GTP_WRS Week 10 : Blitz Dunlop ER34 @ High Speed Ring Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 192 comments
Really big leaderboard update. Some new WRS members flowing in ... great 👍
Please check your own splits on the board as mistakes are easily made :irked:

If WRS gets to be this crowded all the time I just might have to call in the Luxy troops to help me keep it up to date :lol:

For the board I need the controller device info from L_Hamilton, please.

EDIT tried out Tzayad's tune because the DC tune is NOT to my liking :) sorry Lars!
Excellent tune Adam 👍 the car feels very stable and predictable, tho I had to make the following alterations:

+4p/86w
R1/R3
DF 20/30
Angle 33
TCS 3

... hoping to nibble some more tenths off my laps in the afternoon.

Last edited:
really big leaderboard update. Some new wrs members flowing in ... Great 👍
please check your own splits on the board as mistakes are easily made :irked:

If wrs gets to be this crowded all the time i just might have to call in the luxy troops to help me keep it up to date :lol:

For the board i need the controller device info from l_hamilton, please.

FYI ... L_Hamilton uses a Controller.

GREAT turnout this week - the competitive level keeps getting better and better!!! 👍

1'05.531

Not quite got the right line in the penultimate corner, reckon there's 2 tenths locked up in that corner.

Just received my wheel this morning ... whoopee!
My laps probably will get worse before they get better, but I have patience. It looks like I will need some time to sort out the options and get used to the different driving feel.

Board updated.

Strong suggestion, Steven. When learning to use the wheel, learn to drive/race without the TCS on. You will make up plenty of time by learning to race without it. I think the only aid which you need is the ABS on 1, and that's only essential I'd say on the more powerful cars. I didn't use it in the C4 at Eiger a few rounds ago and I was 1-2 seconds per lap quicker.

Really big leaderboard update. Some new WRS members flowing in ... great 👍
Please check your own splits on the board as mistakes are easily made :irked:

If WRS gets to be this crowded all the time I just might have to call in the Luxy troops to help me keep it up to date :lol:

EDIT tried out Tzayad's tune because the DC tune is NOT to my liking :) sorry Lars!
Excellent tune Adam 👍 the car feels very stable and predictable, tho I had to make the following alterations:

+4p/86w
R1/R3
DF 20/30
Angle 33
TCS 3

... hoping to nibble some more tenths off my laps in the afternoon.

Thanks man. I hope the new wheel works out for you. Unfortunately, I can tell you without even testing it that those settings will do nothing but make you slower. If that's what you need to do to learn to use the wheel though, I completely understand. Throughout the week, try slowly going back to my tune as you get used to the wheel.

FYI ... L_Hamilton uses a Controller.

GREAT turnout this week - the competitive level keeps getting better and better!!! 👍

lol. fail.

I use a wheel. Good 'ol DFP. 4 years old and counting!👍

Thanks man. I hope the new wheel works out for you. Unfortunately, I can tell you without even testing it that those settings will do nothing but make you slower. If that's what you need to do to learn to use the wheel though, I completely understand. Throughout the week, try slowly going back to my tune as you get used to the wheel.
To slow guys like me driveability and predictability is more important than flat out speed. But everything could change now that I have the wheel :nervous:

lol. fail.

I use a wheel. Good 'ol DFP. 4 years old and counting!👍

How in the world did I type Controller in there? Trying to do too many things at once I guess - sure hope my wheel lasts that long. Thanks for clearing it up!

I need some clarification on the rules this week please - it states all hard underground is part of the track so I believe that applies to all areas in the tunnel. Back here GTP_WRS Week 05 : Ferrari California @ High Speed Ring you specifically called out the area shown in the picture as NOT being track - is that still the case this week? I'm running under the assumption that the white lines define the track this week everywhere except the tunnel. I need the clarification for me as a driver and for me as someone who reviews replays.

Thanks!

I need some clarification on the rules this week please - it states all hard underground is part of the track so I believe that applies to all areas in the tunnel. Back here GTP_WRS Week 05 : Ferrari California @ High Speed Ring you specifically called out the area shown in the picture as NOT being track - is that still the case this week? I'm running under the assumption that the white lines define the track this week everywhere except the tunnel. I need the clarification for me as a driver and for me as someone who reviews replays.

Thanks!

Me too please. And if the area in question isnt allowed to be used as track and the white line rule is in place, then are we allowed 2 wheels on the rumble strip and 2 wheels on that area.

Here is a picture of what I mean. (Sorry for the photo quality. Taken from my iPhone)

IMG_0013.jpg

^^^^ In the picture above there is 2 wheels on the rumble strip and 2 on that area.

Sorry for the uncertainty Race Admins!

Last edited:
Lol looks like everybody is doing well...I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. My fastest so far has been a 1'07.671. Heading to the high score charts to steal racing lines as I clearly cant find my own lol. Hopefully I can ort out my mess :)

Different track rules for the same track are possible in the WRS.
That has been the case for years now.:)

Every week I try to give clear information how to compete but we have such large number of new racers who are new to offline racing..
So don't hesitate to ask if unsure.

Last time we were on the HSR it was a time trail,one hotlap and the track was defined to the tarmac.

This week we have a 2 laps race and track rules are more "soft".

All hard underground is track,just no more then 2 wheels on the grass and don't hit any walls.
Also in the first post nothing is mentioned about white lines so crossing them is allowed.

Please read/follow the track rules specific for each WRS week and all will be fine.👍

BTW the car in the picture is on legal ground .:)

Thanks sjaak. We checked the first page info but were still unsure after talking about it in the chat, so posted it in here. New to WRS so didnt want to mess things up. Thanks for the reply 👍

If all 4 wheels are left of the rumble strip shown without a wall tap is it clean? the whole 'underground' part is of some confusion to me. Also 1'07.139. Tryin to work out the 2 seconds im losing. Am I allowed to ask for advice on corner 1 for passing? If so, input welcome. Also curious if anyone can use the live chat on their ps3.

If all 4 wheels are left of the rumble strip shown without a wall tap is it clean? the whole 'underground' part is of some confusion to me. Also 1'07.139. Tryin to work out the 2 seconds im losing. Am I allowed to ask for advice on corner 1 for passing? If so, input welcome. Also curious if anyone can use the live chat on their ps3.

I understood the "underground" like this: Tarmac areas beyond white lines in the Tunnel.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sjaak

Hard underground = anywhere that isn't grass

Within reason obviously, but then again, you'd be daft to use the pit exit!

Line through T1. I either go very wide and them exit very low, or stay high and exit higher. Getting the right line-up can make a seconds difference through T1 alone.

Watch your speedo as you go around Turn One on the 2nd lap, if you want a comparison I'm doing about 112mph, using DC's tune.

Yea Iwas thinking the lineup might affect me because last night i ran a better lap 1 overall with a much easier turn 1. Guess ill see what lineup works for me. Gonna convert that im familiar with km. Thanks for the help

To slow guys like me driveability and predictability is more important than flat out speed. But everything could change now that I have the wheel :nervous:

Whoa, Steven got a wheel!! :crazy:

Any chance you are using the paddles to shift? :sly:

I ran a few laps of this last night, but no time to report yet. Still just trying to get a tune that works for me. I've really only tuned one car to my satisfaction so far in GTP WRS, and that was the Clio at Suzuka.

Using the DC tune as a base, but my style does not match exactly. Don't get me wrong, still a WAY better tune than the stock setup. :nervous:

EDK
I ran a few laps of this last night, but no time to report yet. Still just trying to get a tune that works for me. I've really only tuned one car to my satisfaction so far in GTP WRS, and that was the Clio at Suzuka.

Using the DC tune as a base, but my style does not match exactly. Don't get me wrong, still a WAY better tune than the stock setup. :nervous:

Check back for post #90 or use this link below:

TZT Blitz WRS Tune is now available HERE!!!!!

Ha, just realised I had got DC's tune mixed up on the front toe. Had it on +.20 rather than -.05, probably why I was getting understeer in the final turn. Still I worked with my change and also increased turning angle to 50 and front damper to 6. Got Lap smoother and lap 2 is slightly improved.

1'05.465

Back