GTP_WRS Week 10 : Gazoo Samba

• Thread starter Argon
  • 351 comments
For T1, don't shift up to 6th on the straight, you can stay in 5th without hitting the limiter. Turn in should start fairly wide on the right, cutting well inside to the left in order to setup for the right hander leading out. Exit speed is everything here, and you will need to use every inch of the rumbles on entry and exit.

I've been shifting to 6th, maybe that is my issue then. I start wide, and use the rumble strips. I will try 5th tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

Yeah, I had to figure out the gearing, as it was grinding my.. gears.. So I tested the shifting a bit on the Tokyo East outer loop track in a pseudo science way. That was the most suitable test strip I could find in the game.

I crossed the line with full gas in 1st and shifting up to 2nd just as I pass it and then accelerate up to the first sector timer in the middle Lane. You hit over 200 km/h and 6th gear and simply hit the wall as it is after the timer.

I did this 4 times (and some test test runs). First I shifted just as the limiter started to blick on every gear, then a run with shifting a bit before the blicking, then a bit after and lastly very late. And yes late shifting and avoiding 6th gear is best. I'm sure you could fine tune the test runs and measure one gear shifting at a time, but that is a bit too much.

So my conclusion is to shift into 3rd at ~97 km/h, into 4th at ~130 km/h and into 5th at ~167 km/h

The previous posts seem to agree, but yeah, it's quite pseudo science test.

Anyway,
New splits which I'm quite surprised about! Don't think it just the gearing!

Seen 29.7xx so might move my goal a bit as I still have 100 km left of the effort I want to put in.

Last edited:
Had a quicker lap, but it was so so close to be dirty, decided not to put that one up, will share though, tags ; dirty brasil gtpwrs (dirty spot, right hander Senna esses)

So the second best lap the splits are ;

Had family over the last few days so not turned a wheel yet but prior to doing so, my personal target is <31s S1 and <1m S2. Would prefer to knock a further second or so off of both but historically I'm poor at and actively dislike Interlagos.
Really hoping to 'unlock' it though.

Excuses made early:- Check! :lol:

I am glad, got it together ! thanks to the tips in this thread my new sector times are

Think this is it... And the ride of this week :)

6053471289438373392_0.jpg

6052908345390531096_0.jpg

All sponsor logo's are brasilian company's.

Last edited:
Seems folks are having a tough time with sector 2 and whilst I can't profess to having the answer I was beating my head against a wall until I adopted a different strategy (the one below). If anyone can spot bad advice please shout.

By corner where C4 is the left hander after the long straight
  • C4) Braking slightly before the 100 and cut the corner deep so that you can get on the gas hard, exit the corner and immediately start a lazy arc to clear the next slight left. I found this to be key to getting a good sector 2 time but it's not the whole story
  • C6 & C7 Brake well before the 50m board and cut the first corner hard and stay to the right up to C7. I found that I could get on the gas really early in 6 and not lift until 8 taking this line. Braking later for 6 often takes you wide and you lose time having to correct and end up on the rumbles to the left which I found to be bad news
  • C8) Stay off the rumble to the left I found that it induces under steer which is the last thing you need. As you come off 7 move over left slowly taking a small amount of rumble just before cutting 8 VERY, VERY deep. Get on the gas for a quick squirt to 9 and don't go too deep but deep enough to open the corner and exit wide (still experimenting with this and sometimes hugging the rumbles seems quicker)
  • C11: Braking point is at the end of the green painted concrete on the left. Again cut deep and stay in 3rd....I have enough thrown laps to suggest 2nd is losing time.
Hope that helps a little :cheers:

EDIT: This might be helpful sorting out corner numbers as I just noticed that some maps differ.

1200px-Circuit_Interlagos.svg.png

Last edited:
Seems folks are having a tough time with sector 2 and whilst I can't profess to having the answer I was beating my head against a wall until I adopted a different strategy (the one below). If anyone can spot bad advice please shout.

By corner where C4 is the left hander after the long straight
  • C4) Braking slightly before the 100 and cut the corner deep so that you can get on the gas hard, exit the corner and immediately start a lazy arc to clear the next slight left. I found this to be key to getting a good sector 2 time but it's not the whole story
  • C6 & C7 Brake well before the 50m board and cut the first corner hard and stay to the right up to C7. I found that I could get on the gas really early in 6 and not lift until 8 taking this line. Braking later for 6 often takes you wide and you lose time having to correct and end up on the rumbles to the left which I found to be bad news
  • C8) Stay off the rumble to the left I found that it induces under steer which is the last thing you need. As you come off 7 move over left slowly taking a small amount of rumble just before cutting 8 VERY, VERY deep. Get on the gas for a quick squirt to 9 and don't go too deep but deep enough to open the corner and exit wide (still experimenting with this and sometimes hugging the rumbles seems quicker)
  • C11: Braking point is at the end of the green painted concrete on the left. Again cut deep and stay in 3rd....I have enough thrown laps to suggest 2nd is losing time.
Hope that helps a little :cheers:

Are you staying in 4th to the hairpin, after you brake for C6? I tried dropping to 3rd, seems it slows too much

Been really busy with trying to sell my house with 2 days of prep, (my wife likes to do things spurge of the moment) wasn't reading a lot of these posts, but I think I am dropping gears too low after reading the last couple posts.:banghead:

The low gears just make you lose too much momentum. This car pulls pretty good at lower RPMs. The 2nd chicane took me a while to keep my momentum in 3rd. It is faster though.

Back