GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 59 : A GT's GT

• Thread starter EDK
  • 327 comments
I just had a good session on this and my best save so far has...

I have seen a few 27.1's at T1, but I need to get in the flow and hold the lap together :P been racing the 2J @ Indy road in the seasonals over the weekend and these cars are worlds apart haha :ouch: ... will try some more later 👍

Great splits posted so far! :scared:

edit:

Last edited:
After about 15 laps, all of a sudden I realised the best line through T1 and T3! My times then came shooting down!!!

Splits so far:

EDK
There has to be a certain degree of difficulty in these events.

I drove the car on S3's, and I found it to be way too easy.

With all the downforce this car has, even in stock form, the tire choice is a bit decptive. It probably has grip at or beyond a car with the same power/weight ratio on S3's.

I know the Alfa was tough, so I didn't post when people complained about the grip. That was the intent.

But my intent here was to give everyone some grip, and a break after a couple of difficult combos in a row.

Your experience with the pad might be different than mine with a wheel, but 90% or more of the drivers are using wheels, I mange to the majority.

Like i said Ill try again see if I can get into it I just forget how fun the game is when you drive on decen tires and how crazy fast some of these cars really are.

For example Ive driven this excat same car in a seasonal at rome of all places on comfort soft tires. I had no clue this car was so crazy fast. Ive driven another car in a seasonal at HSR on sports hard. Its trhe same exact speed on the same tires it handles almost the same does the same moves that are possible to do.

We must of used the power limiter on this car at rome. Geeze this car flies on the racing hards at HSR. I dont remember the FGT feeling this quick honestly.

First splits:

Have gone about 2 tenths faster in those two splits though, liking the combo.:)

Just been giving this one a run, this is a great combo to get used to the wheel! Still getting used to the funky lines that you have to take around this track, will have some splits up shortly. :)

Haha, couldn't resist a quick go at this.... One word -

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh! :D

That, at least, is the noise I'm trying not to make while hurtling around. :P

I think I hate the High Speed Ring... but I'll run a few more laps before I make up my mind. :sly:

Happy with 1st sector. 2nd sector I can't make up my mind how to enter the right hander of the esses, hesitate every time and just end up kind of wandering aimlessly down the middle. If I can make a decision on that before I reach the braking point, it might not be too bad. :)

Has been way too long since my last combo but now that F1 2011 is complete I can get back into some time trialing.
Managed to get some laps in last night. Happy with first and last sector but can't seem to get my head around the S in sector 2. Maybe I can get it right by the end of the week.

Tried new lines, improved a little, much more to improve on. I'll give it a go again later.

Seems like if I improve the T1 time then the T2 suffers. Still can't reach my best T2 of 21.226.:crazy:

Last edited:

Just average good splits my PBs so far are 1 tenth better thru both T1 and T2 for any DS3 driver who wants to do this one I dont see a wheel advantadge yet when I look at the board.

Im never very good thru the esses whether I drive wheel or DS3. When we did the HKS at HSR week my PBs were excactly the same and not as good as most others so losing 1 tenth with my PB to the lowest T2 so far is great really and losing almost nothing to T1 with my PB is really really great.

Couldnt ask for a better start to a WRS week. Should look like I really am a D2 driver for awhile anyhow.:lol:

Getting a feel for T1 now...

Seen the odd 26.7 and lost it abruptly as the split is so close to the turn and my hand eye co-ordination is not what it used to be haha :( also seen a couple of 47.3's and stuff the last turn up more often than not!... ah well will keep plugging away until i get them in one lap 👍

GL all :cheers:

edit:

Last edited:
First splits for my first even in months!

T1: 27.069
T2: 20.900

Very inconsistent in T2 as always on this track. I know there is easily a couple tenths sitting there and I've had plenty of 26.9xx in my 20 or so laps. Loving it so far!

Lots of tidying up to do, but I'm happy with overall time.
I can't believe I lost .744 T1 with .612 T2 in the last corner... :banghead: I'm absolutely gutted because of that, can't believe it...

Nice to see you Mcfizzle and Jon, looks like I better get back behind the wheel.

Lose some gain some. Those esses have to be just perfect to get a good t2 and not spin.

Good to see lots of people coming back for this combo!

Gotta get some more running in tonight I think just to keep up!!!

My magic lap has occured.
I've beaten my theoretical fastest time by 1 tenth.
I must say I'm in shock, almost 3 tenths faster lap than my earlier record.
Crossed the line at 260 km/h, smooth through T1 and T2 and in the last corner I didn't drop bellow 204 km/h(I triple checked for SRF but it's off as always).
No point spending anymore time on this event, looks like I got a whole week to spend. :D

No point spending anymore time on this event, looks like I got a whole week to spend. :D

Very nice splits 👍 But don't count your chickens and submit just yet mate! I'm not finished and still bits to clean up... so who knows what will be posted over a long week ;)

Great battle in the making here! :sly:

Very nice splits 👍 But don't count your chickens and submit just yet mate! I'm not finished and still bits to clean up... so who knows what will be posted over a long week ;)

Great battle in the making here! :sly:

Thanks!
I'm eagerly awaiting your next set of splits. :cheers:
And about the battle - those are exactly my thoughts. 👍

And regarding my comment - don't see me as an arrogant guy, since I'm not. I just said that since I don't see myself beating my current time.

Latest Posts

Back