GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 54 : 9 Lives

• Thread starter EDK
  • 410 comments
It just occurred to me how quiet the forums have been since this week started! Everyone seems to be really preoccupied with something, strange.

On another note, this is really tough, and I can't count the laps that I have screwed up because I get a horrible itch when it counts. :lol:

It just occurred to me how quiet the forums have been since this week started! Everyone seems to be really preoccupied with something, strange.

On another note, this is really tough, and I can't count the laps that I have screwed up because I get a horrible itch when it counts. :lol:

Oh believe me, the amount times I have fired it into the barrier when being up on my ghost getting towards the end of the lap is numerous, worst when your going in to the last corner! It always helps having something close by to throw!!

Oh believe me, the amount times I have fired it into the barrier when being up on my ghost getting towards the end of the lap is numerous, worst when your going in to the last corner! It always helps having something soft close by to throw!!

Fixed that for you. ;)

Yeah, I think the issue is that enough of the lap is left after the 9th split that it becomes easier to improve the total lap without improving splits up to that point.

For me, I just haven't improved my lap. I think I can find another 1.5-2 seconds in total. It would be more, if not for inconsistency, and the tendency to make just one critical mistake every time. And if you start to become cautious in all the places you've made critical mistakes, you won't go any faster.............

I'm starting toget stuck too. I'm always really close on the first 9 then I had been making massive improvements on the back half. But I think I won't do a whole lot better at this point, unless I just have a magic lap.

Couldn't agree more Kevin - I had a great run last night, improving my splits to T9 and my overall lap time. It wasn't until I went back over all the splits that I found I'd dropped over a second in the back half of the track. Like you say, it's so easy to drop serious time just by being cautious in a couple of places...

That said, the lap was clean so it's a good banker lap and I can just attack everything from this point on and hope it stays pointed in the right direction :D

EDK
Fixed that for you. ;)

Yeah, I think the issue is that enough of the lap is left after the 9th split that it becomes easier to improve the total lap without improving splits up to that point.

For me, I just haven't improved my lap. I think I can find another 1.5-2 seconds in total. It would be more, if not for inconsistency, and the tendency to make just one critical mistake every time. And if you start to become cautious in all the places you've made critical mistakes, you won't go any faster.............

Thats why I have to run with ghost off, because if I see that it right behind me I end up just pushing it that little too much and binning it into the gravel. I have it set up so I can flick the ghost on and off with one of the buttons on the G27, so generally flick it on down the straights to guage where I am.

Couldn't agree more Kevin - I had a great run last night, improving my splits to T9 and my overall lap time. It wasn't until I went back over all the splits that I found I'd dropped over a second in the back half of the track. Like you say, it's so easy to drop serious time just by being cautious in a couple of places...

That said, the lap was clean so it's a good banker lap and I can just attack everything from this point on and hope it stays pointed in the right direction :D

Great run, indeed, Jon!!! :cheers:

It seems you like being the leader in D2! :)

I managed to get a clean lap in earlier and will get the splits up later! Nice safe and clean... Now to improve as it was far too safe!!

Thats why I have to run with ghost off, because if I see that it right behind me I end up just pushing it that little too much and binning it into the gravel. I have it set up so I can flick the ghost on and off with one of the buttons on the G27, so generally flick it on down the straights to guage where I am.

I do the same. With the T500, I have a D pad right there, but used to do the same whenever possible with the G wheels.

I think I was up about 1.5 on my ghost coming up to the second carrousel, and the car decided to veer off track to the left in the bumpy, flat out section. :ouch:

Great run, indeed, Jon!!! :cheers:

It seems you like being the leader in D2! :)

Thanks Chuk, leaderboard only represents 60% of the track though so things are going to change next Monday. Worth bearing in mind that the track that isn't covered by the leaderboard is the equivalent to two WRS events in itself...

Thanks Chuk, leaderboard only represents 60% of the track though so things are going to change next Monday. Worth bearing in mind that the track that isn't covered by the leaderboard is the equivalent to two WRS events in itself...

So true. That must mean that my usual 40-50 hours of racing is only 60% of the time I must spend this week to catch you!!! :sly:

Still Kevin's tune with torque changed from 35-65 to 30-70

20.265:mad:

chukabilly
So true. That must mean that my usual 40-50 hours of racing is only 60% of the time I must spend this week to catch you!!! :sly:

Have fun with the other 30-35 hours..

That leaves about.. Hmm roughly 100 from 160 leaves 60 hours to do anything else in the week that needs doing.. Like sleeping so say maybe if your lucky 11 hours to do as you wish like eating, washing cleaning. :dopey: Presuming you don't have a job :lol:

Have fun with the other 30-35 hours..

That leaves about.. Hmm roughly 100 from 160 leaves 60 hours to do anything else in the week that needs doing.. Like sleeping so say maybe if your lucky 11 hours to do as you wish like eating, washing cleaning. :dopey: Presuming you don't have a job :lol:

Some say.... he never sleeps, and that each day of his is 36 hours long...

Nice lap Mohit - not sure I'm going to be able to catch you to T9. Will have to keep my fingers crossed for the 'back 9'

Have fun with the other 30-35 hours.. Presuming you don't have a job :lol:

I'm self-employed, so when everything goes right, I did it. :)

If some thing goes wrong, it's the Boss' fault! :ouch:

I work like I race, I race like I drink, I drink like I work.
rockon.gif

:gtpflag:

edit: That's funny, Mohit!! :cheers:

The problem with getting old is that the quick reflexes you need to play this game goes right out of the window. :yuck: So yes, I'm now struggling to keep up with the pace of this car. :crazy: I'll be pleased if I just manage to chip away one more second from this great combo.

chukabilly
I'm self-employed, so when everything goes right, I did it. :)

If some thing goes wrong, it's the Boss' fault! :ouch:

I work like I race, I race like I drink, I drink like I work.

:gtpflag:

edit: That's funny, Mohit!! :cheers:

So nothing's your fault? :D :dopey:

Btcanon some of us are keeping quite so as not to dicourage others also.

I am doing this one. Cant get a clean run, but it is fun. No where near done. Flying like a bullet coming out of the barrel of a gun.

Twissy is fast. Hauling ass. Will be suprised when I pass. I never let off the gas.

Yeah me and my DS3, you just wait and see. No one will believe how low I will be.

I kept my mouth shut or I tried to, until I thought I might try to inspire you.

Hahahaha yeah thats funny to me.

Truth is Im trying to catch and pass MilleRSVR but he just keeps going lower and lower and staying out of my reach.👍 Looks like he found 2 seconds of time to T9 with his new splits. Hes doing good.:)

So nothing's your fault? :D :dopey:

Nope, it's all on me! :)

I don't blame anyone for where I'm at, nor do I rely on someone else to change it. 👍

But I don't think I have it that bad! [As he takes another drink and waits for the NA race!]

chukabilly
Nope, it's all on me! :)

I don't blame anyone for where I'm at, nor do I rely on someone else to change it. 👍

But I don't think I have it that bad! [As he takes another drink and waits for the NA race!]

I must have misread it so as it surprisingly makes sense both ways. :dopey:

Haha not tooooooooo bad ;)

I am doing this one. Cant get a clean run, but it is fun. No where near done. Flying like a bullet coming out of the barrel of a gun.

Twissy is fast. Hauling ass. Will be suprised when I pass. I never let off the gas.

Yeah me and my DS3, you just wait and see. No one will believe how low I will be.

I kept my mouth shut or I tried to, until I thought I might try to inspire you.

Truth is Im trying to catch and pass MilleRSVR but he just keeps going lower and lower and staying out of my reach.👍 Looks like he found 2 seconds of time to T9 with his new splits. Hes doing good.:)

Hey Jack, your a poet and don't know it.:lol:

I have a feeling you'll catch and pass me by the end of the week. You usually do.

It all came together. Best run yet! Always chasing Al and Mike!

Got some improvement to show. Improved by even more at the end of the lap - didnt drift the last chicane this time.

First clean run today...Gaining time in places I wouldnt expect and dropping in others

Finally some new ones for me. Sticking with my tune as is at this point.

Improvement at the line was quite a bit more than splits improvement. Going to keep hammering away at this one.

Back