GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 59 : A GT's GT

• Thread starter EDK
  • 327 comments
Thanks!
I'm eagerly awaiting your next set of splits. :cheers:
And about the battle - those are exactly my thoughts. 👍

And regarding my comment - don't see me as an arrogant guy, since I'm not. I just said that since I don't see myself beating my current time.

I never saw your post as arrogant mate 👍 Nothing wrong with being happy with your splits :cheers:

For the record I have hit 47.2 one time with a 26.8 T1 last night and it's the main reason I haven't finished with this combo... If I can clean it up and hold it to the line then it could be interesting for sure 👍 sounds cocky but when you had a sniff of some splits you don't want to short change yourself come the deadline ;)

26.7 / 47.2 is my target splits for now until I see someone clearly faster then its back to the drawing board... until we can only push thousandths 👍
In work in a couple of hours but hope to have an update in the wee small hours after it :)

GL with it...
Cheers
Ron.

I can't find the best lines for this car. On Turn 1 I am riding high on the turn, Turn 2 I brake and shift down to 4th back on gas to T1. Last sweeper I take high and smoke the tires. By lap 3 the tires are spent. Any help would be kindly appreciated!

I use the driving line for this combo as exactly where the red braking marker starts is where I hit the brakes and drop 2 gears to 4th and start rolling around the turn staying close to the banking without touching, This car loves wide exit angles for the best speeds!

Try just hitting the brakes and dropping to 4th and stay on the unnatural close to wall entry and roll around the turn until you feel the car respond to do your beckoning and floor it... It will come after a few attempts! even though it feels all wrong :lol:

As for your tyres being spent? I hope I'm not running the wrong car specs as my tyres feel the same every lap... will check main page details again :scared:

I never saw your post as arrogant mate 👍 Nothing wrong with being happy with your splits :cheers:

For the record I have hit 47.2 one time with a 26.8 T1 last night and it's the main reason I haven't finished with this combo... If I can clean it up and hold it to the line then it could be interesting for sure 👍 sounds cocky but when you had a sniff of some splits you don't want to short change yourself come the deadline ;)

26.7 / 47.2 is my target splits for now until I see someone clearly faster then its back to the drawing board... until we can only push thousandths 👍
In work in a couple of hours but hope to have an update in the wee small hours after it :)

GL with it...
Cheers
Ron.

Wow, that must've been a killer T2. :embarrassed:
My best T2 is a low .6 but I've had a few .6 in T1 so yes, I'm aware that there is always more time to be found on these events.
Good luck and drive fast (as usual). 👍

I can't find the best lines for this car. On Turn 1 I am riding high on the turn, Turn 2 I brake and shift down to 4th back on gas to T1. Last sweeper I take high and smoke the tires. By lap 3 the tires are spent. Any help would be kindly appreciated!

I'll help.

For turn 1 I use the inside line;
For turn 2 brake strong and quick and downshift to 4th while taking the maximum available width of the track (using the outside line);
For turns 3 and 4 (the S curve) I brake hard just after the bridge, downshift to 3rd and start turning in at the middle of the kerb on the right (using 2nd gear to help the car turn in), going on throttle while on the apex and then going off throttle, going a bit wide before turning in and going on throttle as I hit the apex;
For turn 5 I just brake just so I can downshift to 4th, using the outside line and not going under 200 km/h.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks Mr. P and Fobia for the kind help! I'll try you're suggestions after I take the Ms to her doctors appointment. :)

Amazing times already on "alien" battle and great start Jon 👍

Going to try this combo this night because i love the car (not the track :sly:)

A fun fact:
Having in mind I had a T1 of 26,6xx and Ron had T2 of 20,4xx brings us to conclusion that a 47.0xx split or even lower, maybe even high 46 is possible, that's over 0.3 faster than my current best time which is bloody amazing in my book, that fact pushes me forward to doing this more and more.
Great week.

I saw a T2 of 20,4xx, and it was clean, I have no idea what I did, but when I realised how fast that really was, I jumped to my replays to scrutinize the lap, but I had jumped out without saving it.:dunce:

I am a moron. My t1 was slow enough that I still would have been in the 9th or tenth place overall range but at least I know that if I hit the magic lap I could do something tremendous with this. Doubt it:) Flukes happen, but I just dont see me there. Not yet.

First 20 laps in this beast.
Nice combo: This must be one of the most under-rated tracks in Gt5.

Crazy splits, so crazy that infact I chocked and ended up with only 0.005 faster time. :lol:

Great splits Ron and Fobia 👍 Running off into the distance guys.... :)

A few more laps waiting for dinner. The missus is trying something new and its taking longer than expected. :P

I'm making a mess of sector 2 on every lap. Its like my left foot doesn't want to use the brakes after doing turn 2. If I can nail it even a little better, I'm looking at a fairly decent time I think. Not expecting to catch our resident aliens though. :sly:

Decided to try and clean up the mess I made with my "great" splits, mission accomplished. Now I can sleep peacefully.

Now I can sleep peacefully.

"Sleep with one eye open,
gripping your pillow ti-ight." :P

Short stints seem to be the way to go for me with this combo...

Best 1st sector so far 26.711 but this lap has my best 2nd sector - finally decided on a line to take. Now to just tidy it up and stick it with a faster 1st sector. And then finish it without getting sucked into the barrier round the last bend of course. :sly:

Gained over.3 on the lap, which is more than I thought I'd get all week.

Lost some in t2 so I know there's more to find.

Probably going to switch to wheel now.

Im not faster with it but i can take the last corner at a higher midcorner speed and it gives me a better T3 time to compensate for less than stellar T1 and T2.

Its just alot easier driving the wheel in one way but another not so far. i find it frustrating I cant do a decent T1 yet with it but hey i dont expect miracles to happen over night.

I still think a DS3 driver has a good shot but you really have to take massive risks you dont ever need to with a wheel to do the same OT basically and Im tired of wrecking alot. :lol:

Also want to see if I can pull a Btcanon 4 thru T2 with my wheel!:)

Im not faster with it but i can take the last corner at a higher midcorner speed and it gives me a better T3 time to compensate for less than stellar T1 and T2.

Its just alot easier driving the wheel in one way but another not so far. i find it frustrating I cant do a decent T1 yet with it but hey i dont expect miracles to happen over night.

I still think a DS3 driver has a good shot but you really have to take massive risks you dont ever need to with a wheel to do the same OT basically and Im tired of wrecking alot. :lol:

You'll get there, you aren't alone on learning the wheel!

I get the inkling you may not believe me?

Doesn't count anyway, didn't save it, think it was some sort of miracle anyhow. Doubt I'll see it again.

Last edited:
First 20 lap run and only had 3 clean laps. :ouch: Just not being aggressive enough with the wheel in the corners.

First splits, with a drift on T2 :drool:

T1: 26.858
T2: 20.721

Already saw a .4 but the last corner is really difficult to get right :crazy:

I don't know if you know, but I myself made a switch to the wheel less than 3 months ago. My advice is to make a complete switch to the wheel. Yeah you will be slower for some time, and the frustration might get the better of you. But I had great support in this corner of the forums, and I stuck with it, and now I've come out much faster with the wheel, even running a D1 time in the last combo I took part in.

Amazing combo by the way, should have some splits up soon.

First splits, with a drift on T2 :drool:

T1: 26.858
T2: 20.721

Already saw a .4 but the last corner is really difficult to get right :crazy:

Maybe your promotion is old news, but I just noticed it. Congrats!

Back