GTP_WRS-Online: GTP Sport Races

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 161 comments
We're planning on having a WW race this Sat and then the EU/NA races next Sunday, yes. Details still being ironed out, and experiments in Lobby mode continue.
what you just said is music to my ears. I have been looking forward to the WRS Time trials and races to be on again. Great turnout for the first week and more probably still to come. just so awesome. now I have to plan how to get out of work early Saturday. I should be fine on the sunday ones or at least the evening one. Thanks again to everyone who has made this possible. I love this game.

what you just said is music to my ears. I have been looking forward to the WRS Time trials and races to be on again. Great turnout for the first week and more probably still to come. just so awesome. now I have to plan how to get out of work early Saturday. I should be fine on the sunday ones or at least the evening one. Thanks again to everyone who has made this possible. I love this game.
Woops, I said Sunday for EU/NA but of course meant Wednesdays. Edited my post. Thanks for the kind words and your participation! :gtpflag:

Sorry, but what does WW mean? (wet and wild? :D)
WorldWide window :D means it is not so early for NA participants and not so late for EU participants. All 3 races are open for everyone, if there was no change since last time I was in. :embarrassed:

PS: looking forward to catch at least one free spot in these. :bowdown:

PS2: btw, would love to see the parity racing as was the "Online Career" based on the offline mode, where you needed to tune your car to not become faster than given time, but i understand that this is a huge amount of work to do, to plan and to realise.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: (...if I only had more time at my side...)

Woops, I said Sunday for EU/NA but of course meant Wednesdays. Edited my post. Thanks for the kind words and your participation! :gtpflag:
that is even better because sundays are my hardest work days. wed works much better.

Nice one, haha. WorldWide timeslot is on the weekend and accommodates as many timezones as possible without having racers up in the middle of the night.
So are the times set for Sat and Wed? I want to start clearing my schedule as needed so I can attend.

So are the times set for Sat and Wed? I want to start clearing my schedule as needed so I can attend.
Our normal schedule for this time of year:

Saturday December 2nd, 2017

Worldwide Weekend Time Slot
4:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM Pacific / 21:00 GMT

Wednesday December 6th, 2017

European Time Slot
3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific / 20:00 GMT

North American Time Slot
10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 AM GMT

Info for the race, so you can practice:

Based on GTPlanet WRS Week 1 on GT Sport

Buy the Lexus RC F Gr. 4 (livery optional)
Don't tune it. Aids allowed except for countersteer assist. Throw it around Dragon Trail - Seaside.

27 lap race on 3x/3x tire/fuel

2 vs 3 stops (fuel saving vs all-out)

5sec to change tires, but you don't have to :)

Fuel refills at 5L/s

The Fuel Map is vital to pay attention to

NOTE: This race will be an Unofficial race, an experiment to see if larger lobbies and race strategies are working for us all.

We'll try to host 2 rooms for WW on Sat.

TO SIGN UP: Respond to this thread with

Yes

or
Maybe

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Sorry guys I jumped in to soon without thinking, My wife will be joining instead.. we only have 1 PS4 and I really want her to experience GTS online so this is perfect for her to race against some sensible drivers ;)

Don't worry though she can race and can usually hotlap within 1 sec of my pace on a track she is familiar with! so I'm pulling out and she's taking my spot :D My wifes name is Kelly and her username is KelGT as some of the older GTP members will already know 👍

I will be watching from the side lines.. Thanks guys! :cheers:

Sorry guys I jumped in to soon without thinking, My wife will be joining instead.. we only have 1 PS4 and I really want her to experience GTS online so this is perfect for her to race against some sensible drivers ;)

Don't worry though she can race and can usually hotlap within 1 sec of my pace on a track she is familiar with! so I'm pulling out and she's taking my spot :D My wifes name is Kelly and her username is KelGT as some of the older GTP members will already know 👍

Thanks guys! :cheers:
Oh Ron, isn't it enough with you being faster than us? :D
Maybe leaning towards yes

Info for the race, so you can practice:

Based on GTPlanet WRS Week 1 on GT Sport

Buy the Lexus RC F Gr. 4 (livery optional)
Don't tune it. Aids allowed except for countersteer assist. Throw it around Dragon Trail - Seaside.

27 lap race on 3x/3x tire/fuel

2 vs 3 stops (fuel saving vs all-out)

5sec to change tires, but you don't have to :)

Fuel refills at 5L/s

The Fuel Map is vital to pay attention to

NOTE: This race will be an Unofficial race, an experiment to see if larger lobbies and race strategies are working for us all.

We'll try to host 2 rooms for WW on Sat.

TO SIGN UP: Respond to this thread with

Yes

or
Maybe

:gtpflag:
yup to all

I count 7 + me Confirmed for Sat WW, and 4 reserves/maybe's.

Based on the public room practice tonight, I think we'll be in for some "Adventures in Babysitting" for the online system, hence this being a test. Be prepared to waste 2-3 hours - Restarts may have to happen, and we may switch to friendly sprint races if need be.

Room(s) will open 1hr before race start. Practice times there will set the Grid Order.

If we have 2 rooms, the Time Trial splits at http://wrs.gtplanet.net will dictate the room splits.

We also want to try our GT6 starting procedure: Grid Start, everyone starts the formation lap slowly to avoid hitting racers stuck on the grid.
If you get stuck on the grid, please exit the race. We'll try 1 restart after you Clear Cache in Options->Network and rejoin.

Formation Lap

• After the qualification time is complete a steward will record the results.
  • The system will place all drivers on the grid and begin the countdown timer.
  • Drivers should remain stopped on the grid after the countdown timer.
  • A steward will announce the starting order and drivers should proceed into a staggered formation in the order called.
  • Pole sitter will choose his/her preferred side of the track and other drivers will alternate sides.
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 62 mph | 100 km/h and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • Start marker is the start/finish line.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

So:

26 race laps + 1 formation

Rough draft for Room settings:

Basic Settings:
  • Room Mode: Practice/Race
  • Room Privacy: Public

Room Settings:
  • Room Name: WRS Test 1 Room A or B
  • Race Type: Race for Fun
  • Fixed Room Ownership: No
  • Max Participants: 16
  • Required Driver Rating: --
  • Requred Sportsmanship Rating: --
Track Settings:
  • Track: Dragon Trail - Seaside
  • Select Condition: 16:30 Clear
  • No. of Laps: 26 + 1 formation lap
Race Settings:

• Start Type: Grid Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First (Quali order will be determined by practice laps in the 1hr prior to the race. Set by Host may also be used.)
  • Boost: None
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Tire Wear: 3x
  • Fuel Consumption: 3x
  • Initial Fuel: Default
  • Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Race Finish Delay: 180sec
Regulation Settings:

• Filter by Category: Gr.4
  • Balance of Performance: On