GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
I think there is bug. I took some search on GT7 tuning threads and praiano has try to make some transmission setting but couldn't do as gears were set some default values. So let's wait for fix...
have no experience with tuning yet but i am curious what the answer is

GT7 - see the latest patch?
Significant reduction in being able to earn in game credit. Really pushing micro transactions. Cost to buy (real money) a car in GT7 much higher than Sport, much higher than iracing. 2 million credits cost $20 usd, 16 gbp. Cars in GT sport that cost $3 to $5 are now $30. A 20 million credit car would cost $200 if buying the credits. With current race credits, more than 20 hour grind.

Might ditch GT7 and switch to iracing. At least iracing is upfront about charging for track and cars.

Last edited:
The jury is still out with me. I am not sure if I like it because it is new and novelty will wear off.
I don't mind having to earn to buy cars.
The physics are what concern me. Licence and missions seems to turn tracks into ice for some of them.
Enter a menu or custom race and cars are a lot more controllable.
I haven't found a way to tell what the settings are for different events. In GTS you could see the settings for grip etc.

EDK
That depends, are you offering to help? ;)

I’m not trying to rush you guys, but any idea when the GT7 time trials will start? I’m getting withdrawal symptoms, plus as I’ve only ever done them on GTS I’m intrigued to see how they will work on GT7

After doing some BoP no-tune testing, as expected, there will be go-to cars in GT7 again, unfortunately, because power and weight are not adjusted, as it is in Sport. This is why MNR will continue with 1-make races.

In the early GT Academy competition, we learned the hard way that tires should not be included in the PP calculation. There was a huge uprising about this, until they changed their system. GT7 includes tires. How quickly they forgot.

As an example, in a 469PP lobby, a stock Toyota 86 GRMN will be hard to beat because it can barely be shoehorned into the lobby. So long as you can drive on SH tires, while other cars can use SS tires, you will more likely place above even a BRZ or equivalent.

Last edited:
Just golded the world series earning the Carrera gt and the 5 Goldy bars. Can't wait to see some proper WRS challenges coming up 👏

I’ve been getting involved in the time attack event to scratch the itch, but I’m looking forward to the WRs returning

It's work in progress but the stewards are working on it.
Getting the leaderboard adapted and getting a new results parsing program up and running unfortunately takes some time.
But just so you guys know, the stewards are working on it when they have the time outside their real life obligations.

That’s great to hear. You guys do an amazing job so hats off to you and I know it will be worth the wait. Time for me to dust off my racing boots after a long hiatus and get back into some friendly competition. In the meantime I’ll keep grinding that cash so I can afford all the cars I’ll need to play with!

There's also a WRS race tomorrow if any of you guys were wanting to join:

Last edited:
So to chip in to this convo. While we're trying to get the time trials up and running again we fill the time with online racing as they dont rely on additional pieces of tech beyond the game and psn. So to scratch the itch come over and have a look in the online race subforum aswell.

I’ve found the TPC Time Attack is a good way to scratch that time trial itch while waiting for the WRS to restart

I gave up with GT7 and sold my PS5 through frustration at pointless expense and PD's blatant robbery tactics.. hope you all find a way to get some enjoyment from this game 👍 I still have Anniversary edition and a PS4 but the sour taste in my mouth stops me using it haha :lol:

who knows what the future brings? :P: Have fun guys :cheers:

How big of a difference would a direct drive wheel make ? I use a T150 right now . Is it worth the upgrade ?

I moved from the T300 Alcantara to the GT DD Pro. I received the GT DD Pro well before the launch of GT7 and sold the T300, so I have no direct comparison on GT7 itself. However, I did compare the two wheels like for like with GT Sport, AC and ACC.

At the pricepoint of the DD Pro, I would definitely say it is worth the upgrade. The DD made GTS' weak FFB come alive a bit more for me. Also the adjustability of degrees of freedom in the tuning menu made the cars a lot more driveable. Without that I was annoyed with the indirect steering response of many cars in GTS.

GT7 has improved FFB compared to GTS and makes more use of the DD Pro's capabilities. But it falls short of AC and ACC. There you can really find more detail in everything. One thing that all games have in common: the response time between the "start of a slide" forces being commanded by the game and you actually feeling that is shorter, such that you can catch slides a little better.

That said, the wheel wasn't the biggest upgrade in my opinion, that still is the CSL load cell brake.

That said, the wheel wasn't the biggest upgrade in my opinion, that still is the CSL load cell brake.
Thanks for sharing the impressions on the DD Pro! I am also thinking about upgrading, and i am on T300 right now. But i don't want to blow the money on a DD Pro -- currently the GT bundles are sold out anyways. I am still quite happy with the T300 (mmh, Alcantara feel :dopey:), but the pedals are lacking and i guess the T-LCM pedals with load cell brake will make a huge difference in brake feel and precision. It's definitely cheaper than the full wheel/pedal switch. Ahh, decisions, decisions...

Recently my wife pointed out that I often lean my body when cornering, particularly on long sweeping turns. Now that I'm aware of it I realize I do it all the time.

I'm curious, am I the only one who does this? :confused:

Recently my wife pointed out that I often lean my body when cornering, particularly on long sweeping turns. Now that I'm aware of it I realize I do it all the time.

I'm curious, am I the only one who does this? :confused:
Nah, I guess it is more common than people who do not lean to "help" with steering. I'm the same. 😉

Back