GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 29 : Rally de Madrid

• Thread starter EDK
  • 250 comments

Good splits Mike.👍

I did about 50 more laps and couldn't best you. Some of guys are saying the DS3 is faster here than a wheel, but I can't drive worth a damn with those things. I think I'm done for the week, tired of bouncing off the rails in the double left.:scared:

Looking forward to next week as usual.:)

I have actually enjoyed my runs a lot this week, even though I've spun and hit the walls a lot.:)

Some more laps and a big improvement. Still don´t understand how to do .3x on T1 but don´t know if i will get much better than this.

T1: 18.459
T2: 21.989

Nice T2! Things are getting really close in D2 :D

I tried a few more runs and can match my own T2 within thousands of a second on occasion. Getting a below .4 in T1 proves to be much and much harder though. I may give it another go later on, but I am afraid I have reached my limit.

Good splits Mike.👍

I did about 50 more laps and couldn't best you. Some of guys are saying the DS3 is faster here than a wheel, but I can't drive worth a damn with those things. I think I'm done for the week, tired of bouncing off the rails in the double left.:scared:

Looking forward to next week as usual.:)

:)
I think that's about as fast as I'll get, I'll give it another go tonight and see what happens. We're pretty close, no doubt my T3 will let me down again.

Got some new splits, lost a bit of time in the last sector though which is a bit of a bummer, got another tenth or so in me I think if I hook everything up. 👍

T1: 18.294
T2: 21.963

Finally managed to do a clean lap without big mistakes.
T1: 18.523
T2: 22.300

If only I could say the same!

I had a 18.7 in the first sector but made a mess of T2 and the lap was ruined.

I can't seem to put 3 sectors together without hitting the walls at some points. :crazy: My best lap was with a 19.0 in T1 so there still an improvement to be had.

slipery stuff alright ,done 30 laps my best so far
1/18.863
2/22.434

major improvements needed in sector 2 ,
sector 1 should shave 2/3 tenths if i get it right (keep hitting inside barrier)
as this is my first event its in at the deep end for me as i dont like a loose car :yuck::yuck:

Small improvement:-

I'll probably have one final run before the deadline but I'm very close to my limit.:)

After many laps and my PS3 freezing twice, I managed to get a good (for me) 1st and 2nd sector in the same lap.

Wow, nice job all of you doing T2 in 22.1xx or less. :bowdown:

Denur stated that his 22.0 had no oversteer in the double left, so I'll assume little to no sliding is best. 👍 Hoping for a few more sessions with this addictive combo. :cheers:

EDIT: Just remembered Monday is Labor Day, so might have a chance to run this one up to the time limit.

Last edited:
Wow, nice job all of you doing T2 in 22.1xx or less. :bowdown:

Denur stated that his 22.0 had no oversteer in the double left, so I'll assume little to no sliding is best. 👍 Hoping for a few more sessions with this addictive combo. :cheers:

Yes, no sliding is the best, although my lap has a slight twitch through there.:)

Fantastic job by you D2 guys this week, you seem to have scared off some of the D1 regulars from entering this week :lol:

New splits

T1 18.276
T2 22.093

A solid T1 and T3 and messed up T2 :banghead:

Had to let off the gas on the exit of T2 to avoid the wall :grumpy:

Hoping to beat this tomorrow as I seem to have found the right line through T2 again that was eluding me, it just couldn't happen on this lap :crazy:

Last edited:
New Splits.

T1: 18.298 👍 👍
T2: 22.441 👎

Not much of a move on the splits board, but a nice jump in T3 and when I saw that T1 split I just really wanted to bank the lap... how often am I going to be faster than DHolland through T1 on the board? :sly:

Now if I can just get T2 in line tomorrow night I can be done with this wall banger.

First post here in 9 hours... hello is anybody out there?

Last edited:
First post here in 9 hours... hello is anybody out there?

:lol: Nice T1 you have there, are there going to be any late entrants this week, seems strange that some of the regular D1 guys haven't posted any splits, maybe we will see some more of the regulars before the deadline. This combo is good fun, surprised they haven't joined in.

Yanaran, Vagabond, w-g-e and CSLACR.... where you guys hiding, don't let D2 bully you into submission, even though they have set some cracking times this week :sly:

Last edited:
New splits

T1 18.378 :ouch:
T2 21.952

Happy with T2 and T3, but if only I had my previous T1 to go with this, then I would be submitting :ouch:

Ran a bit wide in turn 1 which has cost me .1 on my previous posted T1, so know there is another tenth for me. Getting it is another thing though

Last edited:
T1: 18.533
T2: 22.257

Small improvement in T2, T1 and T3 a bit slower. A few times I got a 18.4 in T1 but the other sectors were slower. I think I almost reached my limit.

Are there any kind souls out there that will be running this combo online this evening at about 10ish (GMT) to help out a useless muppet that can't get below 19's on T1??!!!
Had a half hour stint last night but still really struggling, only just beat my OT from my first 3 lap session only to find I had wall contact to red flag the lap!!

Jim, can't help with the online, but:

Are you crossing the start/finish at or above 95mph?
Are you using the driving line? Its suggestion for the braking point for turn 1 is right on.
Are you using 7/5 brake balance and 50/50 torque split?
I assume you're downshifting to 2nd as you're braking for turn 1?
EDIT: Are you using manual trans, to shift at 7000? <---Good point Im_Lukas, down below.

The couple 18.3xx's I've seen, I was nice and tight around turn 1. Takes quite a few runs to master turn 1, I'm actually finding it harder than the double left, at this point.

Last edited:
Jim, can't help with the online, but:

Are you crossing the start/finish at or above 95mph?
Are you using the driving line? Its suggestion for the braking point for turn 1 is right on.
Are you using 7/5 brake balance and 50/50 torque split?
I assume you're downshifting to 2nd as you're braking for turn 1?

The couple 18.3xx's I've seen, I was nice and tight around turn 1. Takes quite a few runs to master turn 1, I'm actually finding it harder than the double left, at this point.

have all the above apart from driving line on so will give that a shot tomorrow. I`m reasonably happy with T2 its just T1 I have to get to grips with..

Are there any kind souls out there that will be running this combo online this evening at about 10ish (GMT) to help out a useless muppet that can't get below 19's on T1??!!!
Had a half hour stint last night but still really struggling, only just beat my OT from my first 3 lap session only to find I had wall contact to red flag the lap!!

Online physics are so different not sure you could even run the same line online anyway. I haven't tried with this combo, but in past events when I've tried online it's impossible to hit the same time with the same tires... braking points are earlier and min turn speeds slower, etc. A shame really that PD did it that way, but I'm sure they had a reason.

What a busy week. Had first contact today with the trial and after 30-40 laps it's still a big ? for me :D
A simply track but the combo requires hours to be mastered :P

So far my ugly splits:
T1: 19.041
T2: 22.597

Online physics are so different not sure you could even run the same line online anyway. I haven't tried with this combo, but in past events when I've tried online it's impossible to hit the same time with the same tires... braking points are earlier and min turn speeds slower, etc. A shame really that PD did it that way, but I'm sure they had a reason.

It IS fun online, though.

I will be on about that time and happy to give out tips and advice for those that want it 👍

Here's my advice for T1,

You should be seeing 96MPH when crossing the line if you are taking the wide approach in the final corner, when approaching the first corner you want to be braking around about the brake marker just before the rumble strip, don't bang down through the gears, shift down smoothly to second gear keeping a tight line, if you go down through the gears to fast, you will struggle to get the car to stop. I think the speed you should be exiting the corner is about 30-31MPH.

Hopefully you understand what I am saying here, and good luck:tup::)

Back