GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
Lots of body action when I have contoller in hand, body arms & hands willing the vehicle to do what I want lol plus if these controller where less strong build, I'm sure I would have crushed a few with my vice like grip of it lol

Do we know when week 3 results are out? I’m away at silverstone this weekend so need to get my replay shared before that if needed

Do we know when week 3 results are out? I’m away at silverstone this weekend so need to get my replay shared before that if needed
I think you can share it now. I shared my replay already, and the week 3 results are already visible on the leaderboard. Seems like the deadline extension of week 2 derailed the result processing a bit... :lol:

But they will appear eventually.

Have fun at Silverstone -- wish they would have added the track to GT7. :)

Are there any future plans to go to the traditional time trial format?

I really don't like the single lap format, I prefer to do a series of laps.

Is it possible for my replay from week 9 to be verified?
I couldn't reply in the thread as it's been archived. Also sjjokomoes had not been verified either but I could not find it when I searched week 9.

Has anyone else had issues with installing a livery and it changing the PP? Its happened to me more than once so I'm careful that it is paint only. This past week I installed one on the Supra and it changed the PP from 636.88 to 637.212 and the hp and weight remained stock. I made a new setup sheet and the pp did not return to stock. Bought a new car but if was not watching for that I would have missed it and unknowingly used the car.

We still don't have a way of verifying pp from a replay?

Has anyone else had issues with installing a livery and it changing the PP?
Never notice that changing the livery changed PP -- maybe there are some extra parts installed as part of the livery? Those should be visible on the car itself in the replay. Do you know which extra parts caused the PP increase in your case?

Not from the game itself unfortunately. There is an unoffical telemetry channel that will deliver some extra-information from a replay, the gear settings are in there and also a value for the car's maximum speed as calculated by the game. This max. speed is influenced by tuning, but it's not as accurate as the PP value. This one is not available from a replay currently AFAIK. I could write a little tool to get to the extra information for WRS replay verification, but since it's not bulletproof at the moment i don't know if it's worth the effort.

Has anyone else had issues with installing a livery and it changing the PP? Its happened to me more than once so I'm careful that it is paint only. This past week I installed one on the Supra and it changed the PP from 636.88 to 637.212 and the hp and weight remained stock. I made a new setup sheet and the pp did not return to stock. Bought a new car but if was not watching for that I would have missed it and unknowingly used the car.

It's normally wider wheel rims that normally make the difference so be sure to switch them to stock. (Assuming you've put all the custom parts to stick already)

It's normally wider wheel rims that normally make the difference so be sure to switch them to stock. (Assuming you've put all the custom parts to stick already)

Never notice that changing the livery changed PP -- maybe there are some extra parts installed as part of the livery? Those should be visible on the car itself in the replay. Do you know which extra parts caused the PP increase in your case?

Not from the game itself unfortunately. There is an unoffical telemetry channel that will deliver some extra-information from a replay, the gear settings are in there and also a value for the car's maximum speed as calculated by the game. This max. speed is influenced by tuning, but it's not as accurate as the PP value. This one is not available from a replay currently AFAIK. I could write a little tool to get to the extra information for WRS replay verification, but since it's not bulletproof at the moment i don't know if it's worth the effort.
In this case, it's changing wheel diameter to either 19" or 20" from the stock 18". That's the only adjustment from the stock size/width/offset possible on the GR Supra Race Car (and that from using a custom wheel). I'm surprised wheel diameter/width/offset is part of the livery, though if the livery is unlocked, that should be able to be changed back to stock.

It takes a very good eye to tell whether a wheel has been altered from its stock sizes/offset, but it is possible to verify that visually, and perhaps through the telemetry.

Of note, that's now the second time I've seen wheel diameter affect PP. I've seen wheel offset affect PP far more often, and that is usually possible with the stock wheels. However, I haven't seen wheel width or a not-stock wheel that is the stock diameter(s - some vehicles have different diameters in front than they do in back)/width/offset affect PP, though I have felt wheel width affect performance.

I think it would be worth the effort to build the tool. At a minimum, we would be able to verify gear ratios, engine performance, likely static ride height (there should be sections of track where everybody has the same dynamic ride height), and perhaps wheel diameter (assuming differing wheel diameters result in differing tire radii as they often do in real life).

Its not quite my birthday yet but was given a gift car. Did this ever go away or was it brought back recently? Can't recall getting this since the days of either GT5 or GT6

Its not quite my birthday yet but was given a gift car. Did this ever go away or was it brought back recently? Can't recall getting this since the days of either GT5 or GT6
One of the updates brought in the birthday car, available from the cafe from 2 weeks prior to the birthday on file to (I think) 2 weeks after.

Today I upgraded my rig with the Thrustmaster T300RS GT. My Logitec G29 was slowly deteriorating and the ffb felt more and more vague. Any happy friends here with the 300?
Had my T300 for 5 years now, still going strong. The only thing to look out for are the six black hex screws around the wheel axle on the face plate. They tend to come loose after a while of FFB action. Be sure to check and retighten them if you feel a bit of wobble in the wheel. Adding Loctite on the screw threads also helps.

And don't look at the wheel replacements, or you will end up wanting them all... :D

It takes a very good eye to tell whether a wheel has been altered from its stock sizes/offset, but it is possible to verify that visually, and perhaps through the telemetry.
I tried to find any differences in reported wheel diameter in the telemetry when changing rim size, but it's all the same. You can also see in GT-Auto that the overall wheel diameter doesn't change, the tire wall shrinks if you choose the bigger wheel rim. The telemetry shows the diameter of the whole wheel incuding tire. Also the wider wheel rims don't show up in any telemetry data. So unfortunately it's not possible to check for that using telemetry. :(

Today I upgraded my rig with the Thrustmaster T300RS GT. My Logitec G29 was slowly deteriorating and the ffb felt more and more vague. Any happy friends here with the 300?
ps. to my fellow dutch gtp friends. my g29 is still in decent order and is available when you want it.

EDIT will be passing it on to dutchy Kevin along with my wheelstand 👍

Last edited:
Well here's an update from me.. returned my T300 to the store on 24th August... Today is 1st September and I have had no refund and no replacement wheel.. I keep checking daily and I haven't even had confirmation that I returned the item ffs.. anyway I just got off the phone with them and they said it will take about 2 weeks and I should have it all sorted but I'm not happy with this situation.. long story short I have just ordered another wheel from a different source but went back to the G29 as none of them died within 5 weeks like the T300 did.. Argos have G29's dropped to £199 so should have that tonight and hopefully back in business 👍

What an absolute joke I had with this T300 the sooner I get my refund the sooner it's gone from my mind :rolleyes: what wheel dies after 5 weeks for steering down a hill and countersteer and boom the wheel dies? Great feeling wheel but garbage lifespan.. I saw lots of posts online with similar issues so beware T300 owners! countersteer at your peril and with extreme caution :lol: 👍

Last edited:
Well here's an update from me.. returned my T300 to the store on 24th August... Today is 1st September and I have had no refund and no replacement wheel.. I keep checking daily and I haven't even had confirmation that I returned the item ffs.. anyway I just got off the phone with them and they said it will take about 2 weeks and I should have it all sorted but I'm not happy with this situation.. long story short I have just ordered another wheel from a different source but went back to the G29 as none of them died within 5 weeks like the T300 did.. Argos have G29's dropped to £199 so should have that tonight and hopefully back in business 👍

What an absolute joke I had with this T300 the sooner I get my refund the sooner it's gone from my mind :rolleyes: what wheel dies after 5 weeks for steering down a hill and countersteer and boom the wheel dies? Great feeling wheel but garbage lifespan.. I saw lots of posts online with similar issues so beware T300 owners! countersteer at your peril and with extreme caution :lol: 👍
Hey Ron,

Sorry to hear all about this but i have to say i've heard the same horror stories from the logitech side. As for me and @PASM fwe've used the t300 a lot and have had little issue apart from the snapped brake spring thing. I recon sometimes you just have some bad eggs in the basket wheter that basket is labelled Logitech or Thrustmaster doesn't matter.

Sorry to hear about all your problems Ron.

Premature failures comes down to %'s.

All manufactures have them but they are the only ones with the data.

Personally I've always had good luck with logitech and their computer peripherals and wheels. Had a Force GT from when GT 4 was released and it served me well until I retired it because it was not compatible with PS 4. I have a G29 and other than cleaning the pots I've had no issues.

To me the biggest drawback with the G29 is you can't upgrade to different pedals. Doubt I'm good enough to benefit from a better wheel but I do think having better pedals could possibly help lap times.

Happy new year to all :gtpflag:
I repeat that.
But some are not so lucky ...

Screenshot_2023-01-03-17-02-29-94_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Back