GTP_WRS Week 12 : A Rainbow of Sporty V12's

• Thread starter PASM
  • 354 comments
I think it's worth trying, it's only 1 click either way. But my luck, I will go 2 or 3 clicks :lol:.

I struggle the most with T2 and T3. Trying to keep my speed just right. I get it right about every 4 or 5 laps :banghead:
I struggle with T1, I get a competitive time 1 out of 10 laps.

EDK
I struggle with T1, I get a competitive time 1 out of 10 laps.

Seems I do best in T1 by getting off the brake before the apex and letting it coast thru the apex. Then ease back in the throttle.

This is fun now! Haha. Run out of time tonight but at least I'm amongst the low 27s. Super close.

I ran hard tires for the first day too. Couldn't figure out how on earth I was so far behind. Luckily I caught mine that day :lol:

Reactions: EDK
Only done about 400 miles this week, I’ve been close to my fastest lap several times but beating it is proving impossible. Just can’t seem to carry enough speed through 2&3, plus consistency around the final hairpin is non existent :banghead:

Time to give it up & hope next weeks ride is a bit more predictable! I hate this 🤬 Ferrari :mad:

Well, I improved my lap time by .2 and have seen glimpses of my potential. Which is quicker than I initially thought. I did lose .002 on my S1 in this lap. I have seen some .0s on S1 just not good S2s to go with. Will work some more on this over the weekend.

Edit: btw @EDK, I could not get the adjusting BB to work well for me.

Something to try that I like tho. Instead of braking for turn 2, just down shift. Seems to be smoother and you don't lose any time.

Last edited:
I just tried to play GTSport and all my cars are gone. only ones I have now are from the DLC. I am so mad right now. what the ****. Is there a way to get my stuff back. all because of this stupid online saving ****. I have played this game everyday since I bought it. I get off work late tonight and come home to this ********. guess I am done with this tt. just found a way to get everything I had back except the Ferrari which I will just re-buy. Now I don't have to call Sony and cuss them out.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, is everyone wringing its neck all the way to the redline on the straight and up the hill?

I only use left foot. Once you get used to it, it is faster.

Think of it as driving a kart. It's easier than you think.

I have been doing that since day one with the wheel, however I am not good at shifting with the clutch because of the bar that runs between my legs...

Oh yeah, that was fun. I had to break some eggs while finding throttle control. :dopey:

First 35 laps:

@monoha left foot braking is a must. When I switched from DFGT plastic pedals to @EDK's G25 pedals, the increase in strength of the brake pedal had me walking a little funny as my left foot slowly got stronger than my right, haha.
(What is EDK's pedals? A mod? I'm on G27, perhaps that mod would work for me as well?)

I drive like this with any car that gets twitchy under braking. If you give a car gas at the same time you're braking, the car will be much more stable.

Yeah, you should probably learn to left foot brake. Its a good idea for every combo for 2 main reasons; one being that you can brake and accelerate at the same time to stabilize the car, and the second is that in the time it takes to take your right foot off the gas and onto the brake, you could be braking later by using your left foot.

Also left foot all the time in the game, but can't do it in my real car to save my life!

Well thats an eye opener for me. I haven't raced in real life, but seen pros do it, but never thought about doing it myself. I just tried it a bit and it feels so akward, but yeah, probably need plenty of practice to feel natural. This combo will have to do as my training ground for left foot braking.

Last edited:
I'm continuing my study into drunk driving versus sober, my conclusion so far don't drive a 512 when your drunk, stick to a Corvette! Last week my second fastest time of the week was after most of a bottle of wine, tried the same last night and couldn't get within 2 seconds of my best :lol:

Better this morning though:

27.143 :P

No doubt you guys will pass me in the results :lol:

Hehe, well, lets see if it isn't too early to get some benefit from left foot braking or my current +0.001 delta will have to do!

EDIT: okay, that worked better than I thought. Saw a .2 improve on the line and even a .946 in T1.

Also changed to - 3bb, helps a lot in sector 1.

Done 250 km, so will probably stop here, let's see. Might join the race tonight as my plans have changed.

Last edited:
Only done about 400 miles this week, I’ve been close to my fastest lap several times but beating it is proving impossible. Just can’t seem to carry enough speed through 2&3, plus consistency around the final hairpin is non existent :banghead:

Time to give it up & hope next weeks ride is a bit more predictable! I hate this 🤬 Ferrari :mad:

Don't give up yet. Try rethinking how you are doing things. This car does not like to be told what to do. You have to be gentle and smooth with her. Sometimes she just needs a little convincing. But, sometimes you have to let her do her thing.

Latest Posts

Back