GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 59 : A GT's GT

• Thread starter EDK
  • 327 comments
Thanks guys yeah its starting to come to me some I have now beaten my OT with my DS3 driving with my wheel and then can you believe this, I beat it yet again the very next lap?

Thats a personal TT record I think 2 OT beating laps in a row!

@Btcanon I wouldnt mess with you like that at all, I do believe you.

First of all your good. Regardless of your division I think all drivers have great potential in them to do great things.

I know how it is. I got GT5 and a month later almost got my first top ten seasonal TT finish. I got it on the third try finished 9th in the whole world driving AT with a DS3. I was most likely a D5 driver when I first got GT5 because even now I drive like a D5 drives at the beginning of many weeks WRS combos. Thats not an insult thats my first days sessions splits compared to the average D5 drivers splits.

Didnt happen here or last week because I have done TTs at these tracks before.

I totally believe that you could beat everyone this week not just thru 1 sector either the whole shooting match and you know why? Because I believe I can...well the odds arent high that I will but theres some odds I could.👍

I finished 8th in the world with my DS3 at this track in a seasonal. I already know how the craziest best of the best (not me the winner of the seasonal)attacked the track I just got to learn to do it with my wheel now, or the quickest way I can do it which is all I can do really.

Little lunchtime session. Bit better through T1, bit worse through T2, much better through T3. Few thousandths faster at T2 but for just over a tenth faster at the line.

As usual, slower than Joao (but at least I have an excuse now) :sly:

More new splits. Dropped a bit in T3 though. Looking for a tenth overall...

Still can't catch Baron :indiff:

One thousandth slower in each of the first two sectors but a PB in T3 :crazy:

May have reached my limit. According to my spreadsheet, I have 2 hundredths to find. Reckon there's still some time to be had in T2 though. Will try again later :cheers:

Last edited:
I totally believe that you could beat everyone this week not just thru 1 sector either the whole shooting match and you know why? Because I believe I can...well the odds arent high that I will but theres some odds I could.👍

👍

New Splits:

T1: 26.921
T2: 20.800

Snapy time there iddledoo 👍

Thanks Lefty. I think the high speed high downforce of racing F1 2011 has helped me with this combo.

Have had faster splits but slower lap times. Starting to get use to sector 2. Here are my new splits

Happy racing all.

Found some time to do this one.

Last edited:
Now I'm not sure how much time I'll get with this combo. If I don't get more time before the deadline I won't be submitting because one run of 3 clean laps is not enough of an effort from me to feel satisfied with my laptime. Dealing with pain in my right knee makes it difficult to put much time into playing and I'll be getting it checked out once an appointment is made with the doctor.

Edit: And, looking at the replay board, I'm fastest in D3 right now. I doubt that will hold up for much time because I know I had a lap where I was .2 faster through T1 before I lost it coming out of turn 4 heading for the tunnel. Plus, it's still very early in the week.

I'm going to write a little guide for this event.

I cross the line at 260, in some cases 261 km/h, I hold the inner side for the next corner, hit up to 290 km/h on the straight, turn in on the inside, exit on the outside without dropping bellow 278 km/h, hitting up to about 291 km/h before braking hard while going on the outside for the 2nd corner beeing very close to the barrier, the closer you get to the barrier the faster your T1 time will be, try to turn in after braking to maximise your exit speed (I take this corner in 4th gear). Exit speed from corner 2 should be about 200 km/h. I move to the left, brake just as the road widens after the bridge, brake hard while downshifting to 3rd, then I start turning in at the 3/4 of the kerb on the right and downshift to 2nd for easier turn in, after I've cleared first of the S bend I then move to the left, apply about 2% of brakes and downshift to 2nd and start aiming for the apex near the kerb on the left. When I hit the apex I then start accelerating and exit the corner near the right side of the tunnel wall. From there on I cut the concrete after T2 (this is track as stated) and before the final corner I brake just a little bit so I can downshift to 4th, I enter the corner while trying to not go under 200 km/h (but I consistently don't go under 203 or 204 km/h). I hold the outside line in the last corner in order to maximise my speed and if I did everything right my speed at the line should be 260 or 261 km/h. I shift at the redline.
I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I'm sort of getting back into it now after another short session and final have some decent splits to post.

It's early days too and I know I can do a bit better.

Wow John at or near the limit...amazing.👍 I find it so incredible how well you do with not very much time driving.

Im very pleased with the new splits. Could have done T3 better but any time I put one thru the goal post and score is a great feeling and this tracks goal post is highly defended. haha

Looks like I have many D2s to race with now.👍

Nice job Ash, Jon and Speedy, its like the old days when I first started out in the WRS.

Wow that color looks good on you Joao.👍(talking about the new blue D1 badge on the splits board)haha

Last edited:
Making very slow progress on this one, gained 0.2 on the lap.

Managed a 20.758 T2 drifting :D but went a little slow in T1 and T3 and was only 0.05 up at the line. Didn't quite get the same exit from T2 when I went faster again 5 laps later :sly:.

Last edited:
Thanks guys :) pretty happy with the lap although I'm sure there are a few hundredths to find, it's just whether I have the patience (and luck) to find them.

I don't think it's fast enough for the D2 win, but it should hopefully be somewhere near the podium.....maybe :nervous:

All hard surface is considered track? Wow I'm an idiot....I haven't been putting anymore than 2 wheels over the white line through the tunnel, or using all of the outside of the track coming in to the last bend, hopefully that's a bit more time right there lol.

Aaarrrrrggggg!!!!!!

27.834 🤬
20.738 :eek::eek::eek:

See though, I get a T2 like that and completely flub T1

Aaarrrrrggggg!!!!!!

27.834 🤬
20.738 :eek::eek::eek:

See though, I get a T2 like that and completely flub T1

Division 4 Bronze, are you sure?! :eek:

That is a quick T2, if you can do one part of the track that quick, you can do all of it that quick with enough practice. Twitchy's post about how to take the track seems to be pretty accurate, after all, he has got beast splits. Follow that and I'm sure you'll be guaranteed a Div 4 podium with a T2 of that pace (if not quicker by the end of the week). 👍

I got pretty good with my wheel that had iffy force feedback last week (it would turn on and off mid corner) the replacement got here last night, Like I said tho, I can't put them together...Have one great split and 2 that are mediocre.

That only bumped me into 3rd for div 4. Problem seems to be if I get turn two right, I'm carrying too much speed and mess up the esses. If I get it wrong I fly through the esses. Though honestly I still drop a wheel and spin most of the time!

Division 4 Bronze, are you sure?! :eek:

That is a quick T2, if you can do one part of the track that quick, you can do all of it that quick with enough practice. Twitchy's post about how to take the track seems to be pretty accurate, after all, he has got beast splits. Follow that and I'm sure you'll be guaranteed a Div 4 podium with a T2 of that pace (if not quicker by the end of the week). 👍

HSR has a way of mixing up the divisional results and tightening up the boad, especially when turn 1 can be taken flat out with reltive ease.

Wicked splits mate, and a very nice write up 👍 pretty much the same as how I tackle the track... only difference for me is I have been keeping 2 wheels behind the white line in the tunnel and staying off the pavement after the tunnel, not sure why? Just took it for granted it was a no go zone haha :dopey:

Never got to race last night as I was knackered after work, but I really have got some work to do trying to catch those splits when I do get some more laps :crazy: Looks like you have run away with this one now :bowdown:

Great turnout for this one! GL to all :cheers:
Cheers
Ron.

I tend to start out wide for the first bend and cut back in. I don't know if it's me being terrible, but I found I couldn't take it flat when keeping a tight line, so I've tackled it from a wide entrance. Also for the S bends I keep it tight around the right hander and stay out to the right of the track, and go for maximum exit speed through the tunnel. Again I'll have to experiment with the different lines that Twitchy has used, hopefully it will allow me to get a .6 first split and .5 second split (which are both insane?!) :yuck:

Also, since I got hurt in Afghanistan, I really cant do much out and about, so I get to spend an incredible amount of time playing this game. (my wife is great about it too) So I think that helps my learning curve.

The live races I do gets my heart rate up, which I think is good for me, I've actually lost weight sitting on my couch playing this game:lol:

Sell that on TV! GT5 as a weight loss plan.:sly: Though, I did see a spot on the news a couple of weeks ago that said it's good for you to play video games.

Another session and I'm starting to feel it again, a big improvement over my other time even though the splits are only slightly faster.

Still a little left too I think.:)

Thanks Baron 👍

Wow that color looks good on you Joao.👍(talking about the new blue D1 badge on the splits board)haha

It´s really strange, keep looking at the blue as from the "others" :sly:

Thanks twitchy for a great write up 👍

Glad to see you back Ian, and from the looks of it you´re not rusty at all :dopey:

Final splits from last night because i was too tired to post them

T1: 26.824
T2: 20.701

I find it to be quicker to take a wider, straighter line through turn 1, then on the approach to turn 2, I hit the brakes, turn the wheel and hope I don't get stuck to the wall like a magnet.

It´s really strange, keep looking at the blue as from the "others" :sly:

Glad to see you back Ian, and from the looks of it you´re not rusty at all :dopey:

Yes it's good to be back although I did need a break, maybe not for as long as it has been though.:sly:

I was rusty in my first session but now I feel better, it's only High Speed Ring though things might have been different if it was somewhere else.:)

Congratulations on your promotion too, it's well deserved.👍

Yes it's good to be back although I did need a break, maybe not for as long as it has been though.:sly:

I was rusty in my first session but now I feel better, it's only High Speed Ring though things might have been different if it was somewhere else.:)

Congratulations on your promotion too, it's well deserved.👍

👍 Good to see you back Ash, even if it means I'll finish one spot lower in D2 as a result.:sly:

I thought I would make this my first WRS TT ever :P, so ran a few laps today :D. Had fun trying to chase the splits on the leaderboad so far I'm down to...

T1: 27.046
T2: 20.787

Still finding it hard to get below 27' in T1 think I'm still losing time in turn 2, so hopefully I can improve that :).

Last edited:
If T1 improves T2 is slower

A bit better T2, T1 still can't com out of the turn fast.

Last edited:
Back