GTP_WRS Week 11 : Nissan R35 GT-R @ London Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 183 comments
Hey Maz,

IME, for the most part you hit 99.x% of your ability in a couple of sessions... I only ran my first laps last night, and I doubt I'll run anymore before Sunday afternoon, so I'd definitely say jump in.

Chris

Yeah jump in I managed a good time after 15 minutes of driving so give it a go. It's a fun combo to drive.

As the above say, i only joined in yesterday, a few sessions and you should be doing great

New times

T1 23.895
T2 38.527

Done with this for the time being, T1 was sloppy, T2 best I can do i think, still hate that bloody last corner

Last edited:
BTW Maz,

Don't expect to be winning anything... as you can see, we have some drivers who's divisional status in golf handicap terms is pure bandit territory.

*cough* GTP_Wanna_B ;)

New times

T1 23.895
T2 38.527

Done with this for the time being, T1 was sloppy, T2 best I can do i think, still hate that bloody last corner

They're really fast splits. Well done. I'm gonna have one more run then i'll submit.

I find it very hard to get a clean lap where you don't touch any walls. This car understeers really badly as well. You just can't get the nose of the car pointed into the apex's. Which is quite frustrating.

This car understeers really badly as well. You just can't get the nose of the car pointed into the apex's. Which is quite frustrating.

Most notibly for me is the last corner, seems to take ages to get the nose pointed where i want it

Stotty, happy where i am, now and then when i fluke a decent run, will keep you on your toes and honest

Didn't have any problems with the last turn... but worked that one out from watching and following Dan's ghost while running the IFTC race there... early braking and coming off the throttle before turning in are the keys.

The first turn however is killing me... can't seem to get the nose to stick through there at all.

And you seems to have had a run of flukes recently :P

I don't have any trouble with the last corner either.

I have trouble getting the nose to stick at turn 1 and at the corner before the T1 split. These are the 2 corners where I always hit the wall on exit.

In fact, for almost all the turns, braking early works well... along with turning in a bit earlier than you think and carrying more speed to the apex whilst coasting.

And coming off the gas before turning is essential in this car.

Turn 1, i brake at normal spot, not early, off power and brakes before corner, turning early, slightly sliding it towards wall, then power on. The turn before T1, into 3rd before corner and it looks like i will hit inside wall but it slides to outside wall. Only reason i say last turn, it feels like i should be on the power earlier than i am, i think im at least 5+ mph slower than i should be, i just cant figure this bend out

Turn before T1 is exactly the same.

The last bend is a funny one... you can carry more apex speed, but this just means you have to wait longer to get back on the gas... so it's a bit counter productive. I think my best final corners have an apex speed only around 35mph, but I'm fully on the gas whilst still on the kerb. I have seen 38-39 mph apex speed, but at this speed the car's slightly understeering and means you can't get back on the power fully until the outside kerb.

Edit: the mph differences between grip and slip on this car are extremely small.

I do not think 37's are possible at T2 Ron, after a quick feeler session, managed to reach

Pretty rough looking lap, plan to try and hunt down George's time in a distant session. Having trouble with the corner after T2, not sure weather to stay in 3rd or punch it in second quickly to get quick acceleration exiting. Also, gear 3 vs gear 2 seemed pretty even at the first corner aswell. ;)

First stint in this car for quite a long time........mmm rewarding once it grips and the backend stays off the walls.

!st sector 24.528
2nd sector 39.610

Damn holl01 your here now knocking us for 6, shame we are offline, we all be itching to download your ghost to see how to do this lap properly

Damn! Dan's here. There goes any chance of winning. :lol:

Nah, welcome Dan. 👍

This is to prevent me from having to make multiple 'board updated' posts each day, and from edited splits being overlooked.

Check out this line in Luxy: Tuning: Physics = Pro / Tyres = S2 / Tuning optional / Deadline = 19.01.09 @ 23:59 GMT / last post 80

I'd like to ask all of you to check the leaderboard for the last post that has been updated. If your previous post has not been included in the board, then you are free to update that post. If it has been included, please make a new post with your latest splits or laps. Thanks 👍

Board updated.

Last edited:

Did have a 24.2xx at one point, but went into a powerslide through the long left. I've pretty much nailed the quick left-right after that long left, now. Don't lift at all, now.

I envy you guys that can spend a few hours on this each week and post superfast times - I've decided to reduce my time spent on these events to just 4 one hour sessions each week. Here are my first splits after the first session:

I really wish we could run these online because it would be great to see all the GTP tags near the top of the rankings. Good Luck Everyone!! 👍

4 one hour sessions... I'm lucky if I get 2... though I did spend a lot more than that on some of the IFTC rounds.

Just did about another 20 laps.

T1 - 24.197

T2 - 39.098

All about getting the sectors together as I find it far too easy to tap a wall :(

Spend 1.5 hours chasing my own dirty ghost until I finally beat him.
Last sector isn't as good as that dirty ghost's though.
At least I now have a ghost with a fast t1 and t2 to follow.

T1 - 24.054
T2 - 38.766

little improved time:

T1: 24.526
T2: 39.791

I just don't have the patience for something like that. Did around 70 laps, where at least 60 were dirty.

In the case of this combo, less is more. Aggression will give very few rewards here, barring perhaps the first corner.

Back