GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 61 : Vincenzo's Swiss Adventure

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 236 comments
Im looking forward to driving this combo again. Im to wrung out trying to beat last weeks combos OT now however to try.

I just want to say to Lefty nice job your doing good keep going. You to Blair you can do it you can catch him.👍

Also want to say to Green nice splits. I cant wait to try and catch you.👍

Yeah I love dirt!:)👍

Productive session.

Still some time left in all sections, we'll see if I can find it.

Spent the last hour trying to get a better T1 but any time I did, seen a .4xx at one stage, but any time I did get a good T1 I messed up the rest of the lap. My T3 was better too.

Went about 20 laps in and produced nothing clean. :ouch: More frustration than fun so I think I may pass on more runs this week.

First splits, nice combo! Looks like we have a fast Div 4 racer to catch! Great Splits Toymdngn!

Improved tonnes since my goes last night, suddenly it just seemed to click this morning.

jack5428
Nice Baron.👍 Your quite a well rounded driver. Im impressed.

Thanks, we'll see at the end of the week where I end up.

Never a huge fan of dirt, but seem to do ok. Haven't run on dirt since the last time WRS ran here.

Blew up a .151, .197, .169, .206, .217 and .270 T2 in T3 and also, I discovered that my T3 is rubbish on my current best run, gutted. :banghead:

EDIT:
Told you my T3 was awful. :ouch:

New (slower) splits: :dopey:

Last edited:

Finally turned on active steering, but I don't think it helps much. Then again I'm not even sure what is does :lol:.

Disregard my splits, on replay I can hear a faint thud as I pass the chicane at the end of T2. I knew I was close but not that close.:dunce:

Finally turned on active steering, but I don't think it helps much. Then again I'm not even sure what is does :lol:.

Yeah I dont know on a 4x4, havent tried it yet on this car and try not to unless it looks like i just cant go lower because it seems after its turned on I become very lead footed and cant then switch back to it turned off.

Or lead fingered since Im driving DS3 right now. lol

Yeah I dont know on a 4x4, havent tried it yet on this car and try not to unless it looks like i just cant go lower because it seems after its turned on I become very lead footed and cant then switch back to it turned off.

Or lead fingered since Im driving DS3 right now. lol

I'm using active steering on strong, since I see that the car slides less that way, so I can maintain more speed through the corners without getting any unwanted slides and therefore losing speed. Understeer isn't an issue with it, at least for me.

Active Steering corrects the overdone input you give on your steeringwheel, giving the wheels of the car a better angle.

Just can not seem to get all tree sectors in a row, always one sector where i:yuck:

improvement on lap time with these splits :

Still having fun and it seems Im ripping T2 but im not at all which is strange. haha

Saw a low 5 to T1 and wow I got such a sweet exit after the bridge, ideal line and so fast and I WOT'd it all the way to the chicane so smooth that when I got there I come in so freaky hot and there wasnt 🤬 I could do to make the chicane at all.:lol:

Yeah jack I'm starting to think there's a bridge over that chicane or some sort of shortcut in T2 :lol:. I believe most of the time I'm losing in that section is becuase of that bloody chicane, anyway nice splits :)

Made progress tonight.

Looking for up to half a sec though after getting through T2 .4xx up on this. Getting diminished returns though.

Yeah jack I'm starting to think there's a bridge over that chicane or some sort of shortcut in T2 :lol:. I believe most of the time I'm losing in that section is becuase of that bloody chicane, anyway nice splits :)

Thanks Green.

Im also seeing its challenging to blend a quick chicane with a quick the next corner. It will come, so early in this combo and plenty of time the D1s say is left. No worrys.:)

I love going lower. I love I put a 5 at T1 thru the chicane! Yes!:)

Now to do it and with a good T3. haha

Basically just a small I only want to work on T2 and thats it session and really I didnt work on it I just drove thru the other 2 sectors and only tried to get a good feel of T2s entry thru the chicane then get a nice exit and then feel the entry to the next corner. Worked. I also got a new PB thru T3.

Last edited:
Well, once I figured out how to get the right amount of heat in the tires, the car started responding much better ;)

FFB 1
ABS 1
BB 1/7
AS Mild

It took a lot of fiddling to get it just right, I found that on strong the AS was fighting me too much, guess I should try now with it off. But was too pleased to have done some decent splits.

Back