GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 15 : Running Full Stop in Reverse - FIRST POST UPDATED

• Thread starter EDK
  • 711 comments
T1 23.303
T2 30.429

Getting the hang of T1, but T2 is tricky.

New Splits

T1 22.855
T2 28.869

Can still see more time in the final sector, messed up the double right hander :grumpy:

Remember, the turbo kit and supercharger aren't allowed this week.

Jerome

Carlos, thanks for the tip...I had no idea of this situation. Shouldn't everyone be awared?

That's why I posted the link, so that people didn't invest a chunk of time going in the wrong direction. Thank Chris though, they're his findings 👍

I'll post my set-up later if anyone's interested. It still needs work but it's quite driveable I think (backed up by the fact I'm not last and have only ever done 8 laps on this track :sly:)

EDIT: Nice to see you back Plato, and on such ridiculously good form!

That's why I posted the link, so that people didn't invest a chunk of time going in the wrong direction. Thank Chris though, they're his findings 👍

I'll post my set-up later if anyone's interested. It still needs work but it's quite driveable I think (backed up by the fact I'm not last and have only ever done 8 laps on this track :sly:)

Thanks,

It is a pretty good lap up until the double right hander lost a couple of tenths there. Glad to be back and hot lapping again 👍

Now share us some secrets on getting round T2 that fast :P.

Your settings :P , I know you guys have done a fair bit of work tunning ff cars, any chance you can shed some light? Jerome DF Reverse stands for deep forest reverse not downforce reverse ;).

Here I was checking back for some sweet advice... :ill:

:D

For the first turn I am putting my left tyres on the rumble strip as it seems to help for the exit ( doing this makes the car feel like it's on rails ) taking this in 4th gear.

The last corner I am using 3rd gear and hugging the apex crossing the line at 118mph.

Hope this helps 👍

For the first turn I am putting my left tyres on the rumble strip as it seems to help for the exit ( doing this makes the car feel like it's on rails ) taking this in 4th gear.

The last corner I am using 3rd gear and hugging the apex crossing the line at 118mph.

Hope this helps 👍
Cheers mate, will try and work this out tomorrow :cheers:

Your settings :P , I know you guys have done a fair bit of work tunning ff cars, any chance you can shed some light? Jerome DF Reverse stands for deep forest reverse not downforce reverse ;).

I hate to give this away as I wanted to do well this week :grumpy:

This is for everybody, make your car fully stiff.

Now watch me slide down the boards :sly:

Went home for lunch got these after 10 laps...no tunning yet ;)

Last edited:
I hate to give this away as I wanted to do well this week :grumpy:

This is for everybody, make your car fully stiff.

Now watch me slide down the boards :sly:

This should answer the question about me using a turbo :sly:

This tune courtesy of Spud_Skills

I know it's not mandatory but with the help I have had it only seems fair

Thanks guys 👍

Something went wrong with quoting that post, sorry

Ok here are my settings

ride height: 45F -20R
springs: 15.5F 2.1
extension: 10 1
compression: 10 1
anti roll: 7 1
camber 1.7 0
toe: 0 0

LSD 5/30/5

Still messing with gears, post them up when happy

Zoky, please don't see these settings :sly:

Hope this helps you all 👍

Sorry for double post, but surely there won't be any complaints :sly:

That thread has gone on some bizarre tangent about aero/top speed. I have no idea about the deep technicals, just VERY basic understanding. I appreciate the posted settings by Small_Frys and Plato so far, but would like to understand WHY, or more HOW do we get to these settings from the standard settings. Is there a sequence to use first, like ride height first, then springs, etc? Or doesn't really matter?

Plato, I think Zoky can drive with 4 flat tyres and still be faster than most of us. Also don't worry about him seeing your tune, I pinched one (not sure if it's Zoky's tune) from over gtsurgeons for the current TT13 which first go knocked off 0.5 off my time. :) It turned from a bus to a not bad handling car. Now only if I could know WHY it turns so well now :dunce:
Great to see you back BTW, expecting some D1 brilliance from you up above 👍

Jon, perhaps I have to bring my car to "Fandango Performance" for some tuning advice :lol:

The car can go at least half a second faster as Dantastic that helped tune it went that much faster than me, but I know I can beat my time with a better final sector.

Good luck people 👍

picture.php

It was a re-Leaf to see I didn't go to wide here​

This is a great picture Phil.

With my own tune... (I'll try Plato's shortly - thanks for that 👍)

With my own tune... (I'll try Plato's shortly - thanks for that 👍)

No problem

I tried small fryz tune, but this is ridiculously faster imo.

Will have another go when I get beat, which will probably be tomorrow :sly:

Not my tune it's Mau5_Skills and Spud_Skills you need to thank for this one

but would like to understand WHY, or more HOW do we get to these settings from the standard settings. Is there a sequence to use first, like ride height first, then springs, etc? Or doesn't really matter?
So would I :lol:, I only know from testing, experimentation and the fact I have been "around the traps" and picked up some tips. GT5's tunning is based on NO logic or reasoning available.

I know it's not mandatory but with the help I have had it only seems fair

Thanks guys 👍

Something went wrong with quoting that post, sorry

Ok here are my settings

ride height: 45F -20R
springs: 15.5F 2.1
extension: 10 1
compression: 10 1
anti roll: 7 1
camber 1.7 0
toe: 0 0

LSD 5/30/5

Still messing with gears, post them up when happy

Zoky, please don't see these settings :sly:

Hope this helps you all 👍

Sorry for double post, but surely there won't be any complaints :sly:

Thank you very much 👍 :cheers:
I will try to chase you down tonight when I'm back home from work, It seems I was on the way to getting your settings as I had just figured out the stiff front / soft rear approach before bed last night, just not to the extreme you have!

Last edited:
So would I :lol:, I only know from testing, experimentation and the fact I have been "around the traps" and picked up some tips. GT5's tunning is based on NO logic or reasoning available.

Thank you very much 👍 :cheers:
I will try to chase you down tonight when I'm back home from work, It seems I was on the way to getting your settings as I had just figured out the stiff front / soft rear approach before bed last night, just not to the extreme you have!

Good luck, just don't make it to hard for me to catch you tomorrow, I know there is at least half a second left in this lap, mainly the final sector

Good luck, just don't make it to hard for me to catch you tomorrow, I know there is at least half a second left in this lap, mainly the final sector

:lol:

I cant make any promises! but first I need to catch you! :sly:

BTW call me Dion 👍

Holy Lift-off oversteer Batman... :crazy: I wouldn't have thought it possible. If anything, too much oversteer and I've had to beef the back end up a bit more.

LSD 5/20/5

45/-20
15.1/4.3
7/3
7/3
7/2

1.8/0.7
0/0

Brakes: 4/7

Gears:
Max 155 mph
4th 1412
5th 1151

T1: 23.160
T2: 29.169

Made a complete mess of turn 1 and fish tailed up the hill a bit, so definitely more time there. Maybe another 0.2 in T2.

Good base setup Plato, cheers. Makes the car alot more friendly.

Holy Lift-off oversteer Batman... :crazy: I wouldn't have thought it possible. If anything, too much oversteer and I've had to beef the back end up a bit more.

LSD 5/20/5

45/-20
15.1/4.3
7/3
7/3
7/2

1.8/0.7
0/0

Brakes: 4/7

Gears:
Max 155 mph
4th 1412
5th 1151

T1: 23.160
T2: 29.169

Made a complete mess of turn 1 and fish tailed up the hill a bit, so definitely more time there. Maybe another 0.2 in T2.

Good base setup Plato, cheers. Makes the car alot more friendly.

No problem,

Like I said, I have had enough help from you guys, so it only seems right to return the favour 👍

Jon, perhaps I have to bring my car to "Fandango Performance" for some tuning advice :lol:

:lol: Have you seen the leaderboard????? My problem is I keep trying to apply real world logic to a game :dunce: The team skills set-up that Plato is using is each end of the car at opposite ends of the spectrum - I'll try it later and fully expect to it to be quicker than where I've ended up after 8 laps of fiddling...

Brakes are ABS at 8 and BB at 3/10. Gear ratios are standard at the moment. The car comes with a non-adjustable LSD but I wanted to lower the decel value so bought the LSD and have it set at 5/20/5. Full downforce at the front and I'm not sure what I have for rear df, maybe 8 or 10?

Incidentally, I noticed that the default set-up for this car had the spring rates at 6.4/3.5 or thereabouts, so it seems that PD recognise their own failings 💡

EDIT: that's very interesting. Chris has ended up with very similar settings to me othet than the ride height. Will play with that later.

Last edited:
Back