GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
i know that i don't participate much in the past (long) period. but i do visit the wrs network regularly to see what's happening.
but now i see that after some very slow months moderators have stopped alltogether with new weekly challenges.
is wrs over now? this would be really sad. i know that many feel that gt7 is under par compared to other versions - i feel the same way - but to let it bleed out like this would be a real shame.
please don't interpret this as a complaint to all hero moderators, they have been gold to the gtp community for so long.

We tried our best to keep WRS afloat for a very long time, and dedicated countless hours for testing and thread making, mainly for our love for the community. But in my case in particular, it came to a point where I had to wonder if all that time was worth investing in a competition that in many weeks didn't have more than 5 participants. My personal opinión is that while in-game time trials don't have a sense of community they do reward players with credits in a game where those are not easy to get, not to mention the chance of real life success for our división 1 players. In a nutshell, PD took over our job. Of course that's not the only reason, but the main one in my humble opinión.
GT7 is not a bad game, but it doesn't provide a very friendly base for what we do either. Time trials have variables that are not adjustable (Wind speed and direction) and they influence lap times, which PD is aware of, which is why their own TTs have zero wind settings. Then there's the issue of car rotation in used dealerships which makes it very difficult to make sure every participant has access to the cars. Not to mention those are probably the best cars in the game.
Loved my time as a WRS steward but for all this reasons I needed to move on to other endeavors. There's always the chance we meet again here someday.
Long post, sorry for the rant...

We tried our best to keep WRS afloat for a very long time, and dedicated countless hours for testing and thread making, mainly for our love for the community. But in my case in particular, it came to a point where I had to wonder if all that time was worth investing in a competition that in many weeks didn't have more than 5 participants. My personal opinión is that while in-game time trials don't have a sense of community they do reward players with credits in a game where those are not easy to get, not to mention the chance of real life success for our división 1 players. In a nutshell, PD took over our job. Of course that's not the only reason, but the main one in my humble opinión.
GT7 is not a bad game, but it doesn't provide a very friendly base for what we do either. Time trials have variables that are not adjustable (Wind speed and direction) and they influence lap times, which PD is aware of, which is why their own TTs have zero wind settings. Then there's the issue of car rotation in used dealerships which makes it very difficult to make sure every participant has access to the cars. Not to mention those are probably the best cars in the game.
Loved my time as a WRS steward but for all this reasons I needed to move on to other endeavors. There's always the chance we meet again here someday.
Long post, sorry for the rant...
Sumed up my thoughts and feelings perfectly, sad but true. Haven’t played the game in well over a month, when I get home next week I will. Still miss the WRS TT’s…just too much for only a few participant.

except for the odd TT here and there i've been more involved in the online racing part, that died a time a go. I have to say big respect for the guys who've kept the show going even when the numbers were declining.

I think in the GT5/GT6 times people were searching more for leagues etc to participate in. As @roamer2629 put it, the game had taken over that role and introduced TTs en championships that reaches the masses. So the need to search for something is gone i guess.

Times change and in this case it looks like it caught up with us. Thanks everyone who was a part of this journey. Lets hope we can find a way in the future.

Last edited:
You guys introduced me to Time Trialling… like waaaaaay back in the day!! I think my first event was GT5 wk8 in the Suzuki Swift at the Top Gear test track! I’ve learned so much from this community, so sincerely, thank you all. It’s been an absolute pleasure, but I agree with the sentiment and the thoughts above. While the game isn’t perfect, it’s provided a platform now where we can do this and get credits, and so has resigned the WRS to the history books. Thank you all for giving up your time 👏

So there's a chance, or is @half_sourly's tracking of the online time trials the lifeboat (psst, @half_sourly, if you could kindly add me to that roundup,....)
I flagged the idea of somehow linking WRS to the official TTs here. As Famine pointed out in reply, there are some issues with that approach, but I'd be happy to add to my tracking over at the official TTs to suit WRS needs.

In the meantime, on the presumption this is you, @Eggstor, I will add you in.

Damn I just got a new wheel.. looks like I need to wander online pffft :D

For the record.. the WRS had a damn good innings guys, WD to all who kept it running for all those years! :cheers:

...you are allowed out to play now your not grounded anymore :lol:👍

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Just stumbled upon this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/time-trial-results-and-community-leader-boards.424113/ made by @half_sourly

He made a GTP leaderboard based on the current time trials in gt7. i didn't know this existed otherwise i would've joined earlier. So for those interested check out his thread and see if it's something you're up for.

Cheers,
Kevin

edit:
somehow i managed to miss this or not compute this earlier
I see you posted about this a few posts back.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back