GTP_WRS Week 11 : Nissan R35 GT-R @ London Reverse

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sjaak
  • 183 comments
  • 14,060 views
Can I volenteer to drop down a division? Lol

No way I can keep up with these current D1 guys...No way at all!

Dude, I am SO there with ya - this one has me stumped completely!
 
new splits super close to the wall but clean.

24.178 / 39.051
24.081 / 39.008

Much cleaner now with some room to spare.

24.051 / 38.772
 
Last edited:
New splits.

24.603
39.640
 
First try:

T1 - 24.376
T2 - 39.624
 
Not much more time left in it for me.

T1 - 24.392
T2 - 39.175
 
Ah well.. :)

T1: 24.030
T2: 38.799
 
First session:
T1: 24.003
T2: 38.903
 
First try at this combo (actually first laps on London reverse ever)
T1: 24.755
T2: 39.874
I'm feeling like a pinball... took me forever to get a clean lap.
 
Luxy update.

EDIT I think I will pass on this one combo. As some of you may know city tracks were never my thing, and trying to drive it using the new GT wheel - which really changes all of the game - is a nightmare. For now I'll stick to my new gamesave using only the wheel, and anticipate week 12 at Daytona. I hope it's not going to be the zigzag version as suggested by one of you loonies :lol:
 
Last edited:
T1 23.956
t2 38.697
 
Gentlemen.

Looking at the online leaderboard ,I see to many laptimes from WRS competitors on it.

Please spend some time at looking to your settings when starting Time Trail.

I truly hope, not so many/or any mistakes will be made when tuning the right PP when we have a tune race.:nervous:
 
My theory of running 1 second faster in standard mode seems to prove itself here. I went back and tried Standard mode and ran exactly 1 sec faster by the 8th lap. These are the splits from Standard mode: 23.456 / 38.036

If only I could apply myself to run as fast in Pro I would have something. :sly:
 
Last edited:
I may be missing something, but what is the point in running this combo in Standard if we are doing it in Professional?

----

Just had a better T1 and T3, both by 1 tenth, but lost 1 tenth from the big left hander. I want to get to 39 flats or under, before submitting.
 
I may be missing something, but what is the point in running this combo in Standard if we are doing it in Professional?

It's an experiment to keep me busy. :) I am having fun running both. The difference in grip is quite a feeling swapping back and forth. 👍
 
Finally got a chance to put in a few laps

24.509
39.942
 
After a martini settled me down last night I did a lap with T1 24.3xx and T2 39.4xx but there is an almost unnoticable wall tap in the S section before T1 - the only way I discovered it was chasing my ghost and seeing it. I should have a halfway decent time to submit this week but don't see a Div 3 podium on this one unless the top 3 really mess up the final section (which only has one turn in it but OH what a turn) - and somehow I don't see GTP_Wanna_B, GTP_Tzayad, or Duke making that mistake.
 
Its a cold one out there... getting ready to dive in on a quiet day off.
 
Very happy with these splits
(for obvious reasons + it took me more than 2 hours to improve my previous best)

T1 - 23.856
T2 - 38.505
 
I hate it when life gets in the way. I may get a little time tomorrow, but as of now it looks like I'll miss this one. :(
 
Boy, I can only imagine the steaming pile of wreckage this car would be in real life after the torture I put it through in this session! :lol:

24.563
39.864

Admittedly backed off a little bit in order to keep it off the walls. Should be able to trim it down some. Very fun!
 
After a martini settled me down last night I did a lap with T1 24.3xx and T2 39.4xx but there is an almost unnoticable wall tap in the S section before T1 - the only way I discovered it was chasing my ghost and seeing it. I should have a halfway decent time to submit this week but don't see a Div 3 podium on this one unless the top 3 really mess up the final section (which only has one turn in it but OH what a turn) - and somehow I don't see GTP_Wanna_B, GTP_Tzayad, or Duke making that mistake.

:lol: I'm not counting any chickens. I'm going slower as the week progresses :dunce:
 
Figured I should throw in something I was happy enough with just in case I don't get any more time on this:

T1: 24.177
T2: 39.005

GTP_Synwraith, Division 2 Bronze, Controller.

All the best
Maz
 
Update:
T1: 24.025
T2: 38.767
 
Oops.. wrong thread. :D :crazy:
 
New splits.

24.395 (24.172)
39.406


Having a good time with this combo.
Still a couple tenths out there before t2 for me.
Probably a half second off the total.
 
Update:
T1: 24.025
T2: 38.767

Is it just me or do Tz and JvM have some sorta one-upmanship thing going on here? Question is, who will end the week ahead of the other - I think they should keep it going after then event ends while being logged into their GTP accounts. :)
 
Haaahaaa :p

I think I've had enough when this event ends. ;)
 
new splits,

T1 - 24.079
T2 - 38.963

Probably give in one more session.
 
Last edited:
Is it just me or do Tz and JvM have some sorta one-upmanship thing going on here? Question is, who will end the week ahead of the other - I think they should keep it going after then event ends while being logged into their GTP accounts. :)

I'm sure that we can rely on the next WRS to keep it going. You are right though. True, I used to see where JvM was and use that as my target, since i think we are well matched, but lately I haven't even been paying attention to his times. Just so happens we keep leapfrogging each other. I love it, because it keeps us both getting faster and faster. JvM, quick, post another time so we can keep going!
 
To SH1FT3R: I changed your T2 from 28.963 to 38.963 as you might have made a typo? :)

Board updated.

Looking at the online leaderboard ,I see to many laptimes from WRS competitors on it.
:grumpy: I truly hope more competitors will read the rulebook better or the admins might think of some form of punishment ... :)

I may be missing something, but what is the point in running this combo in Standard if we are doing it in Professional?
I understand it, first you try to get a feel for the track and the car in a more forgiving setup, later you switch to the real settings.
 
Last edited:
Back