GTP_WRS-Online : 2013 WRS F1 Championship (PASM Champion!)

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 924 comments
We didn't actually run a full length race today, but gooners, Wardez and myself had a little free run practice and then a 20 lap test race. All I can say is wow, the dirty air is quite incredible. Be prepared for that otherwise you'll be caught way off guard.

Paul, you should gather all the synonyms of "push" or "aero push" for your broadcast.

IDEA: That last sentence made me think of something. Maybe each driver should submit a little fact sheet to oink... just a bullet point list of "quick facts" about the person and oink can reference those as appropriate during the broadcast... If this sounds like a good idea we could develop a quick questionnaire with some common questions and obviously people are free to add anything else they think interesting. Each driver would submit the filled out form directly to oink -- that could be via google forms or just a PM -- we'll decide later -- but it wouldn't have to be put in this thread or published anywhere -- just stuff that oink could say during the broadcast. Oink can print that stuff out and have it as reference material during the race. Thoughts?

WRP001
We didn't actually run a full length race today, but gooners, Wardez and myself had a little free run practice and then a 20 lap test race. All I can say is wow, the dirty air is quite incredible. Be prepared for that otherwise you'll be caught way off guard.

Paul, you should gather all the synonyms of "push" or "aero push" for your broadcast.

IDEA: That last sentence made me think of something. Maybe each driver should submit a little fact sheet to oink... just a bullet point list of "quick facts" about the person and oink can reference those as appropriate during the broadcast... If this sounds like a good idea we could develop a quick questionnaire with some common questions and obviously people are free to add anything else they think interesting. Each driver would submit the filled out form directly to oink -- that could be via google forms or just a PM -- we'll decide later -- but it wouldn't have to be put in this thread or published anywhere -- just stuff that oink could say during the broadcast. Oink can print that stuff out and have it as reference material during the race. Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea :)

I'm really looking forward to broadcasting this race probably as much as you guys are looking forward to racing! 👍

Ill look forward to watching it :).

Genius mate im 100% on that idea! I could create a quick google form with some questions and send it out on the thread or via PM's and collect data through google. That way it's minimum effort on the part of the drivers.

Am I ok to use a lobby for a bit? Ill jump in one but let me know if it needs to be used for anything....

Genius mate im 100% on that idea! I could create a quick google form with some questions and send it out on the thread or via PM's and collect data through google. That way it's minimum effort on the part of the drivers.

I say go for it. It's of course optional for every driver -- the entire form or any individual question can be skipped, but if they want interesting tidbits for you to say about them during the broadcast they should submit something. I know I will. :dopey:

Once you have it developed and have the link post it to the thread and I'll copy it to the OP and/or registration post as well. I don't think you need to PM all the drivers, they should be watching the thread.

Best I got in 20 laps was 1'11.8, but a slight touch in sector three so no submission to the practice board.

I can see lots of time in lots of areas but needs a lot more practice. Lowered my wheel SEN to 440 degrees, couldn't make the tight turns otherwise!

Pretty impressive times up there, I think I have a better chance of competitiveness at the other tracks ;)

Best I got in 20 laps was 1'11.8, but a slight touch in sector three so no submission to the practice board.

I can see lots of time in lots of areas but needs a lot more practice. Lowered my wheel SEN to 440 degrees, couldn't make the tight turns otherwise!

Pretty impressive times up there, I think I have a better chance of competitiveness at the other tracks ;)

What tune are you using? I got faster immediately with a softer setup that allowed me to avoid the jumps... first sector has a couple major areas where the car will go weightless when it's too stiff and of course the chicane rumble.

I wish I could adjust the steering ratio like you can because the hairpin is still hit or miss for me. My hit rate is going up, but it shouldn't have to be like this. 180 degree turns of the wheel should be enough without having to hit the gas and spin the thing around like a top!

Yeah for F1/X2010 and Rally I drop my wheel sens to 540 (1 & 1/2 turns lock to lock). 👍

What tune are you using? I got faster immediately with a softer setup that allowed me to avoid the jumps... first sector has a couple major areas where the car will go weightless when it's too stiff and of course the chicane rumble.

I wish I could adjust the steering ratio like you can because the hairpin is still hit or miss for me. My hit rate is going up, but it shouldn't have to be like this. 180 degree turns of the wheel should be enough without having to hit the gas and spin the thing around like a top!

Used my own tune that got me a good result at the WRS TT @ Spa last year. It is rock hard. I changed the gearbox though, obviously ;)

I may try something softer next time. I didn't look up any tunes, just tried mine so far 👍

Alright guys. Id be more that up for this, after IMO binned his perfect series and CAS binned his. I understand about the GTP Directory, and sometime on sunday I'll get to work submitting my time. Had a quick read about it, I'll probably be in the lowest league.

P.S. Can't be to certain yet but I might skip monaco. It's a DFGT Killer I tell thee! And I see that someone will be broadcasting Live video of the events. Cool Stuff. I used to broadcast IMO's series. May I ask would you be broadcasting on Twitch tv or somewhere else. I have a small following that used to love watching me race so It's possible I might be able to get them to raid the show.

I think it will be on oinks livestream gazzi unless they have something else in mind, I won't post the link though until that's confirmed but you can find it pretty easy :)!

i wish i could adjust the steering ratio like you can because the hairpin is still hit or miss for me. My hit rate is going up, but it shouldn't have to be like this. 180 degree turns of the wheel should be enough without having to hit the gas and spin the thing around like a top!

+1

Time to ditch the T500s boys? ;)

CSR elite? Or that silly one that costs a much as a house....

It does bring a downside - when you're off the pace, you fiddle about with it to it heaven,for no reason or good effect :lol:

As soon as I see a fanatec sold at Costco I will consider it.

Kidding aside, will see what wheel support is like on PS4 and change at that point.

I'm planning a practice session in about 45 minutes, I'll be in the lounge B then.

Had a nice little practice with Bart and Litchi... Bart can easily out pace me by about 0.75 per lap, but in a race with me out front it was nearly impossible for him to get the gap under 1 second -- although not hard to get from 2 secs to 1 -- due to the dirty air.

This one is going to come down to good starting position, mistake avoidance and solid strategy -- unless the driver on pole can get away and run away. Given the importance of pole position Q3 of knockout qualifying should be quite intense! There will be a lot on the line. Here's hoping I can manage to be a part of it (i.e. make it through Q2). :sly:

I kind of afraid the mistakes :nervous:
If i spin and there are drivers just behing me what shall i do. If i put autopilot on it burns my tires when it tries to turn my car right direction. If i do nothing they might crash on me and we'll have rushhour.
So no mistake on whole race or may be just trying to void one and low speed down a bit when there's faster driver behind me and going to lap me.

jammy21
I kind of afraid the mistakes :nervous:
If i spin and there are drivers just behing me what shall i do. If i put autopilot on it burns my tires when it tries to turn my car right direction. If i do nothing they might crash on me and we'll have rushhour.
So no mistake on whole race or may be just trying to void one and low speed down a bit when there's faster driver behind me and going to lap me.

Get it stopped as soon as possible, hold the brake an press start. That's the best we can do, unfortunately there's a good chance that there will be a pile up somewhere.

Yes - hand brake and then start. Ok now i'm back to practice...

Personally, I'm hoping we can manage to split in two lounges as it will significantly reduce the frequency of issues... they're still bound to happen, but with 14-15 on this track at once it might be pandemonium.

Practicing getting into "ghost mode" quickly is something every driver should do regardless of their expected pace. Map the e-brake somewhere convenient and just get used to the sequence of "e-brake" / "start" and if you spin around make that your first reaction. Check map quick and proceed to get back on the line only if the coast is clear.

PS> In the week before the race we'll be issuing official "blue flag" guidelines/recommendations as we expect lapping to be somewhat frequent. That guideline will list track sections where you should get off the racing line and spots where the driver needs to just continue at race pace even if they are slightly holding up a lead lap car. e.g. in the middle of the swimming pool section is not a place to try and pull out of the way and slow down. On the other hand braking going into the chicane and pulling off line is a perfect spot or after the chicane pulling to the left and allowing an overtake well before the left hand turn. Trying to avoid "splitting" two lead lap cars in a battle is something to keep in mind. These are just examples... we'll publish the guide and allow a few days for discussions and suggestions.

In order to support a better live stream for this event we're giving each driver the chance to give our broadcaster (oink) some background information about themselves.

Filling out the form is completely optional. You can skip the entire form, fill out just a few questions or inundate him with information... that's up to you! Just remember by submitting this information you are giving express permission for it to be used during the broadcast, during highlight video production and/or written race reports.

Also feel free to fill in some information now and resubmit the form with additional information later. I'll add a link to the OP and the registration posts which will point to this form as well.

Last edited:
With a best lap of 1:14.2, I doubt I have pace to race at monaco. I'm thinking to cancel my registration..

I plan to host an open practice tomorrow at 18:00-20:00 GMT. We're going to run it in a public lobby so that those of you who are in the process of qualifying for the registry can join us without having to be added to the 3D3 lobby (e.g. gazziboy).

I'll post the lobby # once the room is set up. The practice will consist primarily of 15 minute free run periods followed by 15 lap sprint races. We'll use the automatic race timer feature set to 15 minutes and let the room cycle for 2 hours.

If people are still in the lounge at 20:00 GMT feel free to keep it going, but I'll have to log out at that time.

Back