GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 66 : Blue Streak

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 250 comments
sorry for the post with all the zeros, its kinda f###ed the leaderboard up, but saying that could miller really have knocked a asecond off of twissys time.... i doubt it must be typing error

sorry for the post with all the zeros, its kinda f###ed the leaderboard up, but saying that could miller really have knocked a asecond off of twissys time.... i doubt it must be typing error

Yes his must be a typo, I've already mentioned that and now you've gone and messed up the leaderboard too.:lol: Don't worry about it though as there are people about that can fix it, we'll just have to wait for one to arrive.;)

Yes his must be a typo, I've already mentioned that and now you've gone and messed up the leaderboard too.:lol: Don't worry about it though as there are people about that can fix it, we'll just have to wait for one to arrive.;)

sorry:guilty:.... these new kids hey:sly:

Thought i'd contribute a picture of my beast :)

CapeRingPeriphery.jpg

New splits:

T1 23.965
T2 32.317

Sector 3 is getting better, I think the time gained in t1 compared to my previous splits is just because of more hp with break-in. Still need to work on the spiral.

just to clear up any confusion my final times were as posted earlier

sorry for the mistake

T1: 23.728
T2: 31.770

Hope I'm still getting used to the wheel.:scared:

New Splits:

T1: 24.323
T2: 32.345

T1: 24.191
T2: 32.271

CapeRingPeriphery.jpg

Last edited:
What wheel you actually running ? fanatec, DFGT ?

Ditch them all and get a G27 :sly:
I had one.:lol:

I'm trying with my Fanatec now but I'm expecting a DFGT to arrive the coming days.

Losing some major time on that circle.

My car.

Losing some major time on that circle.
yep the oval is hard.. 1 wrong move and their goes half a second, worst bit for me is the chicane towards end

worst bit for me is the chicane towards end
For me, it's the throttle control and keeping the car turned in nicely, haven't played with DS3 in a few months, so not expecting a podium this week :lol:.

My 1st try with my own tune. Still needs tweeking, I hope to post my very 1st tune on this one!

Al

CapeRingPeriphery_11.jpg

CapeRingPeriphery_12.jpg

does tuning really make a difference? my cars tuning is just as it was... not altered anything

does tuning really make a difference? my cars tuning is just as it was... not altered anything

Not feeling much change myself between tunes this week - last week it was obvious but not so much this week. I am surprised at how easy the car is to handle though. I think the original GT5P qualifier was the F430 at Suzuka which was a beast to deal with but this combo is quite a nice and addictive item. 👍

Does anyone know what the max HP is yet? I'm hovering around 560HP and I'm worried I've missed something somewhere.

Not feeling much change myself between tunes this week - last week it was obvious but not so much this week. I am surprised at how easy the car is to handle though. I think the original GT5P qualifier was the F430 at Suzuka which was a beast to deal with but this combo is quite a nice and addictive item. 👍
GT5P physics were way more oversteery in general.

T1: 23.733
T2: 31.703

Can't figure out T1.

New splits, still need to find my perfect lap. Always mess up somewhere :)

T1: 24.549
T2: 32.934

But I must say this combo is soooo fun, really enjoying it to smash this ferrari around the corners.

Can't figure out T1.

You got T1 figured out better than I do - I'm ashamed to post my T1 at this point! :lol:

Can't figure out T1.
Oh Sjaak, these were done using your wheel.:D

Does anyone know what the max HP is yet? I'm hovering around 560HP and I'm worried I've missed something somewhere.

im at 596 lin

New splits - about a tenth up at the line, but my sector 2 time is getting worse and sector 1 slightly faster.

T1 23.886
T2 32.366

I think the 23.8 made me more cautious for the rest of the lap. Lost time at the chicane at the end of t2, and through the last corner with oversteer. Really enjoying this combo.

Please don't double- or triple-post. Use the Edit button if you have another thought, and no one else has posted yet. I've merged your posts above.

Also, don't bypass the swear filter.

I've removed your zero'ed time from the leaderboard. If you don't see your latest times show up there within 15-30min, try posting them again.

Welcome to WRS. ;)

New splits - about a tenth up at the line, but my sector 2 time is getting worse and sector 1 slightly faster.

T1 23.886
T2 32.366

I think the 23.8 made me more cautious for the rest of the lap. Lost time at the chicane at the end of t2, and through the last corner with oversteer. Really enjoying this combo.

That's enough now, 2 thousandths behind is fine ;)

Looks like I need to jump back into this and get the car up to max HP, whatever that is, assume it's over 600?

Great splits Maverick.

im at 596 lin

I realized I never changed the oil - I haven't put many miles on the car either - find it hard to believe that a simple oil change is going to take me from 561 HP to 597 HP but can't wait to see how my times improve on that little investment. :sly:

Any tips from anyone on how to handle the round-a-bout? I'm assuming it takes some sort of feathering of the throttle or is it possible to take it full throttle all the way around?

millross
That's enough now, 2 thousandths behind is fine ;)

Looks like I need to jump back into this and get the car up to max HP, whatever that is, assume it's over 600?

Lol, yeah its really close. My sector 3 isn't great - still not sure on the best line through the final corner.

My lap was with 600ish I think. Had a few more runs and currently at 605, but can't link a decent lap together now. Had a 32.0 through t2 but couldn't get the last sector right. Will probably leave it til tomorrow now.

Back