GTP_WRS Week 16 : Focusyn

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 281 comments
I can count on one hand the number of times I've had faster splits than @Iceman over the years. If you want to go backpacking in Europe this week buddy, I wouldn't stop you!

Jerome

I sure as heck wouldn't pass up a trip to Europe, but no such luck this week :cool:!

I'm just being a dirty sandbagger, was too lazy to write down my splits after a night owl session last night. There will be an update after work :mischievous:

I utterly, utterly hate this. I've never been good at Rally in GT.

Initial splits and for all I know these might be the final ones... for me Tokyo was a walk in the park compared to this, the walls are much narrower here!

Exactly my point of view, Tokyo was a 6-lane highway next to this. I have no idea how to drive the dirt...

You turn, but still cruise the direction you've been driving...

sorry for messing up the results in advance, if it is to much of a bad difference to the overall results, I might consider quitting the Alibubba challenge, as I am sure I won't be much quicker on dirt. Possible +10s on top for D2B driver seems to much of a difference to me... well, this isn't my cup of tea...

But you guys, have fun 👍:cheers::gtpflag:

Exactly my point of view, Tokyo was a 6-lane highway next to this. I have no idea how to drive the dirt...

sorry for messing up the results in advance, if it is to much of a bad difference to the overall results, I might consider quitting the Alibubba challenge, as I am sure I won't be much quicker on dirt. Possible +10s on top for D2B driver seems to much of a difference to me... well, this isn't my cup of tea...

Dirt is tricky, here is some advice, slower is faster, if your are turning but still traveling in the same direction your are either going to fast or using too much brake. Using the throttle to control speed is more efficient then trying to use the brakes. Now with all that said I am no expert, that is for sure.

Turn into the corners nice & early, less is more with the brakes & throttle control is king 👍

Thanks for tips guys, tried everything, but all I get is more and more frustration. Rally really isn't for me. :cheers:

Yeah, I know what you mean Miro. I have only had a few clean laps, not fast tho. I'm going to keep trying, cause I don't like giving up. I know slow entry and turn in early have helped me get better control. But, having a hard time carrying speed and not hitting the edges.

Initial splits for the board after 60 miles trial running (including inevitable restarts - plus 30 miles circuit experience). May well continue to use circuit experience to hone my 'skills' (and hopefully time) on each sector given car is fully the same. I know there is a lot more time available from the early optimum-best lap 'gap' and being able to focus on it sector by sector may be a good approach.

Haven't done rallying for a long time so gradually re-learning the techniques - turn earlier than you would think and use throttle control ilo brake plus stay loose with steering wheel grip to encourage smooth turning !

So the GTP WRS events stay interesting to say the least - after Tokyo with the 'thumping' (expansion joints) we now have an event full of creaking and whirring/grinding - hope my newish G29 wheel survives as it sure makes a lot of noise !

I sure as heck wouldn't pass up a trip to Europe, but no such luck this week :cool:!

I'm just being a dirty sandbagger, was too lazy to write down my splits after a night owl session last night. There will be an update after work :mischievous:

vader_NOOOO.jpg

Jerome

Splits from last night:

Going hard at this one, might be my only chance for a good placement for the rat crew given my curiously low handicap. Still some tenths out there to find I think 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Splits from last night:

Going hard at this one, might be my only chance for a good placement for the rat crew given my curiously low handicap. Still some tenths out there to find I think 👍

I goofed up the splits this week, so we have to add 00.000 as our first splits. I think fetchy will pick up the change soon? If not, just post them again with the zeros first.

Sublime time buddy for reals :eek:

And, awesome improvement @Never2fast1 that is the kind of effort that will pay dividends in the TCS.

Jerome

Back