GTP_WRS Week 10 : Blitz Dunlop ER34 @ High Speed Ring Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 192 comments
I understood the "underground" like this: Tarmac areas beyond white lines in the Tunnel.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sjaak

You are wrong MadMax86

Sjaak
Different track rules for the same track are possible in the WRS.
That has been the case for years now.:)

Every week I try to give clear information how to compete but we have such large number of new racers who are new to offline racing..
So don't hesitate to ask if unsure.

Last time we were on the HSR it was a time trail,one hotlap and the track was defined to the tarmac.

This week we have a 2 laps race and track rules are more "soft".

All hard underground is track,just no more then 2 wheels on the grass and don't hit any walls.
Also in the first post nothing is mentioned about white lines so crossing them is allowed.

Please read/follow the track rules specific for each WRS week and all will be fine.👍

BTW the car in the picture is on legal ground .:)

New time:

1'05.823

With R3/R3 tyres + loads of TC. :) For my skills this was pretty much a perfect lap so it's back to the pits to find a better tune or else leave it at that.

used the TZT tune with less power and a wee bit more of downforce and got 1'05.375 i'm sure i can go quicker !! will there be a battle of the tune factories?

1'04.857 using TZT tune. This is the first time i've done the WRS.

EDK
Whoa, Steven got a wheel!! :crazy:

Any chance you are using the paddles to shift? :sly:

I ran a few laps of this last night, but no time to report yet. Still just trying to get a tune that works for me. I've really only tuned one car to my satisfaction so far in GTP WRS, and that was the Clio at Suzuka.

Using the DC tune as a base, but my style does not match exactly. Don't get me wrong, still a WAY better tune than the stock setup. :nervous:

Kevin...

Long time no see my friend....good to see you here again, feels like the GT4 WRS crew is back :D

Looking forward for some online racing ;) and for sure your lovely series :crazy:

Spent some time with no change for lap time :grumpy:

:cheers:
Marooned

used the TZT tune with less power and a wee bit more of downforce and got 1'05.375 i'm sure i can go quicker !! will there be a battle of the tune factories?

Yes, there will be, I believe.
And the optimal tunes for Controller VS Wheel will be very different.

I have some issues with my "tuner's pride" ,
when it comes to tuning a car for a specific event.
I simply refuse to use someone elses tune ,
because I know I can figure out what suits my driving style and my controller skills best..

(my skills are currently = left analog stick + X/square/triangle/circle)
It means full throttle allways when pressing X :ouch:
Trying to get used to using R1 as throttle as it's less sensitive to touch. :rolleyes:

I'm going to post my current setup later so that other controller users
can take a note or two.

And I have to ask you Sjaak , what areas of the track you mean
by underground , if not the tarmac under the tunnel..

For example inside of the first corner beyond rumble or the tarmac beyond
rumble in the picture where car's right side wheels are on rumble.

will there be a battle of the tune factories?
Battle is a big word. Different tunes cater for different needs. Like said above, people have very specific driving styles and you have to find a tune that suits your style best. :)

Sorry guys it was a late night and maybe battle was the wrong word to use.

Its just good to see different tuning factories springing up creating good quality tunes. Some suit some don't. I always try NLxAROSA DC tunes every time as you know you will get something of quality there but they don't always suit my style. For someone who can't tune very well its good to try everything that is created. I take my hat off to the tuners of DC and TZT 👍👍👍

Yes, there will be, I believe.
And the optimal tunes for Controller VS Wheel will be very different.

I have some issues with my "tuner's pride" ,
when it comes to tuning a car for a specific event.
I simply refuse to use someone elses tune ,
because I know I can figure out what suits my driving style and my controller skills best..

(my skills are currently = left analog stick + X/square/triangle/circle)
It means full throttle allways when pressing X :ouch:
Trying to get used to using R1 as throttle as it's less sensitive to touch. :rolleyes:

I'm going to post my current setup later so that other controller users
can take a note or two.

And I have to ask you Sjaak , what areas of the track you mean
by underground , if not the tarmac under the tunnel..

For example inside of the first corner beyond rumble or the tarmac beyond
rumble in the picture where car's right side wheels are on rumble.

If using controller then use the right analog stick for the accelerator/brake function.

As for the rules, Sjaak said:

All hard underground is track,just no more then 2 wheels on the grass and don't hit any walls.
Also in the first post nothing is mentioned about white lines so crossing them is allowed.

That answers the question.

---------

1'05.347

Now all I need to do is combine my best 1st and 2nd laps and I'm a happy bunny. may try out TZTs tune later.

If using a controller I would go with the two lower triggers instead of the right stick. You can get a bit more control over the gas and brake, its more like using pedals. You can use half gas etc. Just use the right stick for gears. I think there was something a while ago on GTP forums about using the triggers this way. What I can rememeber is was a bit funny to start with but once mastered it was much better than using the "X" or the right stick.

I'll have to give it a try sometime. Though I don't find I'm that restricted by the analog stick.

lap 2=1'04.751.

I need to try and link my best 1st lap and best 2nd lap. Very difficult to do.

I'm finding the same, although I have just done one good combination. Including my best 2nd lap.

1'05.137

I know, I'm updating a lot.

Felt a slide in Turn one on the above lap and a bit of a wobble out of the end of the chicane. Smoother exit and I'm into the 1'04s...

I changed my set-up for this. I'm using TZTs tune, with change from R1 to R3 on the fronts and relevant power change to get it to 770PP.

First try at this great combo after returning from vacation some two hours ago. :cool:

1'05.782

Managed a 1'06.537 with a decent first lap. Still hoping to break 1'05.xxx, think I'm at about my skill limit though I'm affraid.

Just submitted my time.

I could've spent ages on it unless I submitted that one.

2nd laptime of 1'05.382

Well it was Friday so I finished work then two bottles of Miller and then a vodka and wow i've got that 1'05 marker!!! Well back to the drinking, I can't drink and drive!!

best time so far 1'04.965

had a better L1 0.3 quicker so it's back to the wheel after the hang over tomorrow. Used the TZT tune but with a R2 on the front and reduced power to make the 770pp

Well, I just had a dabble at this tonight, mostly out of curiosity. Turned into a 90 minute session!
Gradually honed my own setup and managed a lap 2 time of 1'05.333 👍

If you need some help keeping the leaderboard update, I am more than happy to help out. 👍

If you need some help keeping the leaderboard update, I am more than happy to help out. 👍
Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind. Sofar I can manage OK, or so I think :)

Board updated.
|
|
|
V

Finally found a setup I like and did a first sub 1'05 on lap 2:

1'04.940.
Still more to come I feel though :)

1'04.678

Last edited:
You may need to grab bigracers attention by a bit more than a question mark, Fuzzy.

Back