GTP_WRS-Online : Special I - WRS Goes to Hell - 2.4 Hours of the Nürburgring

• Thread starter GTP_Dutchy
  • 478 comments
Sorry for confusion that may have befell lobby B. Timer went past 2 hr 24 mins on lap 19 and looking back through my screenshots during the 5 min stop I didn't see a mention of anything for that instance.

Also, Grats to SwOil on his win. I've looked back at my screentshot was was 0.055 too early on the trigger... 4:59.945 stop duration.
Mine was 5’11 as I raced upstairs juggling soup ( Hot Hot Hot!!!!) ...and dropped in the seat and saw the timer passing 5’05 and then fumbled with the button.... glad I didn’t lose by 11 seconds!

NICE RACE YOU ORGANIZERS.... I know it took hours and hours to put on.

Last edited:
I'm hoping I can go back over replay and re-screenshot to confirm I was on the nose for the hold in reality, or that the organisers are nice enough to let 0.055 seconds slide.

I'VE JUST HAD A CRITICAL ERROR ON MY GTSPORT GAME.

I sure hope that replay is still there....

Edit - it is, thank god.

Hey Mate, I can't stream I'm afraid due to me having bad internet. The live race footage with additional edited stuff before the live race and after will be live hopefully next weekend, depending on how long it takes me and also personal stuff. Will be done as soon as possible though :)!

Oh, ok, got it. That’s awesome. Thanks again for doing this.

Thanks for a great event @PASM @GTP_Dutchy @Gravitron @EDK ! :D

Very difficult to stay away from misstakes thats for sure, and god knows I did plenty.
Still managed to uphold a good pace, just a shame PASM missed his pit wich ruined his race. and how bad luck is that @Aderrrm to get a DC, thats such a rare occurance in GT sport. :(

Anyway well done everyone.

Looking forward to taking a peek at that race footage commentary. @Tidgney :P

Last edited:
Room C was a three car race long between differing strategies race with @TEX36 and I on fuel saving and @Goldomor on sprint... it would end as the one who fell of least amount of times who won. Goldy had the patience of a saint ( mostly...lol) when he always caught me on the top and would have to try to force an error and then pass me on the straights. We raced for 2 hours and 45 minutes. With no time to eat my soup which I nuked during my 5 minute pit stop. Note to self... sandwich next time..premade and sitting next to rig. Cold soup was just fine on the podium. The two septuagenarians out raced the kids.
I felt a lot of pressure in lap 17. Didn't expect you to come closer that fast. I guess that's why I finally threw it away. Well I shouldn't have gone for a sprint strategy. I need more practice on this track to do that. When Tex also passed my after another slip in that lap and I was more than 10 seconds behind him I knew that was it. Kinda frustrating but it was a great experience and I think I've learned a lot. Hope we will do it again in the near future.

First off... Want to thank everyone who put this event on @PASM, @GTP_Dutchy, @EDK, @Gravitron. Great job guys!

Well, I started 2nd in race B. I knew @Wardez and @Storm_SP17 were faster than me. They started in 5th and 6th. My plan was to run 4 laps before 1st stop, then switch to 3 laps. I spun twice on lap 1 and fell back to 5th. So, I switched to 4 lap runs the rest of the race. I made some errors and went off more than I would like. But, I managed to finish 3rd around 1.5 mins behind the leaders. Not too bad for my 1st endurance race, pretty happy overall.

Congrats to storm on the overall win. Also congrats to the Gr3 and Gr4 winners. Sorry, not sure who won those classes.

Great job everyone! Had a lot of fun!

I felt a lot of pressure in lap 17. Didn't expect you to come closer that fast. I guess that's why I finally threw it away. Well I shouldn't have gone for a sprint strategy. I need more practice on this track to do that. When Tex also passed my after another slip in that lap and I was more than 10 seconds behind him I knew that was it. Kinda frustrating but it was a great experience and I think I've learned a lot. Hope we will do it again in the near future.
I was planing on 4 four lap stints followed by a two lap map 1 dash at the end. But about half way through the last one it dawned on me that it was not going to work. If I wanted to put pressure on you I had to alter my plans ( you were too fast for me to chase down using that plan so I aborted the
last one one at the end of lap two and went to full revs map one ....I had been using short shift map 1 ...and shortened it to a three lapper and that left me with one last three lapper at full map. I always was ahead of you on pit stop sequence and you always had to chase me down ( I was short shifting to make 4 laps) . On previous stints you had been patient and followed my leisurely pace until you could just drive by me on a straight, But, you caught me at Swedish Cross on lap 17 and , I would asume , fearing to get trapped again, you tried the inside there. It was a very low perchentage pass unless I let you by, but I was on the outside with absolutely no where to go, turning in on what I would call the scariest high speed corner at the Ring, and I was, as I remember, thinking, he won't do that....but you did. We made contact and I went off down the guard rail. I was a bit unhappy , :irked:, but put my head down and as I came up into Adenauer Forrest I was not displeased to see you trying to back out after an "off" . If you had waited, like you had before in previous stints, and just motored by me when I made the inevitable error, the race was yours as you were at least 4 seconds a lap faster on sheer pace. It was indeed a great dice, perhaps the longest strategic duel I have ever had the pleasure to be in. I seriously doubt if I could beat you a second time. But "Remember old age and treachery ( cunning?) will always overcome youthful exuberance and a surplus of testosterone"

EDIT: For someone with sub thirty pace your strategy was right on. It might have been my increase from 40s to lower 30s when I changed my plan that sort of surprized you. Your speed caused me to abandon my plan not vice versa.

The Gr.3 was pretty entertaining in room A despite only having four cars. I knew @Nicktune was going to drive off towards the sunset at his pace but if @Fastas (Dan) or @Argon (Mike) make some mistakes I had a chance of keeping up with them. And the race started just like that. I was surprised how easily I could keep up with Dan and Mike was being patient behind us. At the end of lap 3 we were separated by just 3 seconds but as I made my first pit stop I realized why Dan wasn't gaining on us. He was saving fuel and it looked like he was going to do 4 lap stints. Mike made some small mistakes but whenever he dropped back he was able to close the gap again.

I leapfrogged Dan in the pits because I didn't take fresh tires and kept him behind me until lap 6. Midway through the lap I got bumped by one of the passing LMPs and Dan took advantage. It didn't last long as he made a rare mistake just few turns later and I passed him again. But it was time for me to pit again and that was it for the fight. Around lap 10 we settled in the expected order Nick - Dan - me - Mike with healthy gaps. I got lucky that Mike made some mistakes because otherwise he would have been quicker than me.

On the last lap we got a gift from Nick as he ran out of fuel so we all moved up one position.

Overall it was a great race, all but one passes by LMPs were executed with surgical precision. I'm very impressed by the level of control these guys had over those twitchy beasts.

Thanks to all organizers for their effort.

I can't wait to do it again some time.

The Gr.3 was pretty entertaining in room A despite only having four cars. I knew @Nicktune was going to drive off towards the sunset at his pace but if @Fastas (Dan) or @Argon (Mike) make some mistakes I had a chance of keeping up with them. And the race started just like that. I was surprised how easily I could keep up with Dan and Mike was being patient behind us. At the end of lap 3 we were separated by just 3 seconds but as I made my first pit stop I realized why Dan wasn't gaining on us. He was saving fuel and it looked like he was going to do 4 lap stints. Mike made some small mistakes but whenever he dropped back he was able to close the gap again.

I leapfrogged Dan in the pits because I didn't take fresh tires and kept him behind me until lap 6. Midway through the lap I got bumped by one of the passing LMPs and Dan took advantage. It didn't last long as he made a rare mistake just few turns later and I passed him again. But it was time for me to pit again and that was it for the fight. Around lap 10 we settled in the expected order Nick - Dan - me - Mike with healthy gaps. I got lucky that Mike made some mistakes because otherwise he would have been quicker than me.

On the last lap we got a gift from Nick as he ran out of fuel so we all moved up one position.

Overall it was a great race, all but one passes by LMPs were executed with surgical precision. I'm very impressed by the level of control these guys had over those twitchy beasts.

Thanks to all organizers for their effort.

I can't wait to do it again some time.
Oh it was horrible to drive, I am glad it's over

The morning after...

That was verry cool ! Massive thanks to @PASM @Gravitron @EDK @GTP_Dutchy and all others who helped to organize this epic event !
Next month will be the next? :)

Well... the morning after an eventfull race...
Loved the expierence, made way to many mistakes though driving too agressive at the beginning. Must have driven about 20 km riding the armco left or right, got catapulted in the air by a cone, done a full 360 (like a boss :odd: without hitting armco) and lots and lots more. @nico4711 and me had about the same pace, but he was way cooler and made perhaps 2 little mistakes so I finished dead last where I should be in this race.
Nico had a different strategy so I only caught up with him on the outlaps.

Difference at the line was around 30 seconds between him and me. The 911 where even closer I think.
Congratulations to all competing and finishing this event!.

Looking back, would I do it again or recommend it to a newbie? HELL YEAH ! Even with a DS4 its doable, maybe start with a shorter version though:sly:.

That was a great experience. Thanks to all for making this happen. My first endurance race and I loved it. Its not about how fast you are, its about how many mistakes you make.

So whats next? The 2.4 hours of Le Mans? I would love to see this one. Fingers crossed they bring the track back. :gtpflag:

@Koutch_Pro I did some major mistakes on my own. Be sure about that. Overshooting the turn before the Döttinger Höhe cost me a ton of time. After 2.4 hours there where just 13 seconds between us.

For all of you who are interested, here is my live stream:

Room A was always going to be a tough ask for me and @mr_lab_rat was my closest competitor in terms of lap times but he has an uncanny knack for fuel saving on map 1 whilst I was running map 2 so I knew it was going to be a battle to stay in touch. For the first few laps I was keeping up with Mike and Dan ( @Fastas ) whilst @Nicktune sped off into the distance. My second stint saw a bunch of unforced errors that were capitalised further because I had double stinted my tyres and as a result had some major problems staying on the black stuff eventually having to pit early to change tyres. After that it was a damage limitation exercise for me. After the 5 minute stop I had a much better second half and unexpectedly passed @Nicktune who had ran out of fuel so I grabbed the 3rd spot in the 911's even though it should have been 4th and last.

Great race though and my huge thanks to all the OLR staff for the days and days of preparation that went into this. :cheers:

First and foremost, I would like to express thanks to @GTP_Dutchy and @PASM, and all stewards and officials involved for the creation and administration of this event. It was a monumental effort and has passed with some but only few problems, namely the disconnects which, were beyond the control of organisation. Congrats guys, a very fitting tribute to the WRS at 15 years young.

That was my first endurance race and, despite my practice and preparation, I feel exhausted and relieved its over!

The race had some disappointment’s, namely losing @Aderrrm and @Crispy74 to disconnects. It also provided drama and tactical astuteness to be expected of a true race.

It was great to be able to line up with @Nicktune, @mr_lab_rat and @Argon in the 911's. I knew it would be a tough battle with these guys. Nick had shown great pace and provided an eye opener to the 4-lap stint which, I hadn’t considered beforehand, in the final practice/qualifying race. I had no idea if I could spin that one out but, after considering the race length opted to give it a go as my plan A. Both Mike and Mike have also shown to be hardened racers and the initial strategy felt like the wrong option early on.

With Nick disappearing down the road at a fair rate, on the same strategy as myself and the Mike's hot on my tail, I was relieved to see them both jump into the pits after three laps. I still wasn't comfortable with the strategy; where and how to save fuel whilst keeping up the pace. I knew though that I would be making one less stop from this point on and relaxed a little to try and find a groove.

Ultimately, I settled on short shifting and running fuel map 2 for the final half of the race. This was after a close dice with the lab_rat. In sacrificing lap times for economy, Mike made the jump on me and took track position. I opted to stay behind and try and take advantage of the tow and to wait for his stop before clearing. I didn’t however want to see any kind of accident on track which, eventually did occur whilst we were being lapped by the LMP1 cars.

While drafting Mike, the LMP's came roaring up and I duly got out of there! Perhaps, locked in their own battle, with tension running high, Mike wasn't as fortunate and, from my viewpoint, appeared to get slammed of the track. This was certainly my worst point of the race. It broke my concentration and after making the pass, dropped it myself. I felt better for it and resumed the lap behind Mike until his stop.

With all the strategies in play, I'd lost track of where Nick was at this point and this helped me get my head down and pick up the groove. Knowing I wasn’t going to back down or accept 2nd lightly, I dug in and pushed on. At some point during the second half of the race, i got a time check on Nick and was pleased to see I was only 25 seconds behind and closing. With one stop to make, my goal was to get within 15-20 seconds.

I was down to 20 seconds when I made my last pit stop and well clear of the chasing Mike's. I kind of figured that Nick had gone ultra-conservative with his fuel and so, anticipating an18 lap race and with two to go, kept the tyres and juiced up for three laps with a view to attacking. With fuel map 1 on it felt great to open up the taps and push it for the first time since the practice runs.

Thinking Nick was running eco-mode, I had 45 seconds to chase him down and save a bit of face for letting him get decent lead early on. The time was tumbling down, a second here and there. And then, the unimaginable, big gains! I shouldn't take delight in another's misfortune but, I think perhaps a 5 lap stint was a lap too far and Nick ran out of fuel. I took the lead and there was no chance of a comeback.

The Erazer came flying past and took the flag and scrubbed off my 18th lap and that was that. Room A Class victory.

Well done all for seeing out the distance. I really struggled in the latter quarter of the race with comfort and my right foot and leg were becoming numb. I did read up on the finish procedure but, as the first to cross the line after the Winner, I kept on going, hesitantly, until the time ran down. I swiftly jumped out of the seat and got myself the large G&T that had served me well in the practice races. Cheers everyone. :cheers:

Dan

I'll echo the praise going out to @PASM @GTP_Dutchy @Gravitron and everyone else involved in giving the WRS 15th anniversary a fitting online event/TT!

It was a pleasure to have been part of it for at least a lap and a half :lol:

Was so disappointed when the DC occured, I'd really been looking forward to this event. Got a pretty good start, and surprisingly pulled a gap on @alexamenos considering I couldn't put a decent sector together in the warm up laps before the race! There was no way I was keeping up with @Windfire1010 though, he was off like he had a rocket up his backside ...blistering pace! And then...

Anyway, onto the next one! :cheers:

Buckle up folks! I'll Quote this in hopes that it'll make the post a smaller box!!

The Overview (tl;dr imminent)
24 hrs prior, I’d driven a BMW M6 on RS tyres at the Nurb24 layout, with tuning on and a custom BoP of 491bhp & 1352kg. Switching back to the 919 was tricky, needed more than a couple of modestly paced laps in the afternoon to readjust.

The first few laps were kinda bad; Mix 3 was not a good choice vs. the pace of the others in the beginning. I managed to get back behind BigDawg_1281 early on but upon asking Nail whether the damage was on heavy or not I immediately found my answer; hooked it 90 degrees into the right barrier before S9 split. Somewhere between my first and second stint I noticed Wardez limping at the start of the nordschleife, such a shame man because you were untouchable before that point.

4 laps and a pitstop later; the gap was 51 seconds to P1. I decided to switch to a Fuel Map 2 stint. I also double stinted my tyres, it only gave me a few second but with traffic in mind any time gained off-track was golden. When BigDawg got behind me again, I found out I could run Mix 1 on long straights and still keep 4 laps of fuel.

Seeing the gap between myself and SwOil being separated by ~40 seconds or so, I deviated to a 3-lap stint using my improved Mix 2 strat; took the 5 minute stop and filled to 75% to go all out on Mix 1 for 3 lap stints. It was the only way I could creep back but I was still not in a rhythm in the car… I double stinted my tyres again and prayed SwOil was going to pit again.

SwOil had to pit on lap 19, and upon him re-entering the track I was but a handful of seconds behind… then 12 seconds in front… He’d overshot T1 in a big way, hitting the wall! I couldn’t believe it! On that lap, the time reached 2hrs and 24 mins before completing it, I’d held the gap to 12 seconds by that point and finished the lap inquiring if I should stop or carry on at this point.

Seeing SwOil not slowing down and now having only 9 seconds of a gap thanks to chatting, I pelted round the lap but erred on the side of caution… finished lap 20 and the gap was 4 seconds, but now it was DEFINITELY the end as per the discussion.

It was a very strange race, but one I am glad the organisers were kind enough to include me in after not locking myself in for the main race due to an assumption. I apologise for any grievances I’ve caused to you and any of the other drivers. I’ve been rather opinionated as of late, defiant, ignorant and rather careless… I hope you can forgive this.

Mentions to @BigDawg_1281, @GTP_Nail, @Wardez & @SwOil.

Last edited:
:crazy::ouch::boggled: RETIRED 2 laps to go...

Sorry guys, I had to leave, sort of, finishing race in pits. It was to much to drive for 50 more km in that car... Couldn't keep it on track properly, the more time passed, the worse it was... Rough day...
I'm sorry to hear that. I noticed in the replay that you took the 5 minute pit stop after the first two laps? If you did it around the middle of the race, maybe you could have kept going till the end. I did mine in my second stop, after about an hour. The short break definitely helped pull myself back together, though it did get tough anyway towards the end of the race. I did have a few offs, but luckily nothing major.

The first two stints was a nice battle between myself and @routergod24 for the room C Cayman class lead. We were always within seconds and viewing distance of each other, trading spots a few times due to mistakes. Then I took the 5 minute stop, he didn't. When coming in after my third stint, he was still there for his 5 minute stop, and I was surprised to leave the pits a few seconds ahead of him. Over the rest of the race, our paces stayed about the same, but I think he made a few mistakes more, so there was around a minute between us after 2.4 hours.

Thanks so much to everybody who made this event possible, it was a great experience! :gtpflag:

Thanks everyone for competing and the compliments!

It's been an honour to organise this event. Seeing so many of you participated both in the supportraces as in the feature race makes me feel a bit proud.

I had a good run through the supportraces and felt comfy in the car and could easily keep the pace up through those races. Yesterday i felt tired and off. I never got into the rythm never found my confidence or connection with the car. every lap was hard work and i had to struggle to keep some pace. the experience was quite frustrating because i know i can do so much better but yesterday was just not my day.

However i did feel proud when we drove the formation lapt and I could see @Aderrrm @PASM and @ERAZER in front of me. 3 GT Academy finalist with me behind them on arguably the most difficult track available in the game. It just made me realise what an epic learning curve the WRS has been. Thank you all of being a part of that.

Now on for the next special which is gonna be ........... :lol:

:gtpflag:

I'm sorry to hear that. I noticed in the replay that you took the 5 minute pit stop after the first two laps? If you did it around the middle of the race, maybe you could have kept going till the end. I did mine in my second stop, after about an hour. The short break definitely helped pull myself back together, though it did get tough anyway towards the end of the race. I did have a few offs, but luckily nothing major.

The first two stints was a nice battle between myself and @routergod24 for the room C Cayman class lead. We were always within seconds and viewing distance of each other, trading spots a few times due to mistakes. Then I took the 5 minute stop, he didn't. When coming in after my third stint, he was still there for his 5 minute stop, and I was surprised to leave the pits a few seconds ahead of him. Over the rest of the race, our paces stayed about the same, but I think he made a few mistakes more, so there was around a minute between us after 2.4 hours.

Thanks so much to everybody who made this event possible, it was a great experience! :gtpflag:
Yes, I wanted to try different strategy, 5min pit early, then try to close the gap, but couple of small mistakes each lap kept me at a constant distance of 5:40 to the leader.

on other side, what I managed to gain in the first quater and kept in second, I lost in the section between carousel and Pflanzgarten. Last part was just plain full gas. ^^ And then lap 10 or 11 occurred and I was all over the track, well, better said all around, not on. :D

I was really enjoying the race up to my d/c. I had to use fuel map 1 to gap @PASM for the first part of my stint but after I started to save fuel I noticed Bart was still catching me which put me under more pressure to go faster and use more fuel up. It ultimately made me make a mistake on the fast left hander at the top of the hill at 170mph+, think I over corrected and ended up hitting the barrier. I followed Bart closely but he was still pulling away, I assume on fuel map 1. I then made another mistake as or just before the red "Please pit for fuel" message comes up bang in the middle of my screen :ouch: (is there anyway to get rid of that?!). I lost about another 4 seconds and was surprised to see Bart and then most if not all the other 919s pit at the end of lap 3. Whilst trying to figure out why you guys pitted after 3 laps especially after small formation parade on lap 1 I dsconnected just as I joined the Nordschleife.

It was turning out to be a great race and very reminiscent of this 2.4 hour race where it was me and Bart battling for 1st and I dropped to 2nd from Pole (just not intentionally this time :lol:).

Congrats to all winners and thank you to everyone who helped organise it. Can't wait to see @Tidgney review of how the race unfolded. Already looking forward to the next one. :)👍

I also want to say thanks to the Caymans and the 911s for making passing as easy as they could. I felt one held me up a fair bit on one lap but as Wildfire said in the call with Nail and myself, the 919s come completely out of nowhere quite often!

@EDK you hung right through some corners the first time I caught up to you and I got confused :lol: looked like you were giving me the left side to pass but I wanted to wait until the exit to the complex incase it was just your racing line.

@EDK you hung right through some corners the first time I caught up to you and I got confused :lol: looked like you were giving me the left side to pass but I wanted to wait until the exit to the complex incase it was just your racing line.
Yeah, I did that because I could right there, without giving up much time.

In any case, the prototype cars were very predictable and I only recall one situation where a guy had to wait a little longer than I would like him to have to.

Anytime you guys caught us between the carousels was tough.

EDK
Yeah, I did that because I could right there, without giving up much time.

In any case, the prototype cars were very predictable and I only recall one situation where a guy had to wait a little longer than I would like him to have to.

Anytime you guys caught us between the carousels was tough.
Its the "Big Boy" section of track, you can win or lose a lot of time in that area so even the most patient of guys get antsy, but one slip of the wheel and it's to Narnia you go!

The bit I bolded wouldn't happen to have been right after the first karusell would it? :lol:

Latest Posts

Back