GTP_WRS Week 10 : Blitz Dunlop ER34 @ High Speed Ring Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 192 comments
I also turned off the ASM, following reading some threads on here. ABS on 1 is my only aid as for now.
Same here: no TC, no ASM, just ABS 1.

What tyres is that on? Because the PP for this is 770, and on my tune I had it on R1's with 85 weight and about max + horsepower.
Indeed it's on R3's. I saw I forgot to mention it so I modified the post. :) I actually tried several combinations of tires, power/weight and downforce and this is what gave the best results (for me and hyper anyway :P).

Best advice is to get a good lineup with smooth acceleration at the start and run your best.
Yes and you might want to try a couple of times by exiting and entering the event again, I had some downright nasty lineups yesterday which completely mess up turn 1. :lol:

I'm running high 1'06's with R3's, max downforce, min weight and min power, with only some gearing changes. I'm gonna work on my line then start to tune the car once I have a good feel for how it performs normally.

Board updated - and happy to see that new members make it a habit to include the necessary info for the leaderboard in their signatures 👍 saved me a lot of time browsing thru the qualification lists and begging for controller devices :)

Is the hard underground mentioned in the race specifics the grey part past the ripple strip? Thanks.

EDIT:
Don't worry, found out. :dunce:

Last edited:
getting to quite like this car now... still running R1s with oodles of power and average downforce and managed to improve:

1'05.451

@TommySalami - downforce is not so important at HSR, particularly if you're running R3s; it'll just slow you down on the full throttle sections, massively so on the pit straight. I left the downforce at 15 front and 24 rear and am running max horsepower, min weight and R1 tyres.

I found a few more tenths, this track/car combo goes so quick, get heaps of attempts in a short period of time. Hard to keep the rhythm up with a break every couple of minutes.

Had a great Lap 1 and an ok Lap 2 at 1.04.955

Gone faster on both laps. Now at a 1'04.684

Last edited:
Had a great Lap 1 and an ok Lap 2 at 1.04.955

Gone faster on both laps. Now at a 1'04.684

WHOA! :eek: Now that's a tough time to beat - where is GTP_DHolland when we need him - or all the other Div 1 drivers for that matter. :)

Great time with the pad, Jack... I had a quick go last night (only 6 laps as my wife came home early) and hit a high 1'05 with the pad... will hopefully be getting behind the wheel next couple of days.

WHOA! :eek: Now that's a tough time to beat - where is GTP_DHolland when we need him - or all the other Div 1 drivers for that matter. :)

Ever since Jack's came along, they've been nowhere to be seen...

1'05.695

Small improvement. Still a bit hesitant on the throttle, but that include a really big throttle wobble coming out of T4, going over the bridge. My fave combo so far.

I'm really confused. Last night I was knocking in late 05s quite easily, today I've taken between .5 and .8 off of my first lap but not been able to break the 06's on my second lap.

Exactly same settings, struggling through the first sector on the 2nd lap, losing 2 tenths there...

Having a crack at this, best time so far 1'06.3xx but it's quite a different car to drive for me!

Edit;

1'06.3xx
1'05.3xx

Last edited:
I'm really confused. Last night I was knocking in late 05s quite easily, today I've taken between .5 and .8 off of my first lap but not been able to break the 06's on my second lap.

Exactly same settings, struggling through the first sector on the 2nd lap, losing 2 tenths there...

Check your line and entry, apex and exit speeds against your first lap. You're moving much faster at the end of the straight on the second lap, maybe it's messing you up.

Scraped off a little bit again:

L2: 1'05.694

Last edited:
I like this challenge. You can select between tuning for grip through the turns or power in the straightaway, and both setups have proven to give good times

1'06.028 has been my best L2 time

Last edited:
First time I've tried the WRS. This was a fun combo. :)

Lap 2: 1'04.883

Man, driving this car is like sitting in a turbine with wheels :dopey: Awesome feeling of acceleration.

Ran about 10 laps with it set on infinite laps so I could get a feel for it, and then ran about three 2-lap races.

1'06.240

Left plenty of time out there, but must cut my session short. Looking forward to digging back into this one!

1'04.944

GTP_Tzayad
G25
Div 3 Bronze

TZT Blitz WRS Tune is now available HERE!!!!!

Be sure to tell us what you think!

Last edited:
Back