GTP_WRS Leaderboard Discussion and Feedback

• Thread starter steven
  • 1,073 comments

Nice Daniel, it shouldn't be that hard to implement. Design wise I'd rather have the horizontally instead of vertically, so I guess a (stacked)bar or plot chart will do the trick as well.

I have some other stuff to fix first, but will probably fix this somewhere in the future.

:cheers:

If you kept the graph vertical, then it could be an expandable column in the main LB page. The graph limits would be set dynamically to the high and low times in the event. Just the thought that popped in my head as I read the posts.:)

If you kept the graph vertical, then it could be an expandable column in the main LB page. The graph limits would be set dynamically to the high and low times in the event. Just the thought that popped in my head as I read the posts.:)

Thanks for the suggestion, it's not ideal as it would not be visible, i'm thinking about introducing some 'tab' of some sorts where you get some statistical info.

EDK
That's a consideration.

Would you normally memorize your best lap? Or keep a record of it on your phone?
I know you've addressed this already, but I had to throw my 2 cents in. I run my wrs trials from the cab of my semi truck on my down time and sometimes I'm not near a computer for 5-6 days until I can get home. Is this gonna be a problem for me to submit a replay? Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just trying to figure out how I'll need to go about this.

I know you've addressed this already, but I had to throw my 2 cents in. I run my wrs trials from the cab of my semi truck on my down time and sometimes I'm not near a computer for 5-6 days until I can get home. Is this gonna be a problem for me to submit a replay? Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just trying to figure out how I'll need to go about this.

As long as you post the replay within 48 hours after the deadline that is not a problem. You can submit at any time during the week, you can also submit with your phone if you want, so even on the road you could submit that is not a problem.

You have to submit before the deadline anyways, so might as well post your replay with that to be on the safe side.

Let me reword that. Sometimes I'll leave out Friday and won't be back until the following Thursday night or Friday morning. If I run a better time on Saturday, Sunday or Monday, I can submit but I won't be able to provide a replay until after the deadline.

Let me reword that. Sometimes I'll leave out Friday and won't be back until the following Thursday night or Friday morning. If I run a better time on Saturday, Sunday or Monday, I can submit but I won't be able to provide a replay until after the deadline.

We haven't even started yet and already you're asking for special treatment. :lol: (I know, shut up Mitch. :lol:)

We haven't even started yet and already you're asking for special treatment. :lol: (I know, shut up Mitch. :lol:)

That's right! Shut up Mitch! lol Its actually a moot argument now. I got a new job and I'll be able to submit on Sundays and then just upload the replay on Monday after I get finished with my run. Just gotta get a new ps3 soon

That's right! Shut up Mitch! lol Its actually a moot argument now. I got a new job and I'll be able to submit on Sundays and then just upload the replay on Monday after I get finished with my run. Just gotta get a new ps3 soon

That's cool. As always Brandon, look forward to the friendly competition again this go around. Hopefully we can push each other right up to D1 Gold. 👍 Happy Holidays Brandon.....and to everyone else as well. :cheers:

Don't think I'll be taking it as serious this time around. Stressed me out chasing tenths to much. I'll just run it when I got the free time. Merry Christmas and happy New year Mitch.

Just an observation I've wanted to say since week 1 of GT5 WRS.. :lol: The colours for Div 2 and 3 aren't colour blind friendly and I have been suffering all this time :(

Just thought it might be interesting to know, they both look green to me (Div3 green), I have to stare at them for a few seconds to actually notice a difference and even then I'm not too sure what colour division 2 is (orange..?).

Anyway, Merry Christmas :)

Yes Div 2 is orange. I just looked it up and seems you see greens and yellows this way.

roodgroenprobleem.jpg

For you this pic is probably both the same or something but it'll be a good reference for us.

Well, I'd suggest to make one of them a lighter shade of the colour (green or orange) perhaps. But please don't feel you need to change them, it was just an observation. I've managed fine so far :)

@chris, The image on the right just seems strange (apple and chilies?), they look desaturated or something. The best test I've seen was using numbers hidden in a pattern with different colours. I could hardly see any of them :lol:

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I have an idea for the leaderboard and splits. Since gt6 only shows one decimal place in the replay, I've found a way to keep the current system but it requires a bit of calculation, and I figured since the LB does calculations anyway it wouldn't be a big deal. So here goes, when watching the replay after the first sector you can see the time with all three digits above the one with one decimal. so for example the replay will show 49.189 at the top then show only 49.1 at the bottom part, after sector 2 it will show the total of sector 1 and 2 at the top, assuming this is accurate and not like gt5 you can get the exact sector 2 time by subtracting the total from sector 1, and so on and so forth. So for the leaderboard we could post splits like this

38.503 sector 1 time
58.749 sector 1+2 time

(20.246 calculated sector
2 time)

And the LB would do the math and find the missing sector 2

Yep, mentioned it in the Registry discussion thread. ;)
There is a way to see your splits from a best lap replay.
Pause the replay, make sure the time in showing on the middle of your screen and FF to T1. Now you will see your T1 time. FF again and you hop to T2. Subtract T1 from that and you'll get your T2 time. For T3 you just need to subtract the time you saw in the replay at T2 from your laptime.
There you go, you now know all your sector times. :)

Can ee move all the divisions up one grade, like div2 gold becomes div 1 bronze, div1 bronze becomes d1 silver, d1 silver becomes div 1 gold and div 1 gold becomes alien status with their own special little icon?
alien_guise_icon.png

I know. Dumb idea. Just was on my mind, thought I'd share.

I give up on trying with this phone on this site.

Last edited:
It's not a dumb idea but actually pretty cool, it could be an honour and a goal to be(come) an alien, but the downside is that there are not that many aliens and you won't have that many 'aliens' competing in a week. Nobody wants to race against themselves, so keeping them in D1 is better I think.

Hi all! I'm new in WRS competitions and I have a few questions.

1. How many racers are participating per week and how many in each division?
2. How does the system works i.e. how are the times for lap separated in each division.
3. If I can't submit every single replay every single week which will be the consequences? Will I be eliminated?
4. Since I'm starting now in GT6 will I be in the lower division or can I enter to any other?

ps: I'm sorry for bad english.

Ok guys, another HUGE update to the board, i've been busy rewriting the whole leaderboard from scratch.

Although the board worked fine, the code was already 4 years old and was still based on the initial prototype I created way back. To improve the maintainability and improve the overall quality of the code I decided to do a total rewrite a while ago.

Opening up the qualifier in Fetchy marked the first step, as this rewrite had to be mostly done before we could open the registry up as the code to process the replays in GT6 was all in this new codebase.

For the technical guys out there, I rewrote the board using state of the art technology (Symfony 2, twig, doctrine etc) and a lot of Test-Driven-Development. I created 600 unittests, 750+ assertions and handful CodeCeption tests. The quality of the codebase has drastically improved and is ready for the future again.

This has been a hell of a job, as still isn't 100% finished yet. Because of the vast amount of work I didn't change any visual stuff on the board, so that should _look_ the same, although all underlying code, including the database structure has been totally redone. Some functionality on the board is not implemented yet, such as the new user statistics I implemented a while ago, but i'm planning to redo that as well and it will return.

When all of this is complete i'm planning on taking on the interface and making it responsive aka mobile optimized/compatible so you can all view it properly on your mobile phones and tablets, but that's something for the future, don't expect this anytime soon, as that's a lot of work as well... if any designers reading this have ideas on how we could do that and want to help out, let me know.

As always, if you guys find any bugs, let me know in this thread.

:cheers:
Joost

600 unit tests - sweet work! Nice to see TDD being used, something I'm an advocate of in the right situations

I'm not familiar with any of the frameworks you've mentioned, but I'd imagine the principals are the same.

👍

@JoosBaksteen, just a minor thing: when you hover over the controller in the LB, it shows a code instead of the controller name.

EDIT: oh, and the fastest 2nd sector time doesn't get picked up by the theoretical fastest time at the bottom

Last edited:
Back