GTP_WRS Leaderboard Discussion and Feedback

• Thread starter steven
  • 1,073 comments
I'm not very keen on making a super fancy filter, but before we had a possibility for the mods to edit the splits on the board, then they could easily fix this, but this is not implemented yet. So i'd rather go for that, but ollie should just post proper splits, cause this is the second time he messed up :guilty:

Hello @JoostBaksteen great work on the leaderboard, and fixes, I'm just wondering on the lack of flag for me.. No UAE. I'm wondering if it is a fetchy thing or if it hasn't been created?

Thanks, Steve

Hi Guys,
Would it be possible to insert an additional column showing the gap/difference as a percentage. Although I don't have a problem working it out I believe it will be a useful tool, especially for the ones of us at the wrong end of the table.
Excuse me for not knowing who to address this to.

Hi Guys,
Would it be possible to insert an additional column showing the gap/difference as a percentage. Although I don't have a problem working it out I believe it will be a useful tool, especially for the ones of us at the wrong end of the table.
Excuse me for not knowing who to address this to.

Although its a good idea I don't see much space for it. Especially when were going responsive as well.

If you have a great idea where to put it let me know preferably with a screenshot/mockup.

During GT5 it was able to select the spilt and sector times. That way i could easily see how i'm doing in each individual sector. Joost, think we can get that back?

So I'm basically new to the WRS really, joined in with GT6 really. Although I'm loving it here, I'm finding it a bit hard to wrap my head around the whole result system. I've read the related guides and threads and I think I have a rough idea of what it all means, but just to clear the cobwebs, I thought I'd ask here for a clear explanation.

Every week the "un-official" results are put up. At the top of the thread, it is is my understanding, are the lap times and the resultant positions in each division, am I right?

Scrolling down below, one sees subdivisions Gold, Silver and Bronze. I figured that part out. However, beside each name is a (Divison/ handicap). A positive handicap indicates I haven't done as well as my fellow divison mates doesn't it?

But here comes the real question. Handicapped Results. I see a second added to my original time with a 0.xxx number beside it. Could someone explain the meaning and the purpose behind this?

Here are my Week 3 and Week 4 results to give some context to my questions:

Week 3: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-3-official-results.302729/ ( Number 34 in Divison 2)
Week 4: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-4-unofficial-results.303325/ (Number 18 in divsion 2)

I really can't seem to gauge my performance and decide if I'm improving or not. I would genuinely appreciate it if someone could explain the whole thing in terms of my results.

Thank you :)

@rambo793

Negative handicap is shown by (-x.xxx) and this means you've improved. If you get a positive handicap as I have been it means I'm not improving. The lower the numbers that are in the positive like (0.001) or something are good, high numbers (1.999) or something are bad, and the reverse for negative handicap.

The handicapped results are confusing, but I just look at the handicap figure on the right and not the laptimes it mentions. The higher you are in the handicapped results the better of course and any number with a "-" before it on the results is good.

@rambo793 basicaly you want to look at the 2nd list in the unofficial result thread where you can see the handicap(negative or positive) that you had in that event
later when the registry is updated (see GT6 registry thread) you can see two numbers next to your name, the 1st one is the handicap you got on your qualifier, and the second one is the current handicap you are at, if you never had a negative handicap result the 2nd number will be the same as your qualifier since theres no penalty for a bad result at this moment, and if you had a negative handicap in one event, you will see the effect on the 2nd number wich will reflect the current handicap once its updated in the registry. you can also see your current place in the division on the leaderboard by clicking ''registry'' on the top. :)

You can also see when you are getting closer to the next division, the handicap for each divisions are shown on top of each of them.

thats how you can easily follow your improvement, if that was your question.

Please note that, lets say a -0.449 handicap result in an event, will not shave -0.449 off your qualifier result, theres more involved in the calculation, thats where my understanding of the system stop :lol:

Hi @JoosBaksteen My division, class and flag seem to be incorrect on the leaderboard? I've updated my nationality a couple times to fetchy but it keeps reverting back. Its no problem as it shows a Uk flag instead of scottish but maybe sum sort of bug? Thanks

Hi @JoosBaksteen My division, class and flag seem to be incorrect on the leaderboard? I've updated my nationality a couple times to fetchy but it keeps reverting back. Its no problem as it shows a Uk flag instead of scottish but maybe sum sort of bug? Thanks

You need to update your splits on the LB to show your new Division. If you've changed your Flag as well since the last splits then that could also be why it's not showing as changed.

Repost the same splits and it should you as D3.

You need to update your splits on the LB to show your new Division. If you've changed your Flag as well since the last splits then that could also be why it's not showing as changed.

Repost the same splits and it should you as D3.

I did see Fetchy updating everybodies nationality from the official registry each day. I've disabled that now, so it shouldn't change back anymore.

Ok thanks will do that!

@rambo793

Negative handicap is shown by (-x.xxx) and this means you've improved. If you get a positive handicap as I have been it means I'm not improving. The lower the numbers that are in the positive like (0.001) or something are good, high numbers (1.999) or something are bad, and the reverse for negative handicap.

The handicapped results are confusing, but I just look at the handicap figure on the right and not the laptimes it mentions. The higher you are in the handicapped results the better of course and any number with a "-" before it on the results is good.
@rambo793 basicaly you want to look at the 2nd list in the unofficial result thread where you can see the handicap(negative or positive) that you had in that event
later when the registry is updated (see GT6 registry thread) you can see two numbers next to your name, the 1st one is the handicap you got on your qualifier, and the second one is the current handicap you are at, if you never had a negative handicap result the 2nd number will be the same as your qualifier since theres no penalty for a bad result at this moment, and if you had a negative handicap in one event, you will see the effect on the 2nd number wich will reflect the current handicap once its updated in the registry. you can also see your current place in the division on the leaderboard by clicking ''registry'' on the top. :)

You can also see when you are getting closer to the next division, the handicap for each divisions are shown on top of each of them.

thats how you can easily follow your improvement, if that was your question.

Please note that, lets say a -0.449 handicap result in an event, will not shave -0.449 off your qualifier result, theres more involved in the calculation, thats where my understanding of the system stop :lol:

Thanks alot guys, it's alot more clearer to me now.
After 4 events with the WRS, finally got a negative handicap number in Evnt #4. A "-0.06". It was a "1.3xx" prior to that. So that means, I'm moving up gradually aren't I? Joy :dopey:

Thanks again, both of you. Appreciate it :cheers:

When you click on a driver on the leaderboard, it shows his results from GT5 on top of the page and below them those from GT6.
I was wondering if it's possible to put the GT6 results on top, since those are the most recent.

When you click on a driver on the leaderboard, it shows his results from GT5 on top of the page and below them those from GT6.
I was wondering if it's possible to put the GT6 results on top, since those are the most recent.

Nice, fixed, I also fixed the bug where clicking the 'previous' button on a results week would put you on the splits page of the previous week, that is now the results week again :)

Also reduced the width of the replay icon column on the results page, now we don't display the region anymore, this leave more space for the rest, and nicely centered the image as well.

Oh, and most important of all, fixed the syncing problems we had since this morning.

:cheers:

On the leaderboard it seems it's reverted to my old GTP account witch was hacked and no longer use.
How do I go about getting it switched back to the current psn I'm using for the WRS ?

Back