GTP_WRS Leaderboard Discussion and Feedback

• Thread starter steven
  • 1,073 comments
@JoosBaksteen, just a minor thing: when you hover over the controller in the LB, it shows a code instead of the controller name.
The board is a WIP right now. Joost did a ton of work to get it up and running so we could have an event for you this week, but many features have been left out (for now).

@JoosBaksteen, just a minor thing: when you hover over the controller in the LB, it shows a code instead of the controller name.

EDIT: oh, and the fastest 2nd sector time doesn't get picked up by the theoretical fastest time at the bottom

The fastest sector times is still something i'm working on but the controller hover has been fixed, thanks 👍

No biggie for me, but my splits aren't updating and I think a few others are having the same issues, I had this in the last few weeks of gt5 as well so it looks like it carried over.

Cheers!
Matt

No biggie for me, but my splits aren't updating and I think a few others are having the same issues, I had this in the last few weeks of gt5 as well so it looks like it carried over.

Cheers!
Matt

Fixed, first posts on a page are properly parsed now as well.

But because Fetchy hasn't processed these first posts yet, it will try to do so now, but if you've posted any new splits these may be overwritten, if that happens, just post your newest splits again and it will be fixed.

Changelog for today:

- Fixed displaying of the controller when hovering over the controller icon
- When changing your controller through Fetchy, Fetchy now always updates the historical data with the new controller where it was unknown
- Updated the track image for week 1
- Fixed flags on the board where it would show 'n/a' for users that did have a valid nationality
- Fixed small 404 issues with country flags
- Changing your region through Fetchy didn't work as expect, fixed
- Removed the region from the results page, as GT6 is region free
- Show a questionmark on the board if the user' controller is unknown
- Fixed bug where the first post of a new page would not be parsed for splits

drunkbaby-1.jpg

Looks like Fetchy is not properly picking up the first post of a page...

That's because he spends all his time being a voyeur! :P Seriously, all that watching can't be good for him?Let's just hope it's restricted to voyeurism and doesn't descend into cross-dressing or such :eek:

I know you've just finished a marathon recoding of the board Joost, but do you have a future plan to implement the red and brown splits again?

:cheers:

That's because he spends all his time being a voyeur! :P Seriously, all that watching can't be good for him?Let's just hope it's restricted to voyeurism and doesn't descend into cross-dressing or such :eek:

Hehe, I think we should be fine :P

I know you've just finished a marathon recoding of the board Joost, but do you have a future plan to implement the red and brown splits again?

Yes/no, I'm planning on getting it back, but in some other, and better form :)

Love the Leaderboard, really eye catching, so much information. Well done.
Hope this is the place to ask - how do I enter my controller/wheel option.

Also, at the base of the Leaderboard is "Theoretical fastest time".
Should it be: 23.942 (fastest split 1) + 24.850 (fastest sector 2) = 48.792
Hope I've not missed something and made a complete fool of myself.

Is there anyway to sort the leaderboard by division?

Also, it's not letting me see the GT5 & GT5P rounds, it just re-loads the current GT6 round.

Implemented it on the way home from work. Behind the scenes @manumanu19 volunteered to help out with making the board responsive and has already made some nice designs on how we could fix that. One idea was making the fastest split purple and the fastest div splits green which I really liked, so I implemented it in that way.

Love the Leaderboard, really eye catching, so much information. Well done.
Hope this is the place to ask - how do I enter my controller/wheel option.

Also, at the base of the Leaderboard is "Theoretical fastest time".
Should it be: 23.942 (fastest split 1) + 24.850 (fastest sector 2) = 48.792
Hope I've not missed something and made a complete fool of myself.

Thanks, and that is something i'm still working on yes.

Is there anyway to sort the leaderboard by division?

Also, it's not letting me see the GT5 & GT5P rounds, it just re-loads the current GT6 round.

Hmm, here it works fine? http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT5/week/1/ for example.

You can change the game in the dropdown where it says 'GT6'.

Sorting by division is not yet implemented in the new version, but it is on the todo list.

Nice job guys, thanks for all the hard work 👍

EDIT: Just actually had a look at the board Joost and I don't think it's implemented quite right... First sector is highlighting, as is the fastest person to the end of the second sector, but not the fastest through the second sector. For example, Chris (Vagabond) is faster than James (Twissy) in the second sector at the time of writing, but it's not highlighted...

Last edited:
For me all splits still in black, no colours for fastest per divisions?
I also don't see the theoretical fastest time

Last edited:
Click on the leaderboard, then refresh the page. That is the only way I can seem to get the purple/green sectors to show at the moment, even though I had seen them previously

Click on the leaderboard, then refresh the page. That is the only way I can seem to get the purple/green sectors to show at the moment, even though I had seen them previously

Yeah that worked, thanks! (i had to refresh a couple of times before they showed)

I am on my tablet for the moment, will try this on the laptop when i get home.

I don't know whether that's possible, it depends on whether the program that generates the LB has access to the same info as the main site, but it would be cool if (eventually) our name was highlighted in the LB, especially if this level of participation keeps up (and let's hope it does). I know it's nothing a good ol' Ctrl-F can't handle, but it would add a nice personal touch, I think.

I don't know whether that's possible, it depends on whether the program that generates the LB has access to the same info as the main site, but it would be cool if (eventually) our name was highlighted in the LB, especially if this level of participation keeps up (and let's hope it does). I know it's nothing a good ol' Ctrl-F can't handle, but it would add a nice personal touch, I think.

Yes, that's something we've been thinking about... it should be possible, possibly with just a cookie of the username you want to 'follow', that way you don't have to login in the board which would mean a lot of extra work.

Hey Joost,

Seems the leaderboard has been down for about 12 hours and isn't picking up times out of the thread.

Also, did you catch my edit from my earlier post related to highlighting the fastest drivers between sector 1 and 2, not just the fastest to reach each sector i.e. the second column?

Next to my name there aren't nationality and device used. I must change it in a way (explain me how) or you will update it in some time (As I'm new)?

Ok thank you. Done the nationality, waiting the confirm to do the controller part.
You could be waiting a while for that confirmation. With the leaderboard not updating currently, Fetchy is most likely not sending out PM's as well.

Parsing of the splits is working again, but I ran into some very nasty parsing issues with the (un)official thread :yuck:

Go ahead and continue checking the replays like you guys are already doing, the board will catch and update the flags once i'm ready, but I won't be able to finish that today, hope to have it fixed before the weekend.

@JoostBaksteen

Suggestion: Is it possible to put a filter on Fetchy for the TTs? As this screen shot demonstrates, a mistake in a submit makes a small mess of the leaderboard.

Back