GTP_WRS-Online : General Discussion

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
Let's move this general discussion into the general discussion thread before the weekly online thread gets move into archive.

Move EU 1 or 2 hours earlier. Moving timings will always benefit one and be disadvantageous for another. Take @Fastas for example, waiting for his kid (s) to get to bed first.
I copied them. There was a bit regarding the races as well, and really the conversation had a lot more posts, I copied 24 of them. :eek:

You are both an online and TT steward in the Mod CP, so you should have some mod privileges in these forums as well. I'm not sure how far those extend, and I don't mind doing it. Just making sure you realize.

Dull dumb 🤬 here had NEVER known about this thread. Thanks Kev for reposting all from the other location !!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.

Remember tonight is Beer Night. Guys will be up all evening in both US and Europe. Join in and have some fun and race a bit. Look for room with friends in it... most likely labeled WRS BEER ROOM or some such. Also remember live stream from Bathurst this weekend.
http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/streams-tv/international-streaming/

I'm already on USB hub and keyboard now to be able to type more easily in the lobby.

20180217_105228.jpg

20180216_105613.jpg

typing while driving ought to be illegal:lol:. Nice set up. I have a wireless keyboard but nothing to put it on...but like you I could use my leather office chair...lol

anyone who has DISCORD installed on your phone please add me to your friend list
Mine is, of course, Nail.
You mean Nail#4222

I'm at GTP_Gravitron#6371, but honestly I hate the app and Ned and I couldn't get it working on our smartphones a couple weeks ago...spent an hour fiddling with that thing.

Thx I looked into the current time trial,

how many laps can I drive? Didn't found a limit posted.

And where I have to upload replays?

Thx I looked into the current time trial,

how many laps can I drive? Didn't found a limit posted.

And where I have to upload replays?

Time trials are about a single fastest lap. You can take as many goes as you like at trying to get a fastest time but as you hit a new best time then post your splits in the thread for the TT. You can post splits as often as you like and we encourage you to post. Normally we post the first 2 or 3 splits but the opening post for the TT will tell you. The TT's run for a week and we normally post the new one on a Sunday (we posted early this week and did it Saturday). All the information you need is in the opening post for each TT and to find them head over to this forum

When it comes to sharing your replay you simply share it via the PD servers using the in-game share functions. Please never share a replay until after the TT deadline as sharing prematurely could get your lap disqualified.

Any question just post in the thread for the on-going TT and we'll try to help you.

...and welcome to the WRS, nice to have you on board :cheers:

I had just been browsing the OE section to see what else had been going on lately - have the weekly events based on the last weeks TT stopped? Lack of attendance? Just wondering what might be up next :dopey:

I had just been browsing the OE section to see what else had been going on lately - have the weekly events based on the last weeks TT stopped? Lack of attendance? Just wondering what might be up next :dopey:
We are bringing them back.

Low attendance for some time, but we had restarted some last November. But attendance was still not what I would have wanted.

When the COVID lockdowns happened, we started these special events up, for 6 straight weekends now.

My post here let's you know what we are thinking.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-128-toyota-toge.393558/#post-13091072

Hey guys were are going to restart real time endurance racing with real driver changes that will allow full length races like we did in GT6 but without all the hassle, photos, and the lack of gaps and other info. If you are interested message me and I will add you to the convo I have started to get the ball rolling. We had this ready to go a year ago but it fizzled out due to people leaving GTS for other Sims. In order to run a 6 hour race we need at least 10 teams of 2or 3 and three hosts (who can be drivers).

If there is enough interest I will post the convo introduction here

Cheers and check 6

Is there a race this Saturday? I'm a bit confused as was there a missed week? Anyway keen for WW of the Goodwood race.
Well, I was "off" this week and did not make a thread.

For tomorrow, I was thinking we might do a sprint at Goodwood, and some future week testing with the group to decide on some combos.

I am thinking we will go for popular vote combos vs. We have not used this yet combos. Participation is thinning.

I would expect that to shoot back up with GT7 though. I guess sport has been out a while now and maybe ACC / iRacing have taken peoples attention lately? The Porsche at Tsukuba combo got 15 or so I think?

Last edited:
EDK
Well, I was "off" this week and did not make a thread.

For tomorrow, I was thinking we might do a sprint at Goodwood, and some future week testing with the group to decide on some combos.

I am thinking we will go for popular vote combos vs. We have not used this yet combos. Participation is thinning.
Sounds great. 1900 GMT as per usual? See you guys there.

I would expect that to shoot back up with GT7 though. I guess sport has been out a while now and maybe ACC / iRacing have taken peoples attention lately? The Porsche at Tsukuba combo got 15 or so I think?
Yes, correct. But no reason to torture those who are left with the dregs of the game. Let's celebrate the best it has to offer. That's all I mean.

Limit track rotation to popular tracks, and revisit popular cars. Don't use reverse rally tracks and crappy Vision GT cars.

Sounds great. 1900 GMT as per usual? See you guys there.
Yes, same time as usual today. 👍

Last edited:
EDK
Let's celebrate the best it has to offer. That's all I mean.

Limit track rotation to popular tracks, and revisit popular cars. Don't use reverse rally tracks and crappy Vision GT cars.

That sounds fun to me! :gtpflag:

Back