GTP_WRS Week 11 : Nissan R35 GT-R @ London Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 183 comments
Can I volenteer to drop down a division? Lol

No way I can keep up with these current D1 guys...No way at all!

Dude, I am SO there with ya - this one has me stumped completely!

new splits super close to the wall but clean.

24.178 / 39.051
24.081 / 39.008

Much cleaner now with some room to spare.

24.051 / 38.772

Last edited:
First try at this combo (actually first laps on London reverse ever)
T1: 24.755
T2: 39.874
I'm feeling like a pinball... took me forever to get a clean lap.

Luxy update.

EDIT I think I will pass on this one combo. As some of you may know city tracks were never my thing, and trying to drive it using the new GT wheel - which really changes all of the game - is a nightmare. For now I'll stick to my new gamesave using only the wheel, and anticipate week 12 at Daytona. I hope it's not going to be the zigzag version as suggested by one of you loonies :lol:

Last edited:
Gentlemen.

Looking at the online leaderboard ,I see to many laptimes from WRS competitors on it.

Please spend some time at looking to your settings when starting Time Trail.

I truly hope, not so many/or any mistakes will be made when tuning the right PP when we have a tune race.:nervous:

My theory of running 1 second faster in standard mode seems to prove itself here. I went back and tried Standard mode and ran exactly 1 sec faster by the 8th lap. These are the splits from Standard mode: 23.456 / 38.036

If only I could apply myself to run as fast in Pro I would have something. :sly:

Last edited:
I may be missing something, but what is the point in running this combo in Standard if we are doing it in Professional?

----

Just had a better T1 and T3, both by 1 tenth, but lost 1 tenth from the big left hander. I want to get to 39 flats or under, before submitting.

I may be missing something, but what is the point in running this combo in Standard if we are doing it in Professional?

It's an experiment to keep me busy. :) I am having fun running both. The difference in grip is quite a feeling swapping back and forth. 👍

After a martini settled me down last night I did a lap with T1 24.3xx and T2 39.4xx but there is an almost unnoticable wall tap in the S section before T1 - the only way I discovered it was chasing my ghost and seeing it. I should have a halfway decent time to submit this week but don't see a Div 3 podium on this one unless the top 3 really mess up the final section (which only has one turn in it but OH what a turn) - and somehow I don't see GTP_Wanna_B, GTP_Tzayad, or Duke making that mistake.

Very happy with these splits
(for obvious reasons + it took me more than 2 hours to improve my previous best)

T1 - 23.856
T2 - 38.505

I hate it when life gets in the way. I may get a little time tomorrow, but as of now it looks like I'll miss this one. :(

Boy, I can only imagine the steaming pile of wreckage this car would be in real life after the torture I put it through in this session! :lol:

Admittedly backed off a little bit in order to keep it off the walls. Should be able to trim it down some. Very fun!

After a martini settled me down last night I did a lap with T1 24.3xx and T2 39.4xx but there is an almost unnoticable wall tap in the S section before T1 - the only way I discovered it was chasing my ghost and seeing it. I should have a halfway decent time to submit this week but don't see a Div 3 podium on this one unless the top 3 really mess up the final section (which only has one turn in it but OH what a turn) - and somehow I don't see GTP_Wanna_B, GTP_Tzayad, or Duke making that mistake.

:lol: I'm not counting any chickens. I'm going slower as the week progresses :dunce:

Figured I should throw in something I was happy enough with just in case I don't get any more time on this:

T1: 24.177
T2: 39.005

GTP_Synwraith, Division 2 Bronze, Controller.

All the best
Maz

New splits.

24.395 (24.172)

Having a good time with this combo.
Still a couple tenths out there before t2 for me.
Probably a half second off the total.

Update:
T1: 24.025
T2: 38.767

Is it just me or do Tz and JvM have some sorta one-upmanship thing going on here? Question is, who will end the week ahead of the other - I think they should keep it going after then event ends while being logged into their GTP accounts. :)

Is it just me or do Tz and JvM have some sorta one-upmanship thing going on here? Question is, who will end the week ahead of the other - I think they should keep it going after then event ends while being logged into their GTP accounts. :)

I'm sure that we can rely on the next WRS to keep it going. You are right though. True, I used to see where JvM was and use that as my target, since i think we are well matched, but lately I haven't even been paying attention to his times. Just so happens we keep leapfrogging each other. I love it, because it keeps us both getting faster and faster. JvM, quick, post another time so we can keep going!

To SH1FT3R: I changed your T2 from 28.963 to 38.963 as you might have made a typo? :)

Board updated.

Looking at the online leaderboard ,I see to many laptimes from WRS competitors on it.
:grumpy: I truly hope more competitors will read the rulebook better or the admins might think of some form of punishment ... :)

I understand it, first you try to get a feel for the track and the car in a more forgiving setup, later you switch to the real settings.

Last edited:
Back