GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 34 : British Invasion

• Thread starter EDK
  • 194 comments
Benz-27
T1-32.563
T2-27.754
T3-16.187

30 minute session. Still think I can find at least 3 tenths somewhere.

T1-32.566
T2-27.602
T3-16.041

Starting to find the sweet spots.

Faster T1 and T2, but slower T3:ouch:

T1 32.971
T2 28.037
T3 16.257

So frustrating! This is crazy, but here are my new splits:

T1: 32.336
T2: 27.382
T3: 16.151

As my first 2 splits weren't too special, I decided I'd try running high on the banking for T3 to see what sort of difference there was. This cost me about 0.15s, so bad 💡 I figured I wouldn't try that again! However, I then managed to nail the bus stop better than ever to run my best lap :crazy: I've since seen T3's more than 0.3s better than these splits (in the 1'15.5xx's), but it's never been enough to carry it through to the finish. :banghead:

Great last sector but only average really elsewhere.

Blown 1:16.5s on the chicane after being 1/4 second up, take the chicane at an average page and you'll be 1/4 second down by the end, if not more. Big old gains but you have to be brave and cut it close.

Last edited:
Why everytime i see a 32.2xx the next two turns are a nightmare :banghead:.

Somebody tweet Kaz to make an option to not show the timer :crazy::scared:

Why everytime i see a 32.2xx the next two turns are a nightmare :banghead:.

Somebody tweet Kaz to make an option to not show the timer :crazy::scared:

At the moment I'm glad to not drive clean off the track at turn 1....just starting to get the hang of it now after 30ish laps - Im still happy with 32.7 though!

Thanks for the work Joost 👍

I've submitted with the leaderboard times.

Thanks Joost 👍

Fantastic work :dopey:

There are a couple of times that are not right (DHolland, LeftyWright and Speedy but if they repost their times it would fix it.

Reposting to update the leaderboard

That doesn't work, as they we're the same splits as you posted before, i've manually fixed your splits. The problems quoting splits should be solved as well... hopefully :)

Hey Lefty, the Sauber C9 was for the combo a few weeks ago :P

After a while a way the David Coultard Seassonal event got me in the mood for some time trials. Still got time out there, its the same old getting all the good sectors together! Not had much time to drive but with the darker nights I hope that changes.

T1: 32.588
T2: 27.690
T3: 16.142

So frustrating! This is crazy, but here are my new splits:

As my first 2 splits weren't too special, I decided I'd try running high on the banking for T3 to see what sort of difference there was. This cost me about 0.15s, so bad 💡 I figured I wouldn't try that again! However, I then managed to nail the bus stop better than ever to run my best lap :crazy: I've since seen T3's more than 0.3s better than these splits (in the 1'15.5xx's), but it's never been enough to carry it through to the finish. :banghead:
And now you know to never ever try new things on a fast lap.:lol:

Don't worry, when you get the 1:15.5 to T3, you'll lose 2 tenths back in the bus stop.:)
Hopefully I'll get another run in tonight to tidy mine up a bit. GL all:cheers:

Last edited:
Here are some splits of a similar yet slightly slower lap to update the board

I think I'm probably going to have to drop out of this week... I've spent far too much time on the Seasonal TT #20 with the R390 @ Deep Forest and still chasing 2 or 3 tenths with that. My current lap on this isn't worth submitting since I took the bus-stop very cautiously. Shame since I love this car and track but I'm hard-wired into the R390 and don't want to re-programme my nervous system.

Good luck chaps :cheers: Well done on D1 Silver by the way Welsh_Don... going well on your first week. 👍

Edited

Last edited:
Thanks Vagabond and best of luck with the R390 at Deep Forest, right?

So frustrated at throwing some time away, but if my bus stop doesn't jump me up a slot or two I'll have to :bowdown: to everyone! lol (My exit is very tight on the yellow rumble, but I've checked, checked and triple/quadruple checked and I believe it is clean)

Submitting with splits on board so as not to go completely crazy :crazy:

Best of luck to all.

I don't know how I did it, but I saw a 1'15.9xx for two laps and messed them both up at the busstop :mad: :banghead:

Back