GTP_WRS-Online : Special I - WRS Goes to Hell - 2.4 Hours of the Nürburgring

Discussion in 'WRS-OE Archive' started by GTP_Dutchy, Feb 18, 2018.

1. EDK

EDK Moderator

Sounds right.

2. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17

:lol: I remember this...

3. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

Tex and I are currently wotking on just that... but without the Lmps. While still under the WRS banner these will be more informal longer versions of the great event that Dutchy and Bart ( with the of help MANY others !!) created. These will be monthly races run in the Ring Rats room most likely on Sundays when there are no special WRS events. More as it develops but go to that thread for info.

4. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17

I like the idea of a monthly, but even if it had to become just a quarterly thing I think it'd be great!

PASM, GTP_Nail and BigDawg_1281 like this.
  5. BigDawg_1281

BigDawg_1281

LMPs are fun too tho :D. Like the Audis and the Peugot... we didn't have any issues in room B with the 3 groups, that I am aware of.

I was thinking, for example...

Audi- 2 LMP classes and the R8, maybe TT
    BMW- M6, Z4, and M4
    Peugot- LMP, RCZ, and the other one ( sorry, drawing a blank

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    quentin1974, potvinsuks and GTP_Nail like this.
  6. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

all thoughts are gratefully received!!! That is the plan... to work our way through the Manufacturers... but lets take suggestions to the Ring Rats thread as this one will eventually go dormant.... unless @GTP_Dutchy wants to do it again... soon. :lol:

7. Argon

Argon Premium

Raod Rage.gif <-- LMP driver :lol::lol::lol:

8. BigDawg_1281

BigDawg_1281

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    PASM, nico4711, quentin1974 and 6 others like this.
  9. Argon

Argon Premium

LMAO.gif

quentin1974, Gravitron and GTP_Nail like this.
  10. Goldomor

Goldomor

Right, I was afraid I wouldn´t find a chance to overtake, as it was the final phase and you´d give everything to make sure I stayed where I was. If you had asked me prior to the race if I´d try to pass someone at Swedish Cross I´d have told you that it would be a more than stupid idea. But in the heat of the race, especially in the situation you describe, you make such decisions within the fraction of a second. When I noticed you went off track I wasn´t sure if I was to blame for it. So I asked myself what to do now. Should I let you pass? While being distracted by these thoughts and looking at the car positions to see if you were still in second place, so it would make sense to wait for you, I left the track. "Ok, decision made" I thought to myself ;-) I was actually reliefed when I saw you change your initial strategy, because at the time I thought it could be successfull.
    Right, I was afraid I wouldn´t find a chance to overtake, as it was the final phase and you´d give everything to make sure I stayed where I was. If you had asked me prior to the race if I´d try to pass someone at Swedish Cross I´d have told you that it would be a more than stupid idea. But in the heat of the race, especially in the situation you describe, you make such decisions within the fraction of a second. When I noticed you went off track I wasn´t sure if I was to blame. So I asked myself what to do now. Should I let you pass? While being distracted by these thoughts and looking at the car positions to see if you were still in second place, so it would make sense to wait for you, I went off the track. "Ok, decision made" I thought to myself ;-) I was actually reliefed when I saw you change your initial strategy, because at the time I thought it might turn out to be successful.

quentin1974, Argon and GTP_Nail like this.
  11. BigDawg_1281

BigDawg_1281

This what the straight at the Ring is like... ( sorry, had to show it )

alexamenos, PASM, Koutch_Pro and 7 others like this.
  12. Argon

Argon Premium

OMG Rob, the tears are rolling down my face that's hilarious :lol::lol::lol:

13. BigDawg_1281

BigDawg_1281

I knew you would like that one :lol:

14. GTP_Dutchy

GTP_Dutchy Premium

pretty accurate :p

quentin1974, BigDawg_1281 and Argon like this.
  15. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

Our thoughts were identical. I was really PO'd with the contact ( as anyone in the WRS will tell you I HATE GETTING HIT regardless of the cause) and steam was issuing out of every orifice in my body but getting mad never serves a usefull purpose so I got back to business and tried to figure out how I was ever going to catch up with a guy who just turned a very annoying ‘28. I Was REALLY FLYING up over the curb into Adenauer and in the midst of trying to either regain or maintain control ( pick one :lol:) when I “thought “ I saw a car by the side of the road. It turned out to be you! That was tit for tat as far as I was concerned... and as soon as I was over 10 sec ahead I sort of thought I had my first endurance win in hand..,, AND then saw that my BUD and nemisis @TEX36 was in second place :scared:. Its all about seat time. This time seat time beat speed. Come and play with us in the Rat Room every Sunday and build up your seat time and have some fun.

That was ,no doubt , a product of the Georgia Mechanical Engineering Department, for which they WERE NOT nominated for the Nobel Prize for anything :lol:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  16. BigDawg_1281

BigDawg_1281

I think you should get you one! It will do the screaming for you :tup:

Argon, GTP_Nail and quentin1974 like this.
  17. GTP_Dutchy

GTP_Dutchy Premium

I stil haven't gotten the driverchange pictures of the majority of the drivers could you guys please do this asap!

suprajef and potvinsuks like this.
  18. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

Will send again if you didn’t get mine which was sent right after the race.

19. mr_lab_rat

mr_lab_rat

In case you are not following the Ring Rats thread we have a practice race today (about 1:40 long). It's Gr.3 and Gr.4 BMWs at the Nordschleife.
    The room is open now and the race will start in about 1hr.

GTP_Nail and GTP_Dutchy like this.
  20. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

Hey Guys :),

Sorry for the delay but it takes awhile to upload 4 hours of footage :p! Literally started the upload on Thursday and it's finished last night but I was at work today! First of all thanks for the event it was great fun commentating on it :D. I say 4 hours of footage as there's the full version of the race and then the highlights of it as well. Now frustratingly and I don't know why audacity seems to have had a lag spike or a stutter during it so at around the 1 hour 30 minute mark the commentary goes out of sync by about 2 seconds :(. Something I didn't catch in my first edit (I didn't watch the full 3 hours in the first edit due to time) so frustratingly that is in there :(. However it doesn't hamper the commentary to much and you can still gather what's going on.

With the highlights video I tried to include all overtaking where possible and of course as this is the live footage at the time it's of the action I saw!

Hopefully you'll enjoy all the same :). This event ruined my throat and after drinking nearly 3 pints of water by the end of the race I was dying for the toilet haha!

21. mr_lab_rat

mr_lab_rat

This is amazing work! Thank you for putting it together. I'm saving the video as a reminder of one of the best races I have ever taken part in.

By the way the message on the back of my car says "I love cheese" :)

Tidgney, GTP_Nail and Gravitron like this.
  22. Argon

Argon Premium

Brilliant videos @Tidgney and no wonder you were a bit hoarse after all that:cheers:

Tidgney likes this.
  23. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

haha :D! I saw that during the rendering and watching of the videos but watching it I couldn't see it my colour was just off which was really annoying and funny at the same time lol. Sorry for your alternative name during the commentary to, no idea where that came from either haha!

Was nuts haha, I was so desperate for the loo at one point after drinking so much to keep going haha! Imagine if it was a smaller track, I think I'd have had no voice left :D

Argon and Gravitron like this.
  24. Fastas

Fastas Premium

@Tidgney, great video commentary and production! Thanks for sharing. You sound as though you had a lot of fun watching the race unfold and really did well to sustain.

I’ve now watched both the highlights and the full race and will be sure to check out your YouTube channel to see more!

D.
    :cheers:

Tidgney, GTP_Dutchy and Gravitron like this.
  25. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17

So, when's the next Ring Rat race? :D

26. Argon

Argon Premium

27. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17

I posted in there straight after that post; saw a mention to the thread near Tidgney's vid post.

Would be interesting to see another one for WRS though, the last one was fun. 1 every quarter or something like that... not necessarily a TT in tandem but another 2.4hr would be sweet.

28. Argon

Argon Premium

Ned runs a 3 hour every month go to the ring rats thread

29. GTP_Dutchy

GTP_Dutchy Premium