GTP_WRS Week 12 : A Rainbow of Sporty V12's

• Thread starter PASM
  • 354 comments
BB -3 TC 0

The 4th and 5th corner onto the back straight can be taken flat if you hit it just right. Gaining a bit of time heading to the last corner.

Using 3rd gear for the first corner then 2nd for the second corner and then back to 3rd for the third corner.

Love driving this car...

BB -3 TC 0

The 4th and 5th corner onto the back straight can be taken flat if you hit it just right. Gaining a bit of time heading to the last corner.

Using 3rd gear for the first corner then 2nd for the second corner and then back to 3rd for the third corner.

Love driving this car...

That tip on gearing seems to have worked :)👍

That tip on gearing seems to have worked :)👍

Helped me too! 👍 (but I'm still going to be bringing up the rear this week as this one has my number big time in the section before the "close your eyes and hold your breath" flat out part)

Last edited:
Hmm, I've been taking T1 in 2nd. Guess I'll give 3rd a go at some point. That fast right kink before the hairpin is fun. Currently not sure if it's faster muscling it through at full throttle, or keeping it straight by easing off a little. Made a small improvement in S1, but gained heaps in the last turn.

@ColinNZ If you can thread the needle, the uphill chicane is definitely faster full throttle.

Indeed, the key is the setup to it. You need to be following the best line. The right hander 2 corners before is the key, it sets you up to take the left kink almost straight taking a lot of curb which gives you the best line into the fast right so you can keep your foot planted

Back