GTP_WRS Week 12 : A Rainbow of Sporty V12's

• Thread starter PASM
  • 354 comments
Ahrrrrrrrr.... :banghead:
This is destroying my day!!
I gave up the horrible daily races and decided to try this!

“Looks fun and it’s a nice track, let’s buy the car and try!!

I just did 120kms but... my lips are bitten to the point of almost bleeding, my hands are sweating, my legs are numb, my heart rate is oscillating to the point of tachycardia... I had to quit as I was sure I will start to see gnomes around the track!!

I'm not sure if that is the effect I was going for, but if a game can do that to you, you are properly immersed in the experience. Well done and don't give up, there's light at the end of the tunnel ;)

This is a first for me, but I think I may be done with this one already, 2 more 30 plus laps stint and I am no where near my fastest lap. I am not improving at all.
Please make sure there was not anything going on with your settings in the fastest lap run.

Check your top speed (terminal speed) in the highest speed sections. If you can't match it, you may have had something going on with power or weight.

We've already caught a few of these after the fact, and just want to make sure you don't get caught in that trap. I realize it's a tough combo, but "Nowhere near my best time" is a concerning comment in that light.

EDK
Please make sure there was not anything going on with your settings in the fastest lap run.

Check your top speed (terminal speed) in the highest speed sections. If you can't match it, you may have had something going on with power or weight.

We've already caught a few of these after the fact, and just want to make sure you don't get caught in that trap. I realize it's a tough combo, but "Nowhere near my best time" is a concerning comment in that light.

I will recheck it tonight just to be sure. when I say nowhere near it I am about .3 off my best time, I am seeing little improvement in S1 and the S2 on my best lap was darn near perfect for me and now I can not match it. That is where the difference is. Think I just got lucky 1 lap.

I will recheck it tonight just to be sure. when I say nowhere near it I am about .3 off my best time, I am seeing little improvement in S1 and the S2 on my best lap was darn near perfect for me and now I can not match it. That is where the difference is. Think I just got lucky 1 lap.
OK. Just want to make sure. Understand those can happen, if it's just hooking up in corners with the right lines that's something different.

But we're pretty liberal with DQ's if someone has faster acceleration and top speed than they should.

EDK
OK. Just want to make sure. Understand those can happen, if it's just hooking up in corners with the right lines that's something different.

But we're pretty liberal with DQ's if someone has faster acceleration and top speed than they should.

Nope, I would hope if that was the case I would be in the top 15 at least. :lol:

This is a first for me, but I think I may be done with this one already, 2 more 30 plus laps stint and I am no where near my fastest lap. I am not improving at all.

Join the club.. I have only gone faster twice.. than the first split I posted.. 1st time I made an error at the hairpin.. next time was dirty (pic above).. so no improvement made..must be over 250 laps by now

Ahrrrrrrrr.... :banghead:
This is destroying my day!!
I gave up the horrible daily races and decided to try this!

“Looks fun and it’s a nice track, let’s buy the car and try!!

I just did 120kms but... my lips are bitten to the point of almost bleeding, my hands are sweating, my legs are numb, my heart rate is oscillating to the point of tachycardia... I had to quit as I was sure I will start to see gnomes around the track!!

There's no gnomes? :eek:

I'm not sure if that is the effect I was going for, but if a game can do that to you, you are properly immersed in the experience. Well done and don't give up, there's light at the end of the tunnel ;)
Don't be fooled! The tunnel is a lie! It was painted by Roadrunner!

EDK
That's not faster. ;)

However much you think you need to turn the car, keep it pinned, no lift and try half that steering angle.

It's a tight rope walk, but your exit speed will be amazing.

Thanks..👍 a much better line.. now to get the hairpin better..:)

Reactions: EDK
Coming soon to a WRS near you:

:gtpflag::gtpflag:The Allibubba Ironman Participation Challenge:gtpflag::gtpflag:

Begins: Week 13
Ends: ca 2019-2022, last man standing wins

:cheers:PRIZES:cheers:PRIZES:cheers:PRIZES:cheers:
Prizes may include:
:dopey: $100,000 (technically a piece of paper with "$100,000" printed upon it)

:bowdown:MORE FREE BEER (shipping and handling charges may apply)

:confused: Logitech wheel, pedals and stand :eek: (I have a broken down DFGT taking up space in my closet)

:crazy: Group hugs (participation not mandatory)

:dunce: Participation Trophies (or at least an image of one)

:gtplanet: Choice of Combo
(ok this will probably be the real prize)

:gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

Watch the 'GTP Weekly Race Series Time Trials' Forum for further details.

In honor of GTP WRS's 15th anniversary and @Allibubba99 's awesome 151 week consecutive streak of participating in time trials.....

Last edited:
Thanks..👍 a much better line.. now to get the hairpin better..:)
Brake early. I use the cones, and I brake before the 2 cone mark (first of them) on the way in. Maybe half a car length before, at most, but I do not wait until I am at the cones to lift. Nearly positive they align to the first or second of the meter marker signs.

In any case, I find trail braking the car to the apex to be key, you should be getting back on throttle basically right as you are releasing the brake.

It was 151 TT's in a row ending with this combo. http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT6/results/41/

It was an awesome run and eventually burned me out! My wife would just roll her eyes at me! The marriage did survive, we are still going strong. Good luck to all, it will take you almost 3 years to break my record!!!!!!!

Al
:gtpflag:LONG LIVE THE WRS! :gtpflag:

Coming soon to a WRS near you:

:gtpflag::gtpflag:The Allibubba Ironman Participation Challenge:gtpflag::gtpflag:

Begins: Week 13
Ends: ca 2019-2022, last man standing wins

:cheers:PRIZES:cheers:PRIZES:cheers:PRIZES:cheers:
Prizes may include:
:dopey: $100,000 (technically a piece of paper with "$100,000" printed upon it)

:bowdown:MORE FREE BEER (shipping and handling charges may apply)

:confused: Logitech wheel, pedals and stand :eek: (I have a broken down DGFT taking up space in my closet)

:crazy: Group hugs (participation not mandatory)

:dunce: Participation Trophies (or at least an image of one)

:gtplanet: Choice of Combo
(ok this will probably be the real prize)

Watch the 'GTP Weekly Race Series Time Trials' Forum for further details.

In honor of GTP WRS's 15th anniversary and @Allibubba99 's awesome 150ish week consecutive streak of participating in time trials.....

It was 151 TT's in a row ending with this combo. http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT6/results/41/

It was an awesome run and eventually burned me out! My wife would just roll her eyes at me! The marriage did survive, we are still going strong. Good luck to all, it will take you almost 3 years to break my record!!!!!!!

Al
:gtpflag:LONG LIVE THE WRS! :gtpflag:
When are we going to get you back in here?

You've been slacking. ;)

Great combo! Loved this car back in GT5P days, but it seems like someone has been loosening some steering bolts since then!

First session, 100 km, -2 Bb.

It's only .05 from my optimal for now.
Second session, 70 km, +4bb

And that's actually on that sessions optimal lap, but I think I can squeeze a bit more out of it in my next session.

The improvement seems to be mostly because of using 3rd gear at turn 3.

A good few hours later..

27:120

Very pleased with that :D but that’s enough for me. There’s maybe a little more I can give but it will be like finding a needle in a haystack :scared:
Good luck to you guys :gtpflag:

Well, I didn't get to run any laps yesterday. However... I was reminded (like I needed to be) why I love racing and where it started.

So, my dad had back surgery. My wife and I went to visit him at the hospital yesterday. When we arrived at his room. My step-mom tells me "you won't believe what your dad did". Well, anyone that has ever met my old man will tell you nothing is surprising with him.

Anyway, she proceeds to tell me. "They took him down for an x-ray. When they brought him back, I could her him coming down the hall". Well of course I think he was likely flirting with nurses. She continues " he was making race car noises. Vrrrrrr, vrrrr... then he down shifts for the turn into his room. Rrnnn, rrrnnnn... as he approaches the doorway. When he comes around the corner he has his hands up like he is turning a steering wheel. Comes in squealing tires errrrrr..."

All I could do was look at my wife and say "and you wonder where I get it from :D".

Oh yeah... my split update for today. Better in S1, worse in S2. Better overall.

Now I just need to get my S2 back where it was. Then I will be happy :D

Back