GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 61 : Vincenzo's Swiss Adventure

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 236 comments

Still more time to get in t1-2. Also, bad t3 but still my best lap.

Well, once I figured out how to get the right amount of heat in the tires, the car started responding much better ;)

FFB 1
ABS 1
BB 1/7
AS Mild

It took a lot of fiddling to get it just right, I found that on strong the AS was fighting me too much, guess I should try now with it off. But was too pleased to have done some decent splits.

BB 1/7? Is that brake bias? I thought we were doing this one in arcade mode.

Well, once I figured out how to get the right amount of heat in the tires, the car started responding much better ;)

FFB 1
ABS 1
BB 1/7
AS Mild

It took a lot of fiddling to get it just right, I found that on strong the AS was fighting me too much, guess I should try now with it off. But was too pleased to have done some decent splits.
Good to see you putting down some decent splits! I just can't find the right stuff for this one, can't use the throttle like I should. Finding a rhythm with this car, for me is impossible. Anyway Nice!! :)

My first try! Thought it was very good until I get to my computer and look at the D4 splits! :crazy:

Al

Check the Comprehensive Guide thread, ya FAQ'er! :sly:

The weekly race event thread states that we can use In-Race Functions, what is this?

When racing you can tweak the following settings on-track: Traction Control, ABS, Torque Distribution (only available on 4WD cars) and Front/Rear Brake Balance. DFGT users will know that they can access this by pressing the big red button on the steering wheel and adjusting with the little wheel and the +/- buttons on the left side of the wheel. If you are using other wheels you will need to go in to the options menu from GT Home (or the main menu) and set-up your controller so that it can access the In-Race Functions. DS3 users will need to find some spare buttons, which won't be too hard if you are using the sticks to drive.

When you set up these functions they will be saved the next time you use them (clarification for Arcade mode).

Yup Al, I've been chasing all weekend. Catching up at last!

Last edited:
I'm really struggling here. I really want to give this one a try but I am also about halfway into the Le Mans 24H and it would hurt a lot to have to abandon that race. Decisions decisions.

^You could just create a new account on your ps3 to run the TT, since it's an arcade week. Make sure to give the new account your GTP name and don't login to PSN when running the TT (or simply don't create a PSN account for it).

Was long since asleep when you posted this or I'm sure I'd of had some smart remark...:sly:

Good to see you putting down some decent splits! I just can't find the right stuff for this one, can't use the throttle like I should. Finding a rhythm with this car, for me is impossible. Anyway Nice!! :)

I figured that group of settings out, and that the car will obviously understeer, which most of the time can be corrected with a giant bootfull of throttle. Especially in the hairpin. But its a very easy car to steer with proper modulation. Dont give up! 👍

^You could just create a new account on your ps3 to run the TT, since it's an arcade week. Make sure to give the new account your GTP name and don't login to PSN when running the TT (or simply don't create a PSN account for it).

Problem is that I am running the 24 hour on my GTP account. Don't think it is possible to have two accounts with the same name. Ah well, there will be more rally weeks I'm sure.

Problem is that I am running the 24 hour on my GTP account. Don't think it is possible to have two accounts with the same name. Ah well, there will be more rally weeks I'm sure.

You could rename both user accounts every time you start another rally or 24h session.

I'm really struggling here. I really want to give this one a try but I am also about halfway into the Le Mans 24H and it would hurt a lot to have to abandon that race. Decisions decisions.
Hey Thomas :) Do one of these... Either back up your save to a USB stick after you've suspended the24Hr race and then reload GT5, exit the race and run the TT. Then you can copy your backed up save back to the PS3 when this week is over (don't forget to export your replay first)

Or... make a new user account on the PS3 (not online, just in the XMB) and name the account GTP_Anghammarad in the XMB menu. You don't need to login to PSN and your replays will still be saved as the correct user name.

Job's a good 'un 👍 Be a shame for you to miss it - you're pretty handy at rallying.

Or... make a new user account on the PS3 (not online, just in the XMB) and name the account GTP_Anghammarad in the XMB menu. You don't need to login to PSN and your replays will still be saved as the correct user name.

This is what I meant earlier. You might have to rename your other account first if it's called the same thing. Of course, Chris' first suggestion would work as well 👍

Gave this a go earlier despite my previous bad form in rally events, was ready to give up quite quickly as my times were way off, but then I managed to find some speed and get times down to 20.9xx in the first sector, and 45.3xx in the second. However I can't get any lower than that :nervous: Any advice, particularly on shifting through the corners? I don't usually do Manual transmission, but it's a lot faster here than using Automatic.

Gave this a go earlier despite my previous bad form in rally events, was ready to give up quite quickly as my times were way off, but then I managed to find some speed and get times down to 20.9xx in the first sector, and 45.3xx in the second. However I can't get any lower than that :nervous: Any advice, particularly on shifting through the corners? I don't usually do Manual transmission, but it's a lot faster here than using Automatic.

2 pieces of advice. One is to short shift I recommend never short shifitng so that the revs drop below 4 on the tacometer however. I do ocassionally but really if you want to pull out of a corner strongly try to keep the Revs at 4000

2nd piece of advice is you can do a downshift to help you get better turn in on some corners.

Its a good and bad thing to learn because always downshift on entries to corners can slow you down mid corner also. Sector 1 the corner after the bridge you could downshift to first to get the car to turn right? but then you risk slowing down to much mid corner.

So when you drive MT sometimes your faced with a choice corner in the low gear to help turn in or corner in the higher gear to keep the mid corner up. you play with it thru corners finding what ever is fastest especially on dirt.

If this tranny was tuned better with more usable gears Id give you a boatload of advice but its uneccesary.

You can do it I learned to drive MT on dirt myself took just like 2 days is all knew mostly what I told you is all.

Remeber high revs can seem falsly fast. I guess the engine sound really makes you think your hauling even if your not sometimes.

Any advice, particularly on shifting through the corners?
Shifting into 3rd just before the 2nd hump after the start. 1st for turn 1, short shift to 2nd when you start to straighten up. (I'm 'short' shifting at about 6200-6500 rpm mostly.) 1st again for the left after the bridge, same short shift to 2nd when you're getting straight. 3rd before you get to the T1 split and stay in 3rd until you brake for the chicane. 1st for the entry of the chicane, 2nd as you exit. 1st for the hairpin and shifting as with turn 1. 2nd for the right at the bottom of the hill, drop to 1st as you turn in to the left hander. Stay in 1st for the right , up to 2nd on the bridge and if you're positioned correctly you can take the last left in 2nd for the run to the line.

:bowdown: for track guides. The 1hr I spent on this so far, I never got into 3rd gear once. :dunce:

To who ever wants to let the cat out of the bag ....... :lol:

The only thing I can't figure out is, should I ever shift into 3rd? I'm thinking maybe just before S/F for the run into the first left as I down shift into 2nd to wig into and through the left thrn setting up for the bridge.

The second is the "Sa-Shay Straight" after T1 before the L/R chicayne prior to the "Button Hook 180" Should I click into 3rd or string it out through everything and drop in hot w/ maybe a little "Scandinavian Flick" to transision through the L/R?

Also should I blast off the final bridge left turn in second or string it out off the bridge and shift going up the hill prior to S/F?

------------------------------- update --------------------------------

I think my questions were just answerd :dunce: Thankz "V"

OK, time for a track guide, let's start off...
I drove like this, always looked for a speed at the line of at least 103 km/h, 104 km/h is optimal (never seen a 105), I cross the line in 3rd and brake hard for the first turn, slide around the corner and exit in 2nd. On the bridge I enter on the right side and aim for the left side at the turn 2, if I hit it right I won't drop bellow 65 km/h. Then I full throttle it from then on, after T1 and at the beginning of the sweeping corners I turn in hard to the right and then to the left and then right again, if I hit it right (very hard) I'll end up on the right side of the chikane, I enter in 1st, get on throttle and exit the chikane is 2nd under full throttle. For the hairpin I just brake hard and turn to the left, just do it so that you don't slide a lot because that way you keep most of the momentum. After T2 there is T3, the downhill section which is very hairy to say the least... aim for the right side, as close as you can to the boundary and as you've hit it right start braking, downshift to 1st gear and aim for the left side of the following corner, it's good if you don't drop bellow 55 km/h. For corner after that downshift to 1st, speed should be 45 km/h, as you get on the bridge move to the right, go off throttle (stay in 2nd) and turn in, don't brake and try to not go bellow 60 km/h, after you see that you can take the corner safely get on throttle and hope for the best.
This is the best guide I can write, it's all about beeing really close to the edge and hitting that apex... luck plays a huge role here too, good luck.

T1: 20.773
T2: 24.621

Lost a little in T1 but my T2 was rather scorching :) (for me at least :lol:)

T1: 20.814
T2: 24.448

-------------------------- update -------------------------------

This last run felt more complete and balanced

T1: 20.692
T2: 24.536

Last edited:

0.3s at the line, I went waaaay tooooo wiiiiiide at the hairpin. I'm starting to figure out how to be a bit faster, I saw a 46.5xx at T2 once...

Little bit faster splits,. 13 faster lap. I've run enough
.50s in t1 that I think I can get one to stick on a good lap. Lots of time to work it out.

Back