin's gears), and it took me only a few laps to take another 0.4s off my lap!

My ARB's are setup like yours too (2/6), with a lesser extreme toe and more rear camber. Means I can step on the gas with my lead foot without worrying about spinning out.

yeah, I'll certainly turn down the toe for the online race when there's wear in the mix. I got to like the slide in the rear end though for the loop and the last turn. Could go full-open in 3rd way earlier than normal and just keep letting out a bit more steering angle whenever it started to crab sideways. Feels creepy but was the only way I could get anywhere near those s2 times on the board. + I picked up .2 in s3 just due to the jump out of the last corner it gets if I can keep the rear on the edge of grip.

First splits posted, took me a while to get my sector 2 times in the 31.xx range. Not much time this week, but do have more time tonight, hopefully knock a few tenths off this. The going wide advice in the looping turn in T2 helped, I kept trying to keep the turn tight, and you just can not get on the gas quick enough.

First splits posted, took me a while to get my sector 2 times in the 31.xx range. Not much time this week, but do have more time tonight, hopefully knock a few tenths off this. The going wide advice in the looping turn in T2 helped, I kept trying to keep the turn tight, and you just can not get on the gas quick enough.

Yeah, it's definitely faster than holding the inside, but hard to get used to. And in order to make it faster you need to fully exploit the entrance.

Most consistent approach I got was to cut in and brake after the kerb on the left is over. Then brake in as straight a line as possible across the first half of the corner. Then the hard part is to tell your brain to have faith in the car and make sure to lift earlier than you think you should and coast for the turn-in while the tires scrub speed. It's very easy to over-brake and burn most of the advantage. Then just power out using the WOT slide of the rear end to keep it on the road at exit. I never really found a good reference point for throttle on, pretty much just started to feed it whenever the nose felt tucked in enough to get down to clip a late-apex.

Amazing times there Ramon, I was kind of hoping you forgot about this one.;)

Glad some people found the tune useful. I didn't get anymore time on this one, so I submitted with the times on the board. My t3 is good but not great, it'll be fun to see the results tomorrow. Good luck all.

N1. 👍

p.s.

wrs119tune.jpg

How did you get your trans numbers. Can't seem to match them. Do you have stock wheels or did you purchase after market ones. Thanks.

I had one last try at this weeks combo. Cats PJ's/eclipse's tune. Very nice once I got used to it. Thanks guys

Al

I ended up staying with Kevin's tune. Leaving a little out there, but cant put it together.:grumpy:
Wont get another chance for this one, so submitting with these splits.

Good luck everyone.

My car has 330 hp and 1000 kg of weight, full downforce but can't go up to 522 pp. it's 520 pp. is this supposed to be like this?

Last edited:
My car has 330 hp and 1000 kg of weight, full downforce but can't go up to 522 pp. it's 520 pp. is this supposed to be like this?

Did you set maximum downforce ? And are you sure you do not need a new oil change incase your car is fully broken in ?

GTP_CargoRat
How did you get your trans numbers. Can't seem to match them. Do you have stock wheels or did you purchase after market ones. Thanks.

Set default
Put the final somewhere near 3.1 (IIRC)
Drop the top speed slider to minimum
Move the final to 2.5
Should give you the same ranges, set the gears individually.

Eeek, looks like im gonna have to have another last minute session on this one, quite abit of time to find

Submitting with current splits, left about 2 tenths put there but will be hard to find. Good luck to all last minute efforts

Did you set maximum downforce ? And are you sure you do not need a new oil change incase your car is fully broken in ?

I did the extra oil change, and now it's at 522 pp.. but has 335 hp! should I just abandon this car cause I've no idea what is going on.

EDIT: never mind, the car just took loads of time to fully break in.
thanks for the help!

Last edited:
I did the extra oil change, and now it's at 522 pp.. but has 335 hp! should I just abandon this car cause I've no idea what is going on.

EDIT: never mind, the car just took loads of time to fully break in.
thanks for the help!

Or do you use pk.
330bhp is 334,57 pk

Back