GTP_WRS Week 111 : Smokey and the Bandit

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 130 comments
Sorry for triple posting. I have Monday's off, as you can see. :lol:

Probably another 4-5 tenths left in it.

1'23.500

What a great combo. I am also a child of the 80s and can still very well remember the movie. In Germany it was called "Ein ausgekochtes Schlitzohr". I hope I find in the next few days some time for this great combo :).

Since this is the 2nd GT6 WRS Dirt Combo With Permission from @Gravitron Id Like to share one of my GoPro Dirt Track Racing Videos.

This was from the last summer, as i was a rookie in this class with very tough competition across Wissota Nation. This is my home track, its a 1/2 Mile banked like Bristol.

-- First Race is the Heat Race in the GoPro, Second Race is the Feature Race.

I had probably the oldest engine of all the cars and some of these guys spend 10-30 thousand just on engines. And i got the entire car for 8. Lol But it was fun, Next years car is going to be WAY Faster Lol

Enjoy the Video! Thought it would be the perfect time to share this video along with this dirt Combo! I should be able to do this combo!

Oh and Subscribe to the Racing Channel if you feel like it :D

Thanks Everyone!

Last edited:
And here I thought I had gone pretty darn fast with my lap. Already like 6 or 7 seconds off the pace.

Hoo boy

Why oh why do you keep doing this to me :mad: another one :banghead: will you stop doing this :lol: (no really keep it up :cheers:)
Smokey and the bandit was one of those films that got me interested in cars. Love the films love the car, have to try this even though I need to get some studying done this week. Not sure they are in GT6 but if they are you should of had a pace car chasing it in the photos :lol:

Big fun plowing through the dirt, thanks for the awesome combo! :cheers: Will be away this weekend so i better be starting scraping off time distracting the sheriff now!

1:27.217

(Not the first dirt event. But it is the first Toscana event)

Already had a 'D' set in my garage.

I'm unsure when my countersteering is called for and when I'm only recovering from my own blunders.

First lap that I wasn't too slow in the chicane. But it doesn't look fast in the replay.

EDK
Great to see you, Chris. 👍
Thanks Kevin. :) I keep trying to make more time but its not easy these days. More on that later....
Since this is the first GT6 WRS Dirt Combo....
2nd actually - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-12-500w.306493/ :)

I had to give this one a go though since we laughed about it when Kevin first brought it up (where's the Charger btw? :dopey:)

Look out Grandma, here comes a lawnmower:

1'23.050

Simply an awesome combo 👍

Since this is the 2nd GT6 WRS Dirt Combo With Permission from @Gravitron Id Like to share one of my GoPro Dirt Track Racing Videos.

This was from the last summer, as i was a rookie in this class with very tough competition across Wissota Nation. This is my home track, its a 1/2 Mile banked like Bristol.

-- First Race is the Heat Race in the GoPro, Second Race is the Feature Race.

I had probably the oldest engine of all the cars and some of these guys spend 10-30 thousand just on engines. And i got the entire car for 8. Lol But it was fun, Next years car is going to be WAY Faster Lol

Enjoy the Video! Thought it would be the perfect time to share this video along with this dirt Combo! I should be able to do this combo!

Oh and Subscribe to the Racing Channel if you feel like it :D

Thanks Everyone!

Good Job on the 9th, looks like they bombed ya at the end. You can def see the power dif. What class was that?

Good Job on the 9th, looks like they bombed ya at the end. You can def see the power dif. What class was that?
Yeah I had a pretty good run on the high side going for the checkers and that 51 green and black car pushed me out of the way and put me in the wall.

Lol no kidding..I gain them in the corners and they fly away on the straights.

The class is called Wissota Street Stocks.

Yeah I had a pretty good run on the high side going for the checkers and that 51 green and black car pushed me out of the way and put me in the wall.

Lol no kidding..I gain them in the corners and they fly away on the straights.

The class is called Wissota Street Stocks.
Wissota? I want to hazard a guess and say that's combining the states "Wisconsin" and "Minnesota"?

We used to race Pro-Stock dirt stock cars and they were about 450 hp, 2 barrel carb, 2 speed power glide (only used 1st) spool rear end, Spaghetti Headers etc... I was just wondering how pumped it was

We used to race Pro-Stock dirt stock cars and they were about 450 hp, 2 barrel carb, 2 speed power glide (only used 1st) spool rear end, Spaghetti Headers etc... I was just wondering how pumped it was
That's the same to what we are running

2 barrel, 2 speed power glide, yeah it's very pumped still. However technology has changed in the race cars as well as some people run ethonal motors including me for next year which is so much cheaper than that racing fuel. $50 for 5 gallons!

We got a long way to go
and a short time to get there

1'22.584

Don't use any rear downforce, it slows you down. Some throttle on entry and mid-corner brings the back end around enough to stop you just sliding wide.

We got a long way to go
and a short time to get there

1'22.584

Don't use any rear downforce, it slows you down. Some throttle on entry and mid-corner brings the back end around enough to stop you just sliding wide.
Huh rear downforce? Explain?

Nice Splits by the way! 👍

My car feels like I'm dragging an anchor around the track so maybe I'll peal all the airo off and see if it sets my bird free

Ok, can someone walk me through the long uphill sweeper before T1?
High 35 is all I can do here.

Dunno about that but it appears that I am, literally, walking through it given my fastest is over a second slower :lol: Then again, I suck even more on dirt than I do on normal surfaces!!

Back