GTP_WRS Week 105 : Double Double S

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 154 comments
1'17.517

Nothing like bringing in a new year with an Ascari combo, huh @Dragonwhisky? :lol: I think I prefer these track boundaries. :D
Yeah, it took me a lot of laps to train myself to use what's allowed here. Still wasn't getting through the first shiken as well as can be. I may have about 50 more laps in me but not sure I'll be able to squeeze much more out of it.

Had a quick blast and improved by 2 tenths

full

1:18.983

1:18.500

how often does the leaderboard get updated ?

edit edit. ty mr lab rat , i have corrected my laptimes in this post , hope that will be enough :)

Last edited:
The leaderboard gets updated every 15 minutes. If you manage to edit your post before the bot picks it up it will work.
If you missed the chance and the bot already scanned it you will need to post again.

You don't need to worry about it and just wait until you have new splits to post.

I finally got a chance to get a half-way decent time. Still not at the level some of you other guys are running, but this one was much better than my last

split 1: 35.450
split 2: 1'19.900

Nipped home for another quick go

1'18.677

Right at the end of S1 are you allowed to go out across the whitelines with all 4 wheels onto the concrete as long as you don't hit the cones?

Right at the end of S1 are you allowed to go out across the whitelines with all 4 wheels onto the concrete as long as you don't hit the cones?
No, the coloring of that area is lighter than the tarmac road surface, so wouldn't be considered tarmac. It's more concrete, and the only concrete that's legal are the white-ish rumbles.

Another new attempt, shaved off a few tenths of the lap

Split 1: 35.088
Split 2: 1'19.372

Edit: Theres one spot during this lap where I'm not sure if I was able to stay within the track limits. I think its barely okay, but is it okay if I post a picture of said spot to get a second opinion? It wouldn't be until I got home from work tonight, though.

Last edited:
Nipped home for another quick go

1'18.677

No, the coloring of that area is lighter than the tarmac road surface, so wouldn't be considered tarmac. It's more concrete, and the only concrete that's legal are the white-ish rumbles.
Plus, your tires would be dirty for being off the track. So you'll just slide into the hairpin so you'll just lose time rather than gaining anyways.

i set a new fastest lap some 7 tenths faster than my previous lap on about my second lap, feeling like the car felt pretty easy to drive today I checked the replay . . . racing hards :banghead: :dunce:
eventually managed to finish ahead of ghost with correct rubber though despite fluffing my lines in sector 1.
Slightly slower through T2 but 2 tenths up at the line.

I'd never have thought this combo could be this much fun 👍 👍 👍

1:18.584

Okay, so here's a picture of the trouble spot in my last run. Is this lap still legal, or should I go try to set a new best lap?

The OP doesn't mention white lines and you still have 2 wheels on same colour tarmac so I would say clean but like you, I would like a 2nd opinion too:)

Back