GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 75 : Twin Ring Twin Ring Motegi

• Thread starter EDK
  • 208 comments
Managed a slight improvement tonight!

Loving trying to creep up the leader board and having alot of fun trying to stay ahead of you Pilmat, we've been swapping positions from the beginning!

Nice job 👍 [cracks knuckles] Gotta get back to work!

I'm still baffled by the oval :boggled: I'm looking forward to video reviews to see what I'm doing wrong.

Latest splits, small improvement on the road course.

Tough car and track to be consistent with, my splits are all over the place.

Haven't strung a complete good lap together yet.

A few new splits for me:

Better than my first splits, but I'm dropping a lot of time on the Road Course still. I'll probably focus on that because the payoff will likely be greater than sinking a whole lot of time in the oval.

happy with the oval for now, time to work on the road course

Last edited:
Finally got around to this one, first trying Kevin's tunes.

33.760 Took some time on the oval and found a tenth using a dab of brake into turn 3.

Last edited:
New splits, Kevin's tune with ABS10 this time.

Nice splits Al, your on fire lately. 👍

See you in D3 soon I suspect. Slow down would ya, your making us (me) D3 guys look bad. :lol:

I may be out of the running this week, my lady is in the hospital.

Getting our priorities straight 👍 All the best! We'll all be here waiting for you when you get some time.

I spent another hour on the oval last night, and can turn 33.5-.6 'till the cows come home... But no way can I figure out how to go any faster:banghead:

The road course on the other hand is getting "slower" so I can now start to see where to find little bits of time. I make a dog's breakfast of corner one and still pull off this lap :D And I too did a double take on the identical S3 time to my previous best.

The road course on the other hand is getting "slower" so I can now start to see where to find little bits of time. I make a dog's breakfast of corner one and still pull off this lap :D And I too did a double take on the identical S3 time to my previous best.

I sat and raced for over an hour and started to get slower, have you checked your oil lately?

Al

I sat and raced for over an hour and started to get slower, have you checked your oil lately?

Al

Sorry, let me explain. When you first start at a new track or with an unfamiliar fast car, everything feels "too fast". You miss breaking points, don't know where to turn in or get on the power, etc. then as you become familiar and get used to the environment' everything seems to slow down. That is what I meant :)

As for the oil, I'm amazed how often you need to change it. In my oval session of an hour, I changed oil twice after starting with fresh! It goes down 2-3 HP every 20 or so laps :odd:

P.S. you have to slow down Al, us Div3 guys are getting a complex :scared:

Sorry, let me explain. When you first start at a new track or with an unfamiliar fast car, everything feels "too fast". You miss breaking points, don't know where to turn in or get on the power, etc. then as you become familiar and get used to the environment' everything seems to slow down. That is what I meant :)

As for the oil, I'm amazed how often you need to change it. In my oval session of an hour, I changed oil twice after starting with fresh! It goes down 2-3 HP every 20 or so laps :odd:

P.S. you have to slow down Al, us Div3 guys are getting a complex :scared:

Ah OK! Sorry about the splits, just have to get out there and pass me! I think I may be joining you in D3 soon anyway, so I am just practising! :sly:

Al

Ah OK! Sorry about the splits, just have to get out there and pass me! I think I may be joining you in D3 soon anyway, so I am just practising! :sly:

Al

I share youre thoughts Al, new splits are here :)

Would it be OK to post a video of my oval lap for others to critique? Not sure if this infringes on the spirit of the WRS TT...

Combo seems fun, Kevin, but I'm still unable to withstand the seat time to get splits worthy of posting. :ouch:

Maybe next week. :indiff:

I'm racing today at 305 pp and 650 pp, I will setup a room around Midnight EST....see you.

I think he did post in the wrong thread.

Also, I think I'm going to focus on the oval today and then the road course for the rest of the time. Now to find a good oval setup.

I'm racing today at 305 pp and 650 pp, I will setup a room around Midnight EST....see you.

Nice tag line: "Good Tunning=WIN!"

Definition of 'tunning', to put into a tun. Definition of 'tun', a large beer cask. Sounds like a WIN to me :D

Forgot sustained high speeds tends to wear down power faster. Not even 180 miles and the power had already started to drop.

Actually, in a final session I was able to improve, got to submit again, :)

*** Mods: if this is not allowed, please delete the post! ***

Here is a vid of my oval lap. Sorry about the quality, I was just holding a camera:crazy: (Is there an easy way to get a video other than this?)

I'm miffed as to why I can't get going any quicker...

Edit: I should add my set-up too!
RH 10/-15
Springs 20.0/9.7
Shocks (both) 10/1
ARB 7/1
Camber 2.0/2.0
Toe +.70/-.70
LSD 5/40/20
DF 35/55
Brakes 2/2 (ABS off)
Tranny
5th 1.263
6th 1.090
CWP 3.261
As you can see I have used EDK's baseline and have played with a LOT of stuff, but nothing really helped apart from the rear DF. I found I could maintain 1 MPH more through turns 1/2 with the reduced toe, but no improvement in lap time...

Last edited:
Don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. We are posting our lap times as per requirements, and sector 1 videos get posted frequently by Vagabond.

Of course, if I'm wrong, one of the mods will say otherwise.

Back