GTP_WRS Week 10 : Gazoo Samba

• Thread starter Argon
  • 351 comments
Take 6 in 4th and stay there until you have to crank down to 3rd for 8

I turned in to turn 6 in 4th, shortshifted to 3rd just before entering 7 en kept de revs going till the brake point for turn 8.
The engine felt "dead" in turn 6/7 if it was kept in 4th. Perhaps my cornering wasn't that fluent :irked::irked:.

the urge to get in the car again is getting quite high now:yuck:, a 2,5 hours to go till de kids are all in bed.

I turned in to turn 6 in 4th, shortshifted to 3rd just before entering 7 en kept de revs going till the brake point for turn 8.
The engine felt "dead" in turn 6/7 if it was kept in 4th. Perhaps my cornering wasn't that fluent :irked::irked:.

the urge to get in the car again is getting quite high now:yuck:, a 2,5 hours to go till de kids are all in bed.

No, don't downshift...might seem like the car needs it but it doesn't or at least shouldn't unless you are over braking for 6. You may need to shift your brake point earlier for 6

Last edited:
No, don't downshift...might seem like the car needs it but it doesn't or at least shouldn't unless you are over braking for 6. You may need to shift your brake point earlier for 6

yup, guessed that indeed, wil be trying it later tonight (unless there is some racing elsewhere going on :lol:)

Had a quicker lap, but it was so so close to be dirty, decided not to put that one up, will share though, tags ; dirty brasil gtpwrs (dirty spot, right hander Senna esses)
Please don't do this.

Posted for the benefit of all members.

Share replays for any event only after the deadline has passed.

Seems folks are having a tough time with sector 2 and whilst I can't profess to having the answer I was beating my head against a wall until I adopted a different strategy (the one below). If anyone can spot bad advice please shout.

By corner where C4 is the left hander after the long straight
  • C4) Braking slightly before the 100 and cut the corner deep so that you can get on the gas hard, exit the corner and immediately start a lazy arc to clear the next slight left. I found this to be key to getting a good sector 2 time but it's not the whole story
  • C6 & C7 Brake well before the 50m board and cut the first corner hard and stay to the right up to C7. I found that I could get on the gas really early in 6 and not lift until 8 taking this line. Braking later for 6 often takes you wide and you lose time having to correct and end up on the rumbles to the left which I found to be bad news
  • C8) Stay off the rumble to the left I found that it induces under steer which is the last thing you need. As you come off 7 move over left slowly taking a small amount of rumble just before cutting 8 VERY, VERY deep. Get on the gas for a quick squirt to 9 and don't go too deep but deep enough to open the corner and exit wide (still experimenting with this and sometimes hugging the rumbles seems quicker)
  • C11: Braking point is at the end of the green painted concrete on the left. Again cut deep and stay in 3rd....I have enough thrown laps to suggest 2nd is losing time.
Hope that helps a little :cheers:

EDIT: This might be helpful sorting out corner numbers as I just noticed that some maps differ.

View attachment 710857
Thanks for this, S2 has been killing me.

Forgot to mention yesterday that this was my first time not using “kiddie cam” :sly:

I am getting used to it in the slower cars but really struggle in the faster ones, the cars just feel to fast for me in that view at the moment.

Happy with my first attempt after spending spare time practising in this new view :cheers:

No time for this today but should be ok for a session tomorrow evening :D

Forgot to mention yesterday that this was my first time not using “kiddie cam” :sly:

I am getting used to it in the slower cars but really struggle in the faster ones, the cars just feel to fast for me in that view at the moment.

Happy with my first attempt after spending spare time practising in this new view :cheers:

No time for this today but should be ok for a session tomorrow evening :D
Traitor

Slowly trimming away...

I did break into the 29s a few times! Stupid replay cut one off at pit entry. I even ran a full lap after :confused:

Oh well, had my best S2 and S3 in this one. Thanks @Iceman for telling me to stay in 5th on the front stretch/ slight curve... Whatever you want to call it. Made the entry into 1 so much easier 👍

20 lap session, pretending car didnt have 2nd gear, ran 6 laps out of the 20 faster than what my previous fastest was coming into today.

Now 1.2 off optimal. None of my best sector times happened during my best lap.

Think I can improve at least another second at the line.

Thanks for the tips guys:cheers:

Last edited:
Back