GTP_WRS-Online : General Discussion

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
Saturday I whacked my left foot on the coffee table, (barefoot of course). I will bet most of us have done something similar at least once. Except that this time I darn near tore my little toe clean off my foot, and also fractured the 5th metatarsal as well.. :lol: So it's all taped up now.. I will need to be careful, but hopefully in a couple weeks I can get back to racing.. See you all fairly soon..👍

:gtpflag:

Saturday I whacked my left foot on the coffee table, (barefoot of course). I will bet most of us have done something similar at least once. Except that this time I darn near tore my little toe clean off my foot, and also fractured the 5th metatarsal as well.. :lol: So it's all taped up now.. I will need to be careful, but hopefully in a couple weeks I can get back to racing.. See you all fairly soon..👍

I hope you have a speedy recovery JT (I think braking is overrated anyway :lol:)

It'll be fine, nothings displaced.. Just need to keep it taped down and keep it still for a few weeks..
Thanks All..

Ouch, that must hurt.

Haven't hit my food that hard (yet), hopefully you can get better soon!

The story behind my usual racing number, #47.

The number 47 is the number of the house that I grew up in and which has been always a good home to me and my family. I'm not very superstitious, but 4 is the lucky number of my mom and 7 is a number often recurring in religious tales.

Ouch, that must hurt.

Haven't hit my food that hard (yet), hopefully you can get better soon!

Thanks Mike, it should heal up good.. ER gave me the special shoe with the rigid mid sole and Velcro straps to keep it lashed down and stationary so the bones can knit together.. Unfortunately I have a LOT of experience with broken bones.
It'd be great if this can be the last time though..:lol:

Thanks to you for the comment, and also Bart and Rudd Racer, and everyone..:cheers:

Dang Euclid, I've only broken an arm and with a cast+sling that's super easy to just ignore, toes must be a bloody nightmare! Hope your recovery goes by as smoothly as it can.

I prefer to run under #13 because simply put, more people actively avoid it than any other number, so in my search for a number nobody else would want, it seemed the logical choice. In addition to that, every time a Friday 13th rolled around I usually had a pretty good day while everyone else was talking about endless bad luck.

I ran it in MWM to moderate success in my battles with @TNR_KING_FILO, and (by chance) it was selected to be our LMP3 number for the GTPlanet Endurance Series. Armed with my number, our totally unknown team went on an absolutely MEGA run, taking 4/5 wins for the season with varying degrees of skill, strategy and blind luck.
The #13 has treated me very well. By ignoring the notion it is unlucky, I've found it to be rather lucky for me in my racing endeavours.

Dam Jt rest up as much as you can - get well soon.

I'll start with my number, 45:

The story behind my usual racing number, #47.

I prefer to run under #13

I just us my age for my number currently 35, I hope some day to get it in to the 60's :lol:

I feel like I want to quit online racing forever. I'm hardly competitive anymore, I'm TOO consistent to the point I sacrifice speed for it, I'm not having fun, and I'm tired of being the slowest guy out there.

This is a sport for the steering wheel people, not me. I'm very close to just giving up all of it. I just... don't know what to do.

@StigsTC actually if you got through the broken arm easily it means your fairly tough, those hurt.:bowdown:👍
Broken ribs are among the worst (even just one), because it's hard to breathe and impossible to get comfortable at night.

Last edited:
I feel like I want to quit online racing forever. I'm hardly competitive anymore, I'm TOO consistent to the point I sacrifice speed for it, I'm not having fun, and I'm tired of being the slowest guy out there.

This is a sport for the steering wheel people, not me. I'm very close to just giving up all of it. I just... don't know what to do.

Don't know why I'm only seeing this a month later :confused: 'because you've just been popping in and out you idiot and not really reading anything' a voice in my head said.

Anyway felt like responding by writing this EDIT: 5000 word essay.

if your not finding it fun maybe giving it a rest will help. I've found in the year I've been taking part that I've had my low's wondering what am I doing trying to compete with these guys. Some weeks I pull my hair out in frustration wondering what the hell how are they doing that. 🤬 it can make me 🤬 :mad::mad::mad: :banghead::banghead::banghead: .
Then I end up remembering some of the reason's why I joined, I like playing GT but got so fed up with the arcade races and online TT's, I needed something more fun and more enjoyable, The guys here are all :cool: and don't care how fast you are, It's nice clean racing most of the time ;), the challanges the guys set each week are... pièces de génie d'art exceptionnelles, (has PD nicked a few idea's for Gtsport? ) They can drive you nuts some weeks, others weeks they seem to suck you in. What ever your reason's where for joining, try and go back to that point. What I noticed was I slower becasue my mind-set / state of mind had changed from when I joined. Back then I didn't care where I came on the leaderboard I was just giving it a go. In the races I was too nervous and kept spining :banghead: but got the car round and drove on to have some nice battles for last :lol: . (cutting this short and getting to the point). Being consistent isn't bad, in races it can pay off and over time you'll get the speed and not notice it. until it's to late and you get pushed up a division. Don't worry about being competitive just drive for the fun off it, for the reason you play GT. If you can get back the same state of mind as when you started you might find it easier, like I did, to have fun and not really care how fast you are compared to everyone but still try to give it your best go. And of course more guys that take part the more fun it is 👍.

I voluntarily ban myself from writing anything for a month because of this brain-fart as they say... over here :lol:. Apart from splits and settings :P

'because you've just been popping in and out you idiot

No need for that... :rolleyes:

I voluntarily ban myself from writing anything for a month because of this brain-fart as they say... over here :lol:. Apart from splits and settings :P

No need for that either.

I do see the point you're trying to make, but the tough love thing goes too far when you start calling names. Have a read of the AUP :odd:

No need for that... :rolleyes:

No need for that either.

I do see the point you're trying to make, but the tough love thing goes too far when you start calling names. Have a read of the AUP :odd:

I wasn't doing any name calling or tough love :confused: I think my writing skills may be a bit off, was just trying to give some encouragement, show how I kinda felt the say at one point, give a little help by trying to explain want I did. Didn't mean to offend any one.

or have I miss understood your message because the name calling was at myself and i read these 'GTPlanet is not responsible for any messages posted nor the consequences of following any advice offered within forum posts',

I wasn't doing any name calling or tough love :confused: I think my writing skills may be a bit off, was just trying to give some encouragement, show how I kinda felt the say at one point, give a little help by trying to explain want I did. Didn't mean to offend any one.

or have I miss understood your message because the name calling was at myself and i read these 'GTPlanet is not responsible for any messages posted nor the consequences of following any advice offered within forum posts',

Now I see how you meant that sentence. It's all good, that's why I didn't hand out points for that post, because I could not exactly determine what you meant by your post.

I been lucky with numbers 7 many times in my life so I use it here too. As Bart said 7 is an importante number in mysticism too.
Eric, hope you can get to enjoy the races again. Maybe forgetting about results and focusing on having fun whatever your position on track is? Low expectations have helped me many times to appreciate the little I got from things...
I know we had our differences here but I still consider you a very good online racer, and I'm looking forward to seeing you in the lineup again. It's hard when real life seems to ruin even virtual fun...

Do WRS weekly races run officially still? Or the number of drivers has gone down resulting in unofficial races?

Do WRS weekly races run officially still? Or the number of drivers has gone down resulting in unofficial races?
Hey Ruz, welcome back. We still record results if we get 5 racers to quali and start the race. Numbers have been dwindling, but we usually get enough for an official race. I've gotten way behind on posting results, but we keep accumulating them.

Hey Ruz, welcome back. We still record results if we get 5 racers to quali and start the race. Numbers have been dwindling, but we usually get enough for an official race. I've gotten way behind on posting results, but we keep accumulating them.
Thanks for the reply Lucas.

[Only half a year worth of sticky topics?]

Anyway I once did a coasting and flywheel test (offline, very likely).

Car: Spyker C8 (assume stock, details like oil change not recorded)
Track: Sarthe
Gear: fifth only
Velocity: 210 km/h to 128 km/h
(throttle was off before dropping to 210)

With a normal clutch that took 25.14 seconds.
With a triple clutch, 20.51 seconds.

@Napalm_LT

Hey great bud pcars ,,not long for edition two comes out ...
Takes a little time to get into but yes its great then ..

Gtplanet ..p.i.t.s we are racing on sundays come join bring the others ..

Hey there guys, another bunch of decals, this time directed right here, so. 3D3 GTS logo, in three parts, the best i could do :embarrassed:

Flags
https://www.gran-turismo.com/cz/gts...llery/decal/decal/2626863/6053405262437418008

Main logo
https://www.gran-turismo.com/cz/gts...llery/decal/decal/2626863/6053400862581063704

Bottom line
https://www.gran-turismo.com/cz/gts...llery/decal/decal/2626863/4756394958572749312

6053405262437418008_1.png

6053400862581063704_1.png

4756394958572749312_1.png

This is the best i could do, those gradients are impossible to add, unless you want a Puzzle game out of it ^^ or maybe i try to make the gradient standalone, but not sure how it works, need more experimenting, until then this is the best i could provide.

Back