GTP_WRS Week 10 : Gazoo Samba

• Thread starter Argon
  • 351 comments
WARNING! - SHAMELESS PROMOTION

Everyone.....I can't recommend enough that you take the opportunity to try out the OLR events above that @Speedy6543 posted and this one would be perfect combo to get your toes wet. Big track, interesting layout reasonable car, unfortunately you may have to put up with me on track but I promise not to get in your way.

I've now taken part in two and both have really helped me to shave a few more tenths off my trial time. Get in early to the practice room and you may be able to watch our fastest guys and see how they do it plus you'll have a complete blast.

If you have any concerns or questions then post in the OLR page in the link above or, come back here and ask away

Hope to see lots of you on track :cheers:

Last edited:
So, don't you hate not saving replay? If I didn't just beat it, I would have to delete previous post. If I didn't forget saving, I would be sleeping though! G it hurts not getting that t1 time again! Hope I get another chance at a run before deadline. That turn 3 really makes or breaks that straight after it.

@Argon I'd really like to race you buggers, if only to show you new and innovative ways to find sand trout but I just can't do so with any reliability due to work and constant short notice shift changes. I'd just forget to tell you and get blacklisted. :dunce:

@Argon I'd really like to race you buggers, if only to show you new and innovative ways to find sand trout but I just can't do so with any reliability due to work and constant short notice shift changes. I'd just forget to tell you and get blacklisted. :dunce:

You could always sign up as a reserve that way if confirmed folks get there first and you are a no show it's not so much of an issue as places will be given to confirmed entrants first. The OLR stewards would always appreciate a heads up if you couldn't make it but i'll stick my neck out and say they wouldn't blackball you 👍

The rooms are not filling up right now. No blackballing, the worst we would do is tell you that you cannot race because the lobby is full and you'd not signed up.

I'm the absolute worst at signing up. :lol:

Pulled of some Norfolk Ninja shenanigan's in the 1st and 2nd corner.
Another couple dozen laps in.
Think I'm so close to my limit I could probably poke my willy through its' letterbox. I'll let you decide exactly how close that is! :lol:

Had another bash at this, read all the kind help...and got slower :D But with some patience and mixing some of the tips with what I was already doing and it's started to click...a bit! Still got no consistency but feel like theres more in there on the odd banzai lap.

1:01.317

Pre weekend splits after 166 miles (including lots of re-starts) run today and I'm starting to get a feel for Interlagos at last.

So many thanks needed to @Iceman for tip on 5th into Turn 1 (no longer is this corner a mystery to me), @monoha for the gearing and last but definitely not least @Argon for the public and 'private' team tips with @munch2112 data providing a solid basis to build on.

Good news for me is I know I can go faster as in at least the last two sectors as achieved faster speeds plus turn 1 entry was still not optimal so should be time to find there.....as such looking forward to the weekend sessions though they will be shorter than today's session due to other demands..........

I've had words with this track, very stern words. Some of the words I've had to make up, because those that existed before were not strong enough. All have been yelled silently at the track (kids are sleeping in the next room) as I spun the car, or messed up the final corner while on a blinder.

Then I beat my time by .003, and I didn't know what to think. Was this victory somehow, or just a booby prize for my time? The answer became clear as the music track changed, and I was forced to ponder the possibility of 'make some origami' having some hidden meaning...

Then I improved my time some more :D

This is a tough track for me. Read everyone’s suggestions and just ran 20 or so laps trying to find the best lines and carrying momentum. Improved a pretty big .700 at the line. Braking (BB +5) early and without upsetting the car made me faster.

New splits for me, this is it for me as well:

Well, the game somehow deleted all of my replays so I didn't really know what time I did a couple of days ago.

I ran 15 laps and my new splits are definitely faster than before so I think the lap time is as well :)

I'm gonna try tomorrow as well.

Back