GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 21 : Mini Me

• Thread starter EDK
  • 223 comments
Run 2 (singular) laps this evening which would have put me 7th on splits, but combined it with rubbish laps which would have put me 107th and ruined it all.

Annoying!

This combo is brilliant though - multi-lappers get my vote :)

New splits:
T1: 14.806
T2: 17.029
T3: 10.109

EDIT:
T1: 14.787
T2: 17.047
T3: 10.096

Thanks to Philip and Cico.👍

Last edited:
I go pretty wide there and keep a minimum speed of about 100 km/h through the long first turn in T2. The key is to go inside - outside - inside. I don't think that's the most important turn in T2 as the next turn in T2 is the most challenging I think. You can drift through it, you can take it smooth. The key is to keep the speed up and let of the gas as late as possible.

Thanks... I'll check and make sure I'm maintaining a similar speed through that section. I can always make that section with inside/outside/inside but notice sometimes I come out of it with extra speed and it's usually after a bit slower T1 and closely "drafting" my ghost so my T1/T2 see saw.

I agree about the next turn being the key though. Are you saying you don't brake and just lift? I've been doing a quick brake/downshift right on that corner... probably because I left the driving line on and that influenced my approach as it indicates a braking zone there. Gotta lose that last driving-aid crutch as I think it cost me in a couple spots on Suzuka.

This combo is brilliant though - multi-lappers get my vote :)

Agreed, I find myself running 20-25 laps just experimenting and having a blast. Even if you push the car too hard (and get a bad lap) you don't end up having to restart as the laps are short and you can just move on and stay in the flow. I think I would enjoy a mini-me-endurance race with this combo. Of course once you find something and try to implement it in an official 3-lapper the pressure builds a bit. :scared:

T1: 14.787
T2: 17.047
T3: 10.096

Sweet time Wes - you seem to like the multi-lap events, I seem to recall you did rather well in the Golf GTI a while back on a 2-lapper 👍:drool::)

Not so quite happy when I look at the leaderboard, seems like T1 is killing my lap badly :scared:

I know that feeling - haven't had a chance to run for the last two nights, but will rectify that tonight :D

T1: 15.294
T2: 17.575
T3: 10.348

I was able to get three laps in sequence without the short in the G27 negating my brakes. :grumpy:

But, I may have to call one of them "electricians on the side" type dudes to find the problem. :sly:

Thanks, Logitech, for all your not-so-helpful support.

New splits
Have been running 14.8 T1's but haven't been able to do it 3 laps in row.
Good fun 👍

T1: 15.294
T2: 17.575
T3: 10.348

I was able to get three laps in sequence without the short in the G27 negating my brakes. :grumpy:

But, I may have to call one of them "electricians on the side" type dudes to find the problem. :sly:

Thanks, Logitech, for all your not-so-helpful support.

not sure if it would cure your problems, but I had problems a few weeks ago where the brake would act like I was slightly pressing down on it when I wasn't. so I took the pedals apart, sprayed some tuner cleaner in the pots and put them back together. works like new now. just a thought.

not sure if it would cure your problems, but I had problems a few weeks ago where the brake would act like I was slightly pressing down on it when I wasn't. so I took the pedals apart, sprayed some tuner cleaner in the pots and put them back together. works like new now. just a thought.

Yeah, I tried that to no avail. I really believe it is a very small "short" that was caused by my cat making a small incision with her teeth. I just have not been able to find it as yet. :grumpy:

I had problems a few weeks ago where the brake would act like I was slightly pressing down on it when it wasn't.

That also might have been your fellow D3 drivers using "the force" to try and slow you down a little.

Yeah, I tried that to no avail. I really believe it is a very small "short" that was caused by my cat making a small incision with her teeth. I just have not been able to find it as yet. :grumpy:

not telling you what to do, but if it were me I'd cut the wire at each end, go down to radio shack and buy the same size wire, then solder it back and that should take care of your short.. I'm that "fix it" guy though, and I'm always willing to try to fix something before having to replace it.

Minor improvements:

T1: 15.018
T2: 17.378
T3: 10.183

Update -- final entry tonight:

T1: 14.988
T2: 17.378
T3: 10.157

Quiet around here tonight.... Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Not missing anything that I know of...and yes, it seems strangely quiet.

Looks like you and I were running within inches:

Other 2 laps are just OK, I'd really like to have all 3 be within a tenth of each other.

Still stuck on DS3 for now, can't wait to try this one with the wheel!

First splits

Seems simple but time gain can be found everywhere ...

not telling you what to do, but if it were me I'd cut the wire at each end, go down to radio shack and buy the same size wire, then solder it back and that should take care of your short.. I'm that "fix it" guy though, and I'm always willing to try to fix something before having to replace it.

I was able to find the short in the pedal to wheel wire and fixed that, but your idea is my plan for tomorrow if I can't find the shift to wheel short causing the brakes to quit go out.

Thanks. And yes, I tend to be a "fix it" guy as well. :sly.

@Noshog....👍

Appreciate you guys helping out.

Back to the combo; yesterday, I was able to run three more laps after about ten tries, but I need to check it sometime today to make sure no data logger spikes occurred. :nervous:

T1: 14.899
T2: 17.572
T3. 10.202
New splits for tonight.
Just trying to tie together 3 in a row now!
Cheers All !!!

Thats some mighty impressive times Adam, getting used to the wheel now I take it 👍

Dan, like jbrinkley said it could be the pot shorting, however I have also had the same issue from the plastic gears not completely returning to their home position due to the old grease logitech put on those cogs. I completely pulled apart everything , pedals , wheels, motors etc and put some new grease on all the cogs. Most likely because I have them exposed to the air/dust from reverse mounting them in the cockpit and not being protected in the plastic case. Just a thought.

First splits for this one, just need to clean up laps 2 + 3 now.
TCS Off , AS Off , ABS 1 , BB 8/1

Dan, like jbrinkley said it could be the pot shorting, however I have also had the same issue from the plastic gears not completely returning to their home position due to the old grease logitech put on those cogs. I completely pulled apart everything , pedals , wheels, motors etc and put some new grease on all the cogs. Most likely because I have them exposed to the air/dust from reverse mounting them in the cockpit and not being protected in the plastic case. Just a thought.

Thanks, but I don't have the "fix it" expertise as you. 👍
The wife said I should just buy a new wheel and stop being so frustrated!:drool:
💡 new G27? Fanatec? T500 RS? :sly:

Hi Peter - nice to see you back around these parts 👍

New splits from me

Have run a 42.195 but the other two laps were attrocious. I'm very happy with the consistency of the run with the posted splits however :)

:cheers:

Not really satisfied with 1 of those 3 laps.

Thanks US 👍

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

42.23x
42.13x
CRASH

🤬

EDIT: OK, this is more like it...

First two laps are great but the third is poor, but overall an improvement. Off to find some consistency!

Last edited:
New splits:
T1: 14.784
T2: 17.075
T3: 10.047

Still way too inconsistent with my laps.:ouch:

EDIT:
T1: 14.791
T2: 17.068
T3: 10.079

The consistency I was looking for.

Last edited:

Blew at least a tenth on the final corner of lap 3 by being a spanner

Looks like you and I were running within inches

Grrr... Now i have to go out and find another 0.10 at least... I haven't even seen a 42.4 in a single purple lap so I've got some searching to do to make that happen over 3 laps.

first splits...wish I had found out how much fun this was earlier in the week!! This is BANANAS.

T1: 15.353
T2: 17.465
T3: 10.333

Grrr... Now i have to go out and find another 0.10 at least... I haven't even seen a 42.4 in a single purple lap so I've got some searching to do to make that happen over 3 laps.
Hope you don't mind me joining the party :P
Jbrinkley is a bit far off, but I'll be getting another run before the F1 is on tv.

Back