GTP_WRS Week 12 : A Rainbow of Sporty V12's

• Thread starter PASM
  • 354 comments
I look forward to this one. As I was a 15 year old non driving petrolhead back in 1976, this was a dream car of mine. @PASM Sorry to be pedantic but this BBaby has a Flat12 rather than a V12 in the middle of it.

I remember this argument before about whether it was a boxer, V or flat :lol:

I believe the consensus was that it’s a flat 12 but that’s essentially a V12 with a 180 degree angle so I guess technically you are both correct!!

Smooth is key with this one like the Stingray (C3) a few weeks ago.

If you are really struggling... Put Sport Hard tires on it and run 3-5 laps. Put the Sport Softs back on and you will be amazed at how much better the car feels. This should make you a bit faster in my opinion. Smooth is fast with minimal steering angle and control the direction with the throttle.

If you are really struggling... Put Sport Hard tires on it and run 3-5 laps. Put the Sport Softs back on and you will be amazed at how much better the car feels. This should make you a bit faster in my opinion. Smooth is fast with minimal steering angle and control the direction with the throttle.

This is a great tip actually. Might try that for the fun of it :D

Regarding the engine discussion, this is two flat sixes joined together, or at least that's what a Ferrari mechanic with 30 years of experience explained to me a couple of years ago. He told me it was a nightmare to get the ignition timing right if you had never worked on the engine before.

Have not driven a lap, but I like to be prepared for the days ahead. :lol:

Livery...check.

Time to explore the track.:scared:

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

e.jpg

It’s all well and good posting splits and the like but what about the important information - colour choice? I’ve gone for a nice “Rosso Rubino” to take in the Italian countryside

C6DAF37E-4381-4183-9371-031CDCEFBDFF.jpeg

I don’t know the track at all but have driven the car a couple of times before!

3rd for 1, 2nd for 2, 3rd for 3 at least that's what I am using (for now :P)

I will give this a try...

I have been using 2nd gear for the first corner and second corner then winding it out to be in 3rd gear for the third corner.

I will give this a try...

I have been using 2nd gear for the first corner and second corner then winding it out to be in 3rd gear for the third corner.

I found staying in 3rd and cutting the 1st corner hard gave you a chance to get on the gas for 2 without spinning out. Seems to be working for me but have no idea if this is the right thing to do 👍

Is figure of power in OP a typo? because I got confused, as I see my 512 has 354Hp, not 345. ^^
@PASM :embarrassed: needed to check the tyre compounds needed and saw this. :cheers::gtpflag:

Is figure of power in OP a typo? because I got confused, as I see my 512 has 354Hp, not 345. ^^
@PASM :embarrassed: needed to check the tyre compounds needed and saw this. :cheers::gtpflag:
One of the issues we have are slightly different power ratings depending on the country the user is in.

Since the only means of changing power is making adjustments to it in the tuning screen with the percent slider (or BOP), you don't really have any risk with being out of compliance, provided your power and weight are both at 100% (or as directed in the OP for that week).

EDK
One of the issues we have are slightly different power ratings depending on the country the user is in.

Since the only means of changing power is making adjustments to it in the tuning screen with the percent slider (or BOP), you don't really have any risk with being out of compliance, provided your power and weight are both at 100% (or as directed in the OP for that week).
Thanks for clarifying this :cheers:

Okay, me was brave to turn TC down to 0, and even turned off the ABS, ran for 30km, do I get some kind of achievement? ^^

just to see the difference with aids off and on

Back