GTP_WRS-Online: GTP Sport Races

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 161 comments
I count 7 + me Confirmed for Sat WW, and 4 reserves/maybe's.

Based on the public room practice tonight, I think we'll be in for some "Adventures in Babysitting" for the online system, hence this being a test. Be prepared to waste 2-3 hours - Restarts may have to happen, and we may switch to friendly sprint races if need be.

Room(s) will open 1hr before race start. Practice times there will set the Grid Order.

If we have 2 rooms, the Time Trial splits at http://wrs.gtplanet.net will dictate the room splits.

We also want to try our GT6 starting procedure: Grid Start, everyone starts the formation lap slowly to avoid hitting racers stuck on the grid.
If you get stuck on the grid, please exit the race. We'll try 1 restart after you Clear Cache in Options->Network and rejoin.

Formation Lap

• After the qualification time is complete a steward will record the results.
  • The system will place all drivers on the grid and begin the countdown timer.
  • Drivers should remain stopped on the grid after the countdown timer.
  • A steward will announce the starting order and drivers should proceed into a staggered formation in the order called.
  • Pole sitter will choose his/her preferred side of the track and other drivers will alternate sides.
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 62 mph | 100 km/h and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • Start marker is the start/finish line.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

So:

26 race laps + 1 formation

Rough draft for Room settings:

Basic Settings:
  • Room Mode: Practice/Race
  • Room Privacy: Public

Room Settings:
  • Room Name: WRS Test 1 Room A or B
  • Race Type: Race for Fun
  • Fixed Room Ownership: No
  • Max Participants: 16
  • Required Driver Rating: --
  • Requred Sportsmanship Rating: --
Track Settings:
  • Track: Dragon Trail - Seaside
  • Select Condition: 16:30 Clear
  • No. of Laps: 26 + 1 formation lap
Race Settings:

• Start Type: Grid Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First (Quali order will be determined by practice laps in the 1hr prior to the race. Set by Host may also be used.)
  • Boost: None
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Tire Wear: 3x
  • Fuel Consumption: 3x
  • Initial Fuel: Default
  • Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Race Finish Delay: 180sec
Regulation Settings:

• Filter by Category: Gr.4
  • Balance of Performance: On
  • Power Limit: N/A
  • Weight Limit: N/A
  • Maximum Tire Rating: Racing: Hard
  • Minimum Tire Rating: N/A
  • Livery Restrictions: No Limit
  • Type of Racing Number: No Limit
  • Assign Car Numbers Automatically: N/A
  • Kart Usage: Off
Penalty Settings:

• Ghosting During Race: None
  • Shortcut Penalty: None
  • Wall Collision Penalty: None
  • Wall Collision Detection: Default / N/A
  • Side Contact Penalty: Off
  • Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: Off
  • Replace Car at Course Out: Off
  • Flag Rules: On
Limit Driving Options:

• Countersteer Assist: Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM): No Limit
  • Driving Line Assist: No Limit
  • Traction Control: No Limit
  • ABS: No Limit
  • Auto-Drive: No Limit

Goodonya to all who took the responsibility and time to make this happen. It will be an absolute pleasure to “race” rather than “avoid”

Hello guys, sorry im a bit late but can i still participate in it? my psn: rick-918-bmx

Sorry guys I joined after Kel and had no clue what was happening.. could barely do 2 laps with the fuel on the car and when I tried typing to ask the strategy? the race was started before I could finish typing... anyway I just left :D
I was after a race with you guys.. not see if I could run a lap on a teaspoon full of fuel ;)

Maybe next time it will be a race and I'll defo take part 👍

Yes for both wednesday windows - if still place for me ^^

and btw, is it possible to apply livery on courtesy car? or you just gone with stock garage car for the race?

Great to see 15 get off the S/F line and finish! :cheers:

Congrats @Windfire1010 and @PASM! The 123MB replay shows your fastest laps in the 1st stint were 0.01 apart. :lol:

I was so happy to see @Speedy6543 back that I stepped aside when he came into our battle (@roamer2629) :P

full

Great to see 15 get off the S/F line and finish! :cheers:

Congrats @Windfire1010 and @PASM! The 123MB replay shows your fastest laps in the 1st stint were 0.01 apart. :lol:

I was so happy to see @Speedy6543 back that I stepped aside when he came into our battle (@roamer2629) :P

full
Yeah Lucas. That was a really weird moment for me. Both cars that were in front of me seemed to just hold back and make space for me to pass. :confused:

I was actually making room for Lucas to pass me, never saw you behind him until you thundered through lol
Nice to race among friends again...
I was having a great race sitting behind Lucas and Javier waiting for the last couple of laps when we would take off the gloves....politely of course...when I misread my lap counter and immediately reduced fuel map while trying to figure out why I was almost a lap short. Of course I wasn't...but by the time I had counted on my fingers( and toes) and realized I had grossly OVERTHOUGHT the problem they were outta sight. The racing was GREAT. And....it was an absolute pleasure to race with adults instead of children who need ridalin .

Last edited:
Started 14th as my quali lap went away as I had to rejoin just before the start. Ended up 4th overall which surprised me. Congrats to Joe getting 3rd and a podium. Stints went 10 , 9 then 8. I pretty much could go all out on the final laps, and passed a few cars on the way.

Reactions: OZ
Back