GTP_WRS Week 12 : A Rainbow of Sporty V12's

• Thread starter PASM
  • 354 comments
Certainly did help @Argon!
Just have to figure out the T1/T2 transition. And the rest of the lap! :D
Btw, TC 0 and BB -2

I realise this may sound counter intuitive but try a mildly + BB. There are really only two places you need anchors, Turn 1 and the last turn. For me running -BB added too much understeer in 1 so I notched it back a bit towards rear bias. For those with dexterity and the ability to walk, talk and chew gum at the same time you could knock the BB back to front bias mid lap for the last corner.

Of course I reserve the right to ignore my own advice and go back to -BB as I have really only had one small run at this so far :lol:

Last edited:
Just to make sure and to notify others because it's really easy to cut here.
This is the high speed right hander just after T1 mark.

This is dirty right?

5980789172108002816_0.jpg

Just to make sure and to notify others because it's really easy to cut here.
This is the high speed right hander just after T1 mark.

This is dirty right?

View attachment 713990

I would say yes because that white bit isn't rumble strip and the track edge is the white line so you have 3 wheel off the track and possibly 4 in a few frames time looking at the rear :lol::lol:

I would say yes because that white bit isn't rumble strip and the track edge is the white line so you have 3 wheel off the track and possibly 4 in a few frames time looking at the rear :lol::lol:

I think it is rumble strip. Texture, shape and sound would make me argue that. Its all white, which could argue that it isn't rumble strip.

Edit: from the OP "Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. No other surfaces are track"

I read that as white rumble strip is part of track. Unless it's meant as THE red/white rumble strip.

Imo :)

I personally didn't use it as rumble strip so far. A clear ruling would be nice.

Hmmm! I better have another check of my fastest lap replay, not sure if I cut onto the white thinking it was rumble strip :confused:

I checked after seeing this. Two wheels on white, two on tarmac, so good. 👍 but i have had some laps with all four off tarmac there.

Always pays to keep two on the black bit, slower yes, but slower with style. :gtplanet:

Yeah that is how I usually drive because it feels unnatural to put two tires in grass and 2 on curb. This particular spot though doesn't feel that unnatural to do. And it doesn't give a penalty for it either, so figured it was legal.

I think it is rumble strip. Texture, shape and sound would make me argue that. Its all white, which could argue that it isn't rumble strip.

Edit: from the OP "Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. No other surfaces are track"

I read that as white rumble strip is part of track. Unless it's meant as THE red/white rumble strip.

Imo :)

I personally didn't use it as rumble strip so far. A clear ruling would be nice.

Have asked for a second opinion, clear ruling coming soon :)

I thought this was the anniversary week so I got a little inside help to show me how to control this car without spinning, I'm probably done with this already it took way too long to get a clean lap. I am very happy that the ordeal is over :crazy:

Starting to find the rhythm. Still haven't put 100 miles on the old girl. Finding a little speed here and there. Still more to find.

Had some fun sideways slides :D
Screenshot_20180213-154704.jpg

Have had many, many spins :scared:
Screenshot_20180213-154728.jpg

And... apparently Ferraris can fly!! :eek:
Screenshot_20180213-154755.jpg

Last edited:

Got some new split, 1.1s faster than the yesterday one (ABS on helps so much) and even keepin TC on 0. Hard to get consistency and pace together. Rhythm is some random noises (played at once). Anyway, 1.9s faster at the line.

Can't believe Ferrari didn't include a rear spoiler on this car :odd:

'aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines' Enzo Ferrari :)

Found this while looking for a quote i thought i heard about driving a ferrari but after half an hour of looking i think i added my own bit to the end of a something Luca di Montezemolo once said “A Ferrari is like a beautiful woman, she must be worth waiting for and desired'' and above all else you must show her respect or she will kill you :lol:

Can't believe how much fun this is. My favorite car from GT5P emerges again, now better sounding than ever. Steer with the throttle and brake as much as with the wheel. That's the best tip I can give. I know this is tough for the controller drivers. You have to be really mindful of where you put the weight of the car. You lift sudden, the weight shift to the front is extreme. You lift very smoothly the car will stay on it's path. Steering corrections are in the minute differences, not wrist size. Also, try to spend as less time coasting as you can. Either be braking or accelerating, or holding a steady throttle (throttle in to keep your exact speed). The shift in the high speed sweeper needs to be timed properly too. Shift while you have a lot of steering, the car will slide. Shift when going straight, no issue.

Be smooth and the stopwatch will reward you :)

Back